PDA

View Full Version : New Female Muslims:

momofjohnjr
10-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Email me for the email addy to get a free Islamic Outfit. I don't want to post it just in case others want to order it and don't meet requirements. The group giving them out is not largely funded, they normally sell the stuff. But if you are a woman and Muslim for one year or less they want to send it to you as a gift. email me: momofjohnjr@msn.com

momtofuss
10-24-2003, 07:06 PM
I pmed you thanks

curlymae29
10-25-2003, 05:57 AM
Do you have a pic. I'm not wanting to order one, just curious as to what they look like.

momofjohnjr
10-25-2003, 11:39 AM
The styles appear to vary as some items may be new but donated and another organization is helping to fund the cause. What I got was a hooded dress much like a style from Morocco. It looks like a cape but is a dress. That's how I would describe it. I love the hood. The pictures are copywrighted so I can't copy them. Sorry I can't really explain better then that... Mine was made of a thin material but of dark color so it can't be seen thru. Just a thin almost sheet like material which is nice for hot weather. It also came with a scarf to wear over the hair that matched. It was a light airy material. I am terrible at knowing fabrics..

Anyway here is what the site says for those interested- Please note some of the words are in Arabic, common terms to Islam whether one learns Arabic or not...for instance we say Alhamdulilah which is the equivilant of Hallelujah which means Praise God/Thanks be to God...There is nothing wrong with using english terms but we tend to universally learn some phrases and words so that every Muslim regardless of language can communicate a few basic words:

As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

Welcome to Love Unspoken's New Shahaadah Sadaqa Fund for

Sisters. Let me explain the name Love Unspoken and why it was

chosen for this company. When giving a gift or doing something to

make someone happy it is all done out of Love.

Whether it is for your husband, your children, a friend or a stranger.

It is done out of Love, the same Love that is Unspoken.

Because it is through this gift that you show the Love.

Insha'Allah, we are looking for Sisters who are New Shahaadahs

two years or less so that we may share this Love for the

pleasure of Allah.

So often when a Sister takes her new step into Islam she

is often as naked as the day she was born.

With the help of Allah this company along with The Apple Barrel

would like to help those sisters with their first steps to dressing modest

by giving her a complete attire so that she may cover properly, insha'Allah.

Masha'Allah, we have had a great response to this program from

all over the USA and overseas. Alhamdulillah please keep it coming.

How this works, insha'Allah. Anyone who knows of a New Shahaadah

or the New Shahaadah herself will email their information to our

email address with name, clothing size with length, this is very important.

There are Sisters who have been sending their mailing address without

their clothing size and it is holding up the process of their welcome

package. Please Sisters include all information in your email.

The mailing address where you would like your package sent.

A welcoming package will be mailed to the Sister insha'Allah.

All request will be processed within two weeks or so, insha'Allah.

This fund will only work by email and mail, insha'Allah no phone calls.

For those of you who do not have access to email pass the

information on to someone who does or simply mail a letter to our

mailing address which you will find under our CONTACT US button.

All request will be processed within two weeks or so, insha'Allah.

Please be patience, because of the volume it may take some time to

get to your name on the list. Insha'Allah they are being processed as

first come first serve. Please Sisters make sure we have all your

information to speed the process, insha'Allah.

There have been request to help with the Sadaqa fund, Masha'Allah.

Alhamdulillah for opening up your heart to this cause.

After discussion with the panel the decision has been made.

For security purposes to protect the clients of Love Unspoken

all items donated to the Sadaqa Fund will be shipped from Love Unspoken.

If you would like to donate please email us and we can work out

the how and the when insha'Allah.

Starting in September there will be an extension to this program insha'Allah.

We will be reaching out to the Sisters in Need.

During Ramadan Sisters in need will be able to submit a one page letter

explaining why she is in need. Sisters because of their living

environment are unable to purchase a new Abaya or

Jilbab and have not had anything new

in quite some time will be eligible.

It will later be announced how many will be picked during the

month of Ramadan insha'Allah.

I would like to in the future be able to get to everyone

but at this time resources are limited so this is why it will be done this way.

May Allah Most Merciful Give US The Strength And The Resources To

Continue This Fund And Reward You All For Your

Your Help And Prayers.......Ameen.

momofjohnjr
10-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Did you just want to see Islamic clothing in general...out of curiosity I suppose? If so, I could lead you to a couple of sites...

curlymae29
10-25-2003, 12:21 PM
That would be great momofjohnjr.

All I ever seen is on the news.

I have a beautiful scarf that my sister's sister in law sent me for a wedding present. It is so beautiful. It's white linen with beautiful gold stitching and soft white tassels. I can't even begin to describe how pretty it is. I've never worn it because I'm afraid I'll get it dirty. (I'm a slob) I have always had it laying across a piece of furniture or hanging on the wall. Everyone loves it.

momofjohnjr
10-25-2003, 01:53 PM
This first site I really like... http://www.shukronline.com/womens.html

Here are 3 links from http://www.almuhajabat.com

Abayas:
http://www.almuhajabat.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Almuhajabat&Category_Code=abaya

and Jilbabs:
http://www.almuhajabat.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Almuhajabat&Category_Code=jj

workwear: http://www.almuhajabat.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Almuhajabat&Category_Code=ww

And here is one that lists several sites (They list from various religions on the main page):

http://modestclothes.com/culture/islamic.asp

I haven't bought yet online due to money but someday I hope. I like the pretty abayas. I don't have any pictures of the cultural abays and things likes that but they can be found online. Like the Chadors (Iran?) or the black abayas the Saudis wear....

Have fun looking.

curlymae29
10-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Thank you....these are beautiful. I love the work ware! Wouldn't mind having some myself!

I hope no one takes offense here. But when they show the women on the news, their cloths are so drab.

curlymae29
10-25-2003, 06:02 PM
momofjohnjr

I was looking at the wedding dresses and things. I ran across this.

100% pure, henna or mehndi for your skin or hair
Indian red henna rich with color, directions on the back of packaging.
http://www.almuhajabat.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Almuhajabat&Product_Code=inhenna&Category_Code=weacc

Can you tell me what it is and if it has a special meaning?

PS...please don't think I silly!

momofjohnjr
10-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Just that it is a natural dye and a cultural thing. Henna is encouraged for the women in Hadith (Sayings of and what Mohammad did...) because it's a nice natural dye. In culture in the middle east and Pakistan etc. it's nearly always done for wedding parties and stuff. Many women will draw designs on your hands and feet. The man is supposed to do the designs on the wife which I find pretty funny. I still keep telling mine he is supposed to do that. I don't really like Henna much but the idea sounds fun. ;) Some women love to use it in their hair etc. some think you can only use the natural but most Muslim women feel chemical dyes are just fine. Alot of what we see can be attributed more to culture. The dye is encouraged but back then everything was natural;).

I just looked at the dresses, I think it would be best for a Muslim to have their dress made. I wore a white suit (very long) but I have been married before so it was no big deal to buy an expensive dress. My husband wasn't loaded so I didn't feel I was missing out. I just wanted to marry him;). But these dresses are too plain I think for someone getting married if they can afford a nicer dress. But I sure would love that silk one for $25. That would be nice to wear anywhere, what a cheap price. Reminds me of a Ross price;).

I don't mind questions at all. I love talking about our faith and answering questions, explaining what is part of the faith what is cultural etc. I must say those who love the henna, really love it and those who don't usually don't mess with it...it's something you either like or don't.