PDA

View Full Version : need advice on a trade

latestdish
10-23-2003, 08:28 AM
Deleted.

krazydaisy
10-23-2003, 08:52 AM
since this person has changed their email several times already i would say they are up to no good and if i were you i would give them until the end of today to give me a tracking number for this computer or refund all my money.
if they fail to do either one i would be contacting paypal to get my money back.

justme23
10-23-2003, 08:57 AM
Well I don't trade here so I don't know just how all of that works about the waiting... but if it were me, I'd report it as soon as possible before she has time to get an account verified through paypal and your money is still there... they will put a freeze on it being cashed atleast (I think) when it's reported and if they find her at fault (admitting refusal to send merchandise sounds like fault to me, it's not your fault she accepted paypal when she didn't have it) your money will still be there to be returned. If it were 10 bucks I could see waiting a normal amount of time... but 120 bucks on a new trader is a big gamble considering everything that's been going on over there lately. Just my opinion tho.

aimefisher
10-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Definitely file a complaint at PAYPAL.

KYgirl
10-23-2003, 09:25 AM
You sent her Paypal AND a Money Order??

Send Paypal a copy of the e-mail she sent you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the file charges with the Postal service!!!!

Yeah This sounds really REALLY fishy to me as well

Good Luck!!!!

princessNC
10-23-2003, 10:08 AM
THIS SOUND LIKE A PART TIME SIDE JOB. THIS PERSON KNOWS GOOD AND WELL WHAT THEY ARE DOING! AFTER ALL IF YOUR SELLING ITEMS YOU HAVE TO READ OVER THE TERMS AND HOW THINGS WORK! THIS PERSON PROBLALY DOESNT EVEN HAVE A COMPUTER, AND THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY. THIS IS HOW THIS SCHEM WORKS. NEVER NEVER PURCAHSE ANYTHING FROM ANY SELLER WHO HAS NO FEED BACK... THIS PERSON HAS CHANGED THERE E-MAIL ADDRESS AS A SELLER FOR A REASON! IF ITS E-BAY YOUR DEALING WITH THEY HAVE LINKS THAT YOU CAN GO TO TO REPORT FRUDE!. SINCE YOU HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT I WOULD ADIVESE SENDING HER A "BILL". IN THE OPTIONS PARTS WERE YOU CAN INCLUDE A MESSAGE I WOULD TYPE REFUND FOR COMPUTER MONEY! THAT WAY SHE WILL KNOW THAT IT IS FROM YOU. YOU SHOULDNT WIAT UNTIL SHE IS READY TO GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK. AFTER ALL DID THEY HAVE TO WAIT TO GET IT. AND IF YOU SENT IT THROUGH PAYPAL, HOW DID YOU KNOW WHERE TO SEND IT TO.. YOU WOULD OF HAD TO HAVE AN E-MAIL ON THE PERSON.. PLUS WITH MY DEALING WITH PAYPAL, IF YOUR NOT AN ACCOUNT HOLDER PAYPAL WONT TRANSER MONEY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOWONE SET UP TO RECEIVE IT. CALL PAYPAL AND HAVE THEM RETRANSER THE MOENY YOU SENT TO THIS MISTERY PERSON BACK TO YOU! YOU LIVE AN LEARN. I HOPE NEXT TIME YOU WILL BE MORE CAREFULL IN YOUR DEALINGS WITH SELLERS! REMEMBER FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK. IF THEY DONT HAVE ANY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG!! SORRY ABOUT YOUR SITUATION, BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO TRY ANYTHING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!:confused:

justme23
10-23-2003, 10:30 AM
That's not true... I have no feedback, but should I decide to trade it wouldn't make me a scam artist just because I have none. It's understandable that someone would give someone a chance, everyone has to start somewhere and you can't GET feedback unless someone does... just like everyone here had NONE at one time and has worked hard for it and they'd still have NONE if someone hadn't given them a chance.

