PDA

View Full Version : No More Drama, please! Let Him Be O.K.!

trufflez
10-21-2003, 06:00 AM
My hubby has been having some chest pains at work for about the past month. He's the type that keeps stress in. He's been doing the jobs of two men and worried about bills. We thought it was anxiety and he would take a half a Zanax to work with him if he needed it. Saturday a neighbor rented a boom truck to cut down trees in his yard and ours that had damage from a tornado several years ago. My hubby was gonna cut down a smaller tree while he started topping the large trees. B. wasn't able to finish the small tree. His chest began hurting really bad. He sat down and we could all tell he was in distress. After about 20 minutes he got up to try again and had to stop. Our neighbor gave him a nytro. And then another 5 minutes later. He was feeling normal again, but we wouldn't let him continue at all. I took him to the Dr. yesterday and his EKG from 2 years ago and the one they did yesterday were slightly different. Today he gets to go see the Cardiologist. They are going to do a stress test today which may lead into a Cath test later in the week. They also did complete bloodwork.
I have been married to this guy for 24 years. We have went through alot together and he is my true soulmate. We are so scared about this. Our stress level is so high right now. We see ourselves as getting so old. Dealing with this, bill collectors and now he's off work for a week (no pay). I just needed to vent. It's just beginning to be too much. We just need a break, just some peace in our lives. No more drama.

mesue
10-21-2003, 06:04 AM
I'm so sorry, you know I think most of us are hving a hard time with the economy being what it is right but then add sickness on top of that and it is almost too much to bear. Hugs and prayers sent your way. Hope he gets good news soon.

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-21-2003, 06:50 AM
{{{HUGS}}} I hope things get better.And I hope your hubby is ok. Stress is a major factor in illness.

Unicornmom77
10-21-2003, 09:40 AM
praying for you and yours!

schsa
10-21-2003, 02:55 PM
My dad has been through all of this. Chest pains and a heart cath revealed some clogged arteries. He had 5 bypasses done a year ago April. He is more active now than ever. Now if we could convince him to have a knee replacement done, life would be perfect.

Don't drive yourself crazy with worry. These cardiologists are professional plumbers. They know exactly what pipes are having problems and they know how to correct those problems. This is more and more common with less and less complications.

He will be fine. Just keep positive.

jonette5
10-21-2003, 04:00 PM
All my hugs, prayers and good vibes!

AngelGrim
10-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Hugs, and hope all is going better, keep us informed as how you are doing.:)

laughsalot
10-21-2003, 07:47 PM
You and your hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers!

jcw
10-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Will keep you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers.

Jamie67
10-27-2003, 11:46 PM
hope all is well :)

trufflez
10-28-2003, 06:20 AM
All is better now. He had to have a triple bypass on Friday and he is up walking by himself already and may come home either today or tomorrow. Thanks for asking : )

~Roxy~
10-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Glad he is doing well!

intimidator329
10-28-2003, 11:34 AM
{{{hugs}}}

schsa
10-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Amazing isn't it? They can clean a bit here and replace a bit there and it's 5 days in the hospital and home. I was so shocked at how well my father did. He was back on the golf course in about 6 weeks.

Follow all of the instructions about walking every day and building up your strength and he will be just fine. It is truely amazing.

laughsalot
10-28-2003, 04:13 PM
sending big hugs your way! You and your hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers!