PDA

View Full Version : My Mom!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggg

Unicornmom77
10-19-2003, 12:58 PM
I am sorry if this offends anyone!!

I AM SO READY FOR MY MOM TO GET THE HE!! OUTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay ITS SUNDAY AND I DONT DO ANYTHING ON SUNDAY!! I clean on satudays and then again after the kids go back to school, well my MOTHER:( has some sort of problem with things being a mess!

She cleaned my kids rooms and made my bed, GEE THANKS!

Well the kids were being to loud and the baby was sleeping so I told me son to go into my room and lay on the bed and I told my 4 yr old to go into her room and shut the door, Well my 4 yr old was making some noise SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY MOM GETS UP OUTA HER ROOM AND GOES INTO MY 4 YR OLDS ROOMAND STARTS YELLING AT HER "GET OFF THAT BED I JUST MADE IT" :STOP MAKING A MESS IN HERE I JUST CLEAND IT" "PUT THOSE TOYS BACK" "I AMNOT PICKING THEM UP AGIAN"

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS SHE SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? NO ONE ASKED YOU TO PICK IT UP!!!!!!! LEAVE IT THERE!!!!!!!!! SHE IS GOING TO GIVE HERSELF A DAMN HEARTATACK BECAUEE SHE DOES ALL THIS "CLEANING" and then gets all upset when the KIDS!! KIDS I SAY! mess it up!!

THEY ARE ONLY KIDS!!!!!!

And the say they hate her all the time and that she is mean!! Well she is!!! She is so mean and hatfull to them!! I CANT HARDLY STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!! Last night Elijah my 6 yr old went to say goodnight to her in her room and the second he opens the door to her room and she sees who it is she starts SCREAMING "GET OUT OF HERE!"

And she makes comments like "ARE THEY EVER GOOD?" "DO THEY KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE?"

I find myself making them sit and be still or go away because of her! I dont want to hear her CRAP!!!!! SHE is always yelling about STOP THAT OR STOP THIS OR GET OUT OR DO THIS!! I AM GOING TO GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THIER MOTHER I WILL HANDLE IT!!!!!!!!!
ALL THE TIME I SAY SHEYANNE CAN YOU DO THIS OR ELIJAH AND 9 times outa 10 she will say YEAH AND THEN CAN YOU... SHUT UP I WILL TELL THEM WHAT TO DO!!

I know you ar thinking TALK TO HER!! I HAVE SHE SAYS "WELL WHAT I AM SUPPOSSED TO DO?" See she worked for 40 yrs and now is disabled and cant work so she "finds" things to do around here, well fine BUT QUIT MAKING MY KIDS ACT LIKE ADULTS THEY ARE KIDS!!!!!!!!!

They are not bad, they are just being kids!!!!! It is alo hard for me because she abandon us when we were little, she left us with our dad. She has never even had kids the same age as my kids are now!

OH yeah and one more thing!! SHE KEEPS FOOD IN HERE ROOM< Like hiding it, like noodle mixes and hamburger helper?!?!?!?! WTF???!!! This is after we told her before we moved in together NO FOOD IN THE BEDROOMS!!!!!!! IT CAUSES BUGS!!!!! AND ITS CRAZY!! We talked to her about it and she has a farking cow!!!!!!!! OHHHH MAN!!!!!!!!!

OMG I know I made no sence at all and you dont have to reply I just HAD TO TELL SOMEONE!!

Thanks for reading!! There is my vent for the week!!

EDITED TO ADD! Dont get me wrong I love my mom, but I want to run my home and so does she. It is hard to live with family! I really do love her and God forgive me for wanting her out! She is used to having her own place and doing things her own way, and I want everything my way! LOL

iowakat
10-19-2003, 01:21 PM
I think you need to talk to your mom again. Explain to her that this is YOUR house and YOUR kids. Tell her you will make the ruls for YOUR kids. She needs to find some interests of her own to occupy her time. I don't know what her limits are but there is surely something she can do. Make HER room off limits to the kids. Have her get (or you buy) a plastic container and keep the food in it. Let her know if she can't cooperate than you're sorry but she will have to find another place to live.

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-19-2003, 02:57 PM
It's that old saying "two women can not share a kitchen" or in your case a house. lol

Who lives with whom? Did she move in with you? Can she move? Give her a hint lol

Sorry it so fustrating for you,it's hard enough with kids let alone a mom.

twinkiesmom
10-19-2003, 04:57 PM
Yep! I hear ya! My mom was the neat freak and we couldn't be kids when we lived in her house. I would remind your mother that this is your house and toys are meant to be played with not stored. I really think she could use a little reminding. And w/the way I am, I'd prolly remind her of where the door is too!! :D:D (don't get me wrong, I'd use tact), but there would be no way that another person that wasn't making the pmts on my house would be telling my kids how and when to play in it.

tsquared
10-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Moved in with my folks for a year when i came back from college and my step mom never was happy with me there....i couldnt do anything right.....so i was glad to get my own place after a year and really debated about not going back over there, but then i realized how it would hurt my dad so i abandoned that idea.... it is tough living with family that.....that is for sure.....

ezmoney163
10-19-2003, 06:17 PM
(((Wendy))))

Love ya my friend!! I feel for you really I do!!!

