PDA

View Full Version : My Parents

cab244
10-19-2003, 03:00 PM
My parents are "involved" in this company that sells life insurance, among other things. They recruited me for their team when my husband and I were seperated a couple of years ago. My dad has MS and was laid off from his job of 30 years a couple of years ago too. He found another job but it pays less than half what he used to make and is doing the insurance thing part-time. my mother just did early retirement from her job of 27 years and is doing the insurance thing full-time. My husband and I have had severe financial issues since we've been married. Partly because he was in the Army and it didn't pay squat. We had barely enough for food, housing(base housing was always unavailable), and utility bills. Anyways, my parents(when they were both working good full-time jobs) helped us out alot financially. Including helping us to purchase two vehicles. The point is we owe them alot of money and are trying to pay them back. especially since their financial situation has drastically changed. My husband pays them a certain amount of our monthly paycheck and I am working for my mother. I really don't think this line of work is for me but I get guilt tripped into staying. I'm going to stay until we pay off our debt and then I'm outta there. I am so tired of hearing about how much we owe them. I love my parents but I REALLY don't want to work for them. I'm really discouraged right now because I have no idea what to do with my life as far as a career. I have been a sahm for 4 years now with my two boys. It has kept me pretty busy but I have been pretty happy. My husband is now on terminal leave from the Army and is currently selling cars. It is commission only(well it has benefits). So now I am worried about how we're going to pay our bills once our Army checks stop coming in. Our last one is in December. He's been there almost 3 weeks and only made 2 sales. The sales team he works for say that is average but if we're going to stay afloat we need better than average. I absolutely refuse to borrow anymore money from my parents.

Unicornmom77
10-19-2003, 07:37 PM
i will pray for you hun! i hope things turn around soon!

AngelGrim
10-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Keep your head up, things will turn around, can't blame you on the not borrowing thing, nothing is worse then borrowing and then feeling bad after, goodluck and hope all goes well.