Dragonfairie
10-23-2003, 10:36 AM
if paypal will not give her the money it should still be in the account, file a complaint against her for it and if it is really there they will refund it.

latestdish
10-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Thanks! I understand I was stupid, and I will never trade on a major item again, unless someone has good feedback, or can provide
references from another legit forum (say e-bay, etc. to prove they are a good trader.) -Joy

ezmoney163
10-23-2003, 11:02 AM
(((Joy)))
I feel so bad for you hon. I knew as soon as I saw this post in the auction section it was going to turn out bad. I was going to bid it for my own DD but really tought against it. Please file all the nessasary complaints you need to, you need to get your money back ~ make sure you get it!!

zitra
10-23-2003, 11:20 AM
I wanted to off you ((((HUGS)))) for what you are goig nthrough with this trade..
but to counter what another person said..no feedback doesn't automaticaly = bad trader...if all BBS members felt like that, practically none of BBS would be tradign or have feedback, becuase we were ALL new once (this goes for ebay too).
I was new once, and if it weren't for other members giving me the benefit of the doubt, I would never have been able to start trading/get the feedback that i have...

Don't let this stop you from trading. And I hope nonone will let a person's lack of feedback stop them from trading with someone either. We were all new sometime.

harloo
10-23-2003, 11:31 AM
What you should do is jump on it right away. Contact her local police where she lives. File complaints with paypal. I'm pretty sure the money is gone. But what you can do is put pressure on the trader to refund your money back.

I saw this same post also, and at first I thought it was a good deal. However, I looked at the post totals, looked for feedback, and decided it was too risky.

I can understand that you tried to give a new trader a chance, but I just have read too many stories about new traders scamming people. You could of gave the new trader a chance by telling them to send their end first and then you will send the money.

We live and learn though. I hope you get your money back.

buttrfli
10-23-2003, 01:25 PM
Its been a long time since I have signed up with paypal, but don't you have to have a banking account or a credit card to sign up??

If I were you I would immediately go to paypal and file a complaint. The longer you wait the harder it will be to get your money back. Good luck to you sweetie!!!!

latestdish
10-23-2003, 01:33 PM
You do have to have a banking account, to get money out of your account. That didn't used to be the only way of getting verified when it first started, but it is now. If you put in your credit card, too, then you are given more generous credit limits. I was hesitant to do it for a long time, but found it is actually a secure server. I do have to pay fees on the money that is incoming, but the peace of mind is well worth it. (I have a Premier account.)

AngelGrim
10-23-2003, 02:21 PM
OHHHHHHHHH this sounds BAD you should never send both types of payment and would make sure you get your money back, but that might be something else too. Good luck in this, sounds like you might have to go whoop this person, sounds like she might be doing a lot of lying.

cindylee
10-23-2003, 04:09 PM
I saw that auction too and almost bid on it myself, it just sounded fishy so I didn't. I am sooo sorry for the trouble you are going thru. I would be very upset too.

Explorer 4x4'r
10-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Yes, file a complaint with Paypal immediately!
they only give 30 days from the date of the transaction; after that, too bad.
I learned that myself and was out $33. Maybe if she would have shipped when she was supposed to it would have given time to figure the item was defective.

I would also file a fraud complaint with the postal service for mail fraud.
Keep us updated!

latestdish
10-25-2003, 05:27 PM
I now have a UPS tracking number, and should see a
computer Monday. Will inspect it, and let everyone
knows how it turned out. Thanks for all of everyone's
help! I know for a fact the individual read these
posts, she told me. She is doing the right thing and sending
it. -Joy

Explorer 4x4'r
10-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Great news!
Hope it's everything you expect it to be.
If not, that's still fraud

AngelGrim
10-26-2003, 12:08 PM
I am happy for you, but think we should watch on this seller next time, maybe she learned from this, maybe she had a valid excuse I don't know, but it is touchy.