PDA

View Full Version : So upsetting...

lisarae
10-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Hubby and I have been in hunt for a home for 2 years now. There was nothing around here that we liked or we could afford. So with the baby coming in December, we've decided to get a new double wide. Ever since we have been married, well since Ive been little, my parents have always said that we could put a modular home on their property. So thats what we wanna do now. WE went and looked at homes, and found one that is absolutely beautiful, and we could afford. We asked what it would take for us to get into that home, to run our credit and get things rolling. WEll she come back and said that we needed 40% down:eek: :eek: Well, that is just crap, I have never heard of anyone wanting that much down. So forget that, we went to go with an independent mortgage places. My dad says he can't deed us the land, only 3/4 of an acre, because he still has the land that he built up for collateral for the home. And it wont be paid for another 2 years. The land is already set up with sewer and water, the only thing that needs done is electric run. So now weve had 4 different places tell us now without a deed in our name, that we have no chance of getting a home without at LEAST 20% down. Even with a co-signer, (not that I wanted to do it, but we have one if we want it)
Does anyone have ANY ideas for us to try? Ive talked to a few people who have double wides on land that isnt theirs, and all they paid were $2000. Which we can do a 5%down, but not 20-40%.

3 of the lenders say that their will be NO PROBLEM if we had the land in our name.

zitra
10-21-2003, 02:05 PM
((((HUGS))))

schsa
10-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Is this a first home? If that is the case check around for any businesses in your area that works with first time home buyers. I bought my home with nothing down. It's three bedrooms and one bath (I'm single so I don't need two). All I needed was $1800 to cover closing costs and all of the little things and I didn't even use half of that.

Don't give up. Someone in your area will finance a home for you, but you have to find the right people. I got my home through NACA but there are other groups out there.

DBackFan
10-21-2003, 03:41 PM
email me with some more pertinent info like how much the home is you want to buy, size, make etc....also what you have to put down. I sell Mobile Homes and get people financing everyday. I can try and help. weluvdbacks@aol.com

mesue
10-21-2003, 03:58 PM
We built on my Moms land and needed a deed a few years before a loan she had secured by putting the property down as collateral, at any rate she had a 2.5 acres and we needed 1 acre deeded to us, I called her bank and explained the situation , he said that the remainder owed on her loan was small and that her property less the one acre we need was more than enogh to cover the loan and gave the o.k. for us to have a deed made, so you might try that it never hurts to ask and since your parents only owe for 2 more years it sounds like they should work with you on this if their reasonable. Good Luck! Also check with your local banks and local government housing programs there are a lot of low interest loans for first time home buyers.

AngelGrim
10-21-2003, 05:25 PM
I hope your able to get things settled before the baby comes, don't know anything else, but just sending you support (((hugs)))

lisarae
10-23-2003, 03:11 PM
WE haven't totally given up on a mobile home yet, but we havent ruled out a house either. We've broadened our search area.

Just send us good vibes, and prayers.

Mami2Cute
10-25-2003, 03:57 PM
**Sending good vibes to you**

I hope you find what your looking for. Hubby and I have been married for 2 years, and before we even said I DO, we had a savings set up as a 'house fund' We try to deposit atleast 100 a month into it, and extra when we can so that by the time he gets out of the army... (which now he says he'd like to re-enlist into the air force) we'd have some kind of finances to help us purchase a small home.

DBackFan
10-25-2003, 04:51 PM
****shrugs shoulders**** I tried to help but you never got ahold of me.

lisarae
10-26-2003, 08:32 AM
Im sorry, I just emailed you DBackfan