PDA

View Full Version : Pre? Mid? Post? Tribulation

curlymae29
10-18-2003, 06:41 PM
When do you believe the Rapture will occur?

How soon do you think it will be?

These questions aren't meant to start heated debates. Just wondering who believes what.

MsSaveALot
10-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Well according to JESUS, we are nearing the beginning of the "Labor Pains". HE SAID, HE'S coming back soon. And there have been so many people who have said every turn of the century, "well it's the end JESUS is Coming now" and then another set of years progresses. But then how do we know where we stand some may wanna know. Well JESUS SAID be watching out for lawlessness and love growing cold. Hate increasing and evil things increasing. Well we see that don't we? It's even worse than it has been in a long time. Crime rate is up. People getting snatched and killed. The number of kidnappings is up. So is stealing, adultery, sexual sin and so many other things GOD SAID is wrong. People are sinning and are happy to do it and try their best to convince others to do what they do and that's its ok to do what they do. Well JESUS SAID it's just the beginning of what's in store for this world the worst will be the last 3 1/2 years. Then it's done. Is JESUS returning? Sure HE is! I read HE is just giving people time to repent because HE doesn't want to see anyone perish. But it's sad that people would rather perish than go to Heaven and be Saved. It's their choice. And this is one choice they will have to live with (or die if that's the case).

angelinwaiting
10-18-2003, 08:20 PM
The Bible says that even Jesus knows not the hour or the day but that He will come as a thief in the night and that means it could be any time...as the poster above said, the sins have gotten so numerous and so many people are not really "looking" for Jesus to come again and they are getting caught up in committing sins...All the signs are here for the rapture and IMO it really could be any day now...I would just hate to get left behind cause people haven't seen NOTHING yet as to what is to come during the tribulation:(

Technologist
10-18-2003, 08:29 PM
curlymae29, can I answer?

MsSaveALot
10-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by angelinwaiting
The Bible says that even Jesus knows not the hour or the day but that He will come as a thief in the night and that means it could be any time...as the poster above said, the sins have gotten so numerous and so many people are not really "looking" for Jesus to come again and they are getting caught up in committing sins...All the signs are here for the rapture and IMO it really could be any day now...I would just hate to get left behind cause people haven't seen NOTHING yet as to what is to come during the tribulation:(

And remember, THE WORD says that the wicked themselves will be inflicted with punishment. And this is during the last 3 1/2 years too. They will believe everything is going "they're way" but will find that the same evil they worship, is the same evil that has been instructed to inflict them (Rev 9:3) the locusts that has human faces and power to sting like scorpions and they're king being the destroyer. That's not good for them is it? And Then The Wrath of GOD will be upon them. They'll be getting it even worse. Have you noticed that THE WORD has been right all throughout time. Everything Recorded, has come to pass. This too shall take place. And while we don't know the "day" nor "hour" THE LORD SAID be prepared. Good thing that has been hidden too. Think of all the people that would commit tons of sins up til the last minute and just before JESUS Returns, They'd hurry up and repent.

BeanieLuvR
10-18-2003, 11:23 PM
I think the church will be raptured out Pre-Trib. I know its drawing nearer but have no idea how worse it will get before we are called out.

curlymae29
10-19-2003, 03:42 AM
Sure Tech...go ahead.

I homeschool my youngest and this year in our bible study we are studying end time theories. We've come across some pretty interesting theories.

FBH...Sorry, didn't mean to imply that I wanted anyone to set a date. That would be wrong of me. Let me rephrase that this way.

Do you think the last generation is alive today?

Also another question:

Do you think the anti-christ is alive?

curlymae29
10-19-2003, 05:09 AM
Also if you have heard something that you may or may not believe but would like to share...please do so.

Like I recently read the 7-day theory....

7s are used through out the Bible.
Creation was in 6 days and on the 7th God rested.
The Bible says that a day is like a thousand years to God.
Therefore because there was six days of creation the earth will last 6 days. Using the thousand year day...6000 years and Christ will return. The 7th day will be Christ's reign on earth, 1000 years.
Now according to those who wrote this theory there was approximately 4000 thousand years before the birth of Christ and there has been 2000 since his death. 2000 years from creation to Abraham, 2000 years from Abraham to Christ, 2000 from Christ to now. (2+2+2=6) So we are hitting around 6000 right now and Christ's return is closer than most think.

curlymae29
10-19-2003, 05:20 AM
Then I heard someone on the radio, but didn't catch the whole story. Maybe someone lurking can fill it in for me.

He was using patterns also. The 12 tribes. Each tribe represents 1000 years. So that would put the earthly around 6000 years old and it would be 6000 years before the return of Christ.

Like I said...I only caught the tail end of this theory and it's been a while back. And I'm not the best memory person!!! If someone can correct me on this theory or share some more info, please do.

Willow
10-19-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech please answer. ;)

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Uh Oh.

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Curlymae, the anti christ is in the bottomless pit waiting to trick the wicked right into hell.