AngelGrim
10-19-2003, 06:22 PM
ouch!! I hope your able to work things out, is there senior citizen housing there, my mom moved into one and just totally adores it, things are all on one level, there is privacy but yet there are others that keep an eye out for ya to make sure your ok. Just a thought, hugs:)

zitra
10-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Pepsi4me
Wow! Im sorry shes like that.
You took her in after she abandoned the family ? She should be greatful you did that. Tell her to not yell at YOUR children or she can go live elsewhere. I know its hard. Good luck!

I agree

Unicornmom77
10-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks you guys!! and gals!! I knew I could count on you guys for comfort! There is a couple of housing developments she could apply to SO tommorow I am going to call them and have them send her some applications. See the main deal is she has NO INCOME!! She is waiting on her disability!! She is at the lawyer phase now so IT CANNOT BE MUCH LONGER! As soon as she gets it I am going to make sure she knows it is A REALLY GOOD IDEA she get her own place!!

I love having her here because I love my mom, and she does all the dishes!! I HATE DISHES !! I dont mean I dont like to do them I mean I WILL NOT DO THEM UNLESS I ABSOLUTLY HAVE TO!! I CANNOT STAND THEM!! I know thats a silly reason to "keep" her here! But right now she or I don't have any other choice...

Oh and for who ever asked She lives with us! She was in an abusive relationship and killing herself by working beyond her ability and we moved here from OREGON(we drove for 3 days!) to get her and get a house all together! She is my mom and like I said I DO LOVE HER DEARLY! But we dont have the "normal" mother daughter bond because she was an alcohlic all of my childhood! And I didnt even "know" her until i was a mom myself.

Okay enough waaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa! LOL

THANKS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YA'LL!

Nanc952
10-19-2003, 08:25 PM
(((((((hugs)))))))))))) I know it is hard.

I pray I am wrong and I do not know your mother's age but come she have alzheimer's. A neighbor of ours sounds just like your mom she could not stand one little thing out of place and that is what the doctor said was wrong with her.
Now she keeps packing everything the minute the family lays it down.

Unicornmom77
10-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Yes you are partially correct, She has Fibromyelgia(sp) and it cause some forms of dementia! Alot of it is due to her disability and the fact that she has NEVER been a housewife or had to stay at home. She has worked all her life.

I feel bad, but no matter what shape she is in it is hard! hard on all my family!

twinkiesmom
10-19-2003, 08:54 PM
I know Fibromyalgia takes a toll on ppl. Hope you guys can accomplish a happy medium. If your mom hasn't got a court date yet, it still could be a good 6mos or more. My mom's going thru the same and she's been working w/a lawyer for almost a year already. Her court date is next month, I believe. But it's a 2yr process.

hotwheelstx
10-19-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by tsquared
Moved in with my folks for a year when i came back from college and my step mom never was happy with me there....i couldnt do anything right.....so i was glad to get my own place after a year and really debated about not going back over there, but then i realized how it would hurt my dad so i abandoned that idea.... it is tough living with family that.....that is for sure.....

Did the same thing after college. How odd that the "rules" in my mother's house had changed in 4 years. Then, she lived w/me in 98 after her heart attack for 3 months. Love the woman dearly....was so glad when she went back to her house.

I feel for you. It's hard. Do the best you can. However, I would put my foot down a little firmer. It's your home w/your children. NOT HERS. Even now my mother still respects that I've worked to hard/long to have her tell me what's "right/wrong".

Hang in there:) :) :) :) :)

mesue
10-21-2003, 06:40 AM
Caan you apply for her o get some sort of assistance from social services and help getting her own place until her disability comes thorough the reason I am suggesting this is because it can still be a year or 2 or even longer with the lawyer phase, I know my lawyer had mine for almost 2 years and then I had to go to my Senators office for help to investigate why it was taking so long. So please don't put all your hopes into a system that drags on forever take steps to get her out and on her own now so that all of you will be happier. Good Luck!

Unicornmom77
10-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Yeah I am researching her options, I am hoping to find somthing favorable for the both of us. I really love her you guys, it is so hard!!

iluvmybaby
10-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Unicornmom My heart goes out to you because I have been in a similiar situation as you or sorts, when I was still living with my mother we loved each other with all of our hearts but we were always clashing heads over little things, I guess it was because both of us were so independant. When I got married and moved out we became SO much closer, I guess I needed to grow up a little to understand and have my own home and realize that I liked it run a certain way, certain things done in certain order, it doesnt help that my mom is a little obsessive complusive. Dont feel guilty for anything, you just need your space, if you find her something that you will be fufilling your responsability ((as you see it)) and then you both will be happy. If you STILL feel guilty go and see her every day or every other day and make sure she is alright, bring her over cooked meals, etc.

Dolly<3
10-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Unicornmom77
Okay enough waaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa! LOL

LOL Let it all out, Uni!

It would be really hard for me to live w/my mom too. I would in a heart beat if she needed me, but BOY am I glad I have an older sister to take THAT responsibility from me! :D

(((((Uni)))))

Unicornmom77
10-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it! It is hard, a daily struggle, I am trying to find new ways of dealing with it so I wont get so stressed out! LOL Its getting a little better, little by little

Thanks again for your support and kind words!

HaveKids,LostMind
10-24-2003, 07:45 PM
I cant relate. My Mom is more like the child and I'm the parent. She's cool as all he!! and that's great for us.

Of course, she isnt living with me either. No advice, just (((HUGS))).