Willow
10-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Just who are these wicked people that you speak of?

ginna74
10-19-2003, 04:07 PM
I think the bible did speak something to the effect of not Judging people..... I REALLY get the feeling some think they are on GODS shoulder....and being very "you will burn in H@LL" ish ... those are the people that will go down because they use it like a weapon...... "I know more passages then you there fore I know I am going to heaven" not neccesarily (sp?) anyone here... but just in general... those people will "go down" more then any other usually I think it is on the line of being too proud.... and it takes a lt for those types to come down a peg or too...

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ginna74
I think the bible did speak something to the effect of not Judging people..... I REALLY get the feeling some think they are on GODS shoulder....and being very "you will burn in H@LL" ish ... those are the people that will go down because they use it like a weapon...... "I know more passages then you there fore I know I am going to heaven" not neccesarily (sp?) anyone here... but just in general... those people will "go down" more then any other usually I think it is on the line of being too proud.... and it takes a lt for those types to come down a peg or too...

Hmmmmm that's not what GOD SAID in terms of who's going to Hell or not.

ginna74
10-19-2003, 04:16 PM
exactly :)

Willow
10-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by ginna74

I totally agree! Some think they are houlier than thou also. ;)

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Oh yeah? Well I read that The Lamb's Book of Life has the Names of those who are going to Heaven. Or do you think that's not true?

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Patchouli
I totally agree! Some think they are houlier than thou also. ;)

Oh really who? I thought you didnt like our threads. So why do you stay in them?

Willow
10-19-2003, 04:19 PM
MsSaveAlot do you know the meaning of humble?

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Do you?

ginna74
10-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Oh really who? I thought you didnt like our threads. So why do you stay in them?

who said she didn't like "everyone's" threads? she was agreeing to what I said?? you don't need to take offense :)

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Me offended? Naaaaaaaaah

Willow
10-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by MsSaveALot

I don't like some of your replies and I am trying very hard not to respond to them but it isn't easy.

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 04:42 PM
I don't like some of your replies and I am trying very hard not to respond to them but it isn't easy.

Well you don't have to respond. Do what the mod said and hit the BACK button. It's a wise idea to stay out of threads that offends you. I'm staying in threads that are of my beliefs. Maybe it would be best if you do the same. Just a suggestion not meant to offend.

Willow
10-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by MsSaveALot
Well you don't have to respond. Do what the mod said and hit the BACK button. It's a wise idea to stay out of threads that offends you. I'm staying in threads that are of my beliefs. Maybe it would be best if you do the same. Just a suggestion not meant to offend.

I wish you would do what the mods say too but you don't seem to get it.

ginna74
10-19-2003, 04:53 PM
don't take the bait Patchouli

Technologist
10-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Well, being this was curlymae's thread, and I did ask permission... and it was granted....

I'm confused about the 6,000 or 7,000 years eveyone is talking about. If you look at fossils, on THIS planet, there are signs of animals (and humans are included) that are much older than that.

I realize that our calendar only goes back 2,000 years... and someone said there was "life" prior to that for 6,000 years.

Going back up, where did all those animals come from 200,000 years ago (or more)???

Someone quoted the bible, saying Jesus said "soon"...

but that was 2,000 years ago...

My answer, therefore, has to be that the Rapture will come "never"!

Willow
10-19-2003, 04:58 PM
lol

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 04:58 PM
I wish you would do what the mods say too but you don't seem to get it.

Actually I have and I've extended that advice to you but you seem to think your above the rules here.:confused: Once again, BACK out and then you wouldn't have to worry about my replies.

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Technologist
Well, being this was curlymae's thread, and I did ask permission... and it was granted....

I'm confused about the 6,000 or 7,000 years eveyone is talking about. If you look at fossils, on THIS planet, there are signs of animals (and humans are included) that are much older than that.

I realize that our calendar only goes back 2,000 years... and someone said there was "life" prior to that for 6,000 years.

Going back up, where did all those animals come from 200,000 years ago (or more)???

Someone quoted the bible, saying Jesus said "soon"...

but that was 2,000 years ago...

My answer, therefore, has to be that the Rapture will come "never"! [/B]

Don't know who started that however THE WORD doesn't time stamp the Beginning so to assume would only lead to being inaccurate.

Second JESUS SAID soon because GOD knew that if people knew the exact date, they'd hurry to repent and try to change things around before HE got back. HE created us so HE knows the intentions of every single person. So HIS answer is "Soon" and "HE is giving everyone a chance to repent". Truth.

Technologist
10-19-2003, 05:06 PM
so, "Soon" is a lie (or an exageration??)... meaning "watch out, I said tomorrow, but it could be 4,000 years from now?

If you "don't know" who started whatever, when do you decide that the "TRUTH" starts...

and you never answered my question about the 200,000 year old fossils....

Technologist
10-19-2003, 05:09 PM
My main point is that "I don't care what anyone believes.... just don't TRY and force your belief on EVERYBODY else"...

Patchouli has just as much right to be here as anyone else... she is asking questions, or making statements, NOT DECLARATIONS...

Technologist
10-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Late services, or all day???

Technologist
10-19-2003, 05:28 PM
I'm fine, and you? I'm just wondering how my answers will be received, since we "allowed to speak our beliefs", and mine happen to be "NONE". But I did check first with curlymae... and she said "go ahead"...

But not to go off topic....

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 05:42 PM
so, "Soon" is a lie (or an exageration??)... meaning "watch out, I said tomorrow, but it could be 4,000 years from now?

If you "don't know" who started whatever, when do you decide that the "TRUTH" starts...

and you never answered my question about the 200,000 year old fossils....

Well what do you believe Tech? Do you believe HE is lying and if so, why? Do you believe HE even existed? And I don't decide anything. GOD does. I go by what HE SAID. And hey, if you don't believe HIM, that's your choice. But we'll find out "Soon" enough won't we?:D

As for the fossils. I don't go by what man says. Machines and data have always proven at one time or another to be inaccurate. Humans make mistakes in those areas. GOD does not error. Statistics and "studies show" just to show us, they made a mistake. So if you rely on Science, that's your choice. I'll wait for an answer from GOD when HE decided I should have one. So Do you believe anything HE SAID?

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 05:43 PM
My main point is that "I don't care what anyone believes.... just don't TRY and force your belief on EVERYBODY else"...

Patchouli has just as much right to be here as anyone else... she is asking questions, or making statements, NOT DECLARATIONS...

lolololol well she DECLARED she don't like my posts but she keeps responding to me.:confused:

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 05:44 PM
I'm fine, and you? I'm just wondering how my answers will be received, since we "allowed to speak our beliefs", and mine happen to be "NONE". But I did check first with curlymae... and she said "go ahead"...

But not to go off topic....

Oh I see that now. You don't believe anything. Ok that explains it.

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
Tech, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to speak your beliefs or lack of them, just like the rest of us. I don't have a problem with you doing that. :)

Me neither. I welcome debates. Doesn't bother me at all. I never pretend to know everything. I don't know everything but I do know what GOD SAID.

Technologist
10-19-2003, 05:51 PM
First off, it's "He", not "HE" and "God", not "GOD" for the followers...

I choose to write in small letters', because I do not believe...as I've already said.

As far as he (him) lying, I don't think it is a lie... I believe that the statements made were a collection of stories, written by men, to explain (what was to them) the unexplainable.

but before I answer anymore of YOUR questions.... you can't say that fossils are wrong... can you? the same science that cures MAJOR illnesses, that people died from 50 or 100 years ago, are minor today. and the science that cured them are wrong about how old the fossils are???

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 06:04 PM
First off, it's "He", not "HE" and "God", not "GOD" for the followers...

I choose to write in small letters', because I do not believe...as I've already said.

As far as he (him) lying, I don't think it is a lie... I believe that the statements made were a collection of stories, written by men, to explain (what was to them) the unexplainable.

but before I answer anymore of YOUR questions.... you can't say that fossils are wrong... can you? the same science that cures MAJOR illnesses, that people died from 50 or 100 years ago, are minor today. and the science that cured them are wrong about how old the fossils are???

Well for me it is HE and GOD because I do believe and follow HIM.

GOD SAID HE is THE WORD.

How long does it take "Science" to heal people? Well let's see GOD can if HE chooses, Instant heals. Science "We need money to research these diseases and try to cure them". (GOD doesn't need money nor spend HIS time "researching" why people are sick). Why not go to GOD for healing? Yes Science has been proven wrong and if you say otherwise, then it is a major contradiction. Humans are always going back and correcting themselves or you don't agree so then (Yes that Science can be proven wrong and said wrong)? So now will you answer my questions. Where do you believe you came from (besides your mother's womb)? Where did human life start. Certainly not with a Big Bang.

So you believe HE is coming back then?

angelinwaiting
10-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Wow.. I leave my computer for a while to go to church, and I miss it all. :D

I think I have missed it all too...I am staying out of here though, since I done replied what I think;) {{{{FBH}}}}

Technologist
10-19-2003, 06:21 PM
For me, the "Big Bang" makes more sense then the "Big Book", so yes, I guess I am an evolutionist, in addition to being an atheist.

I can scientificly prove the beginning of human life, back to several millsecond after the big bang. Rather than people 2 thousand or so years ago, who wrote "stories", to make up things to explain why they were there....

However, our science and understanding is limited, but advancing everyday. 100 years ago, people could not explain how the sun worked... and now, we have quantum physics, wich allow us to use the same forces, to make our lives better... Had they given up, and decided it was "god's will", then we wouldn't have nuclear power, MRI's, an radiologic treatment for cancer, etc...

I might not see the answer before I die, but I won't "make up" a story, to tell my offspring, in order to make them feel better, as to where we came from, and where we are going...

So therefore, my answer about the rapture is never.... you can't give an "end date" for a fable. We (humans (and all life on earth)) will be here until we all kill each other off, or the sun burns out (which won't be for MILLIONS of years)... NOT SOON!

angelinwaiting
10-19-2003, 06:29 PM
((((angelinwaiting)))) You can sit in the corner with me and watch :D

LOL....going to the corner with you right now:p

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 06:32 PM
For me, the "Big Bang" makes more sense then the "Big Book", so yes, I guess I am an evolutionist, in addition to being an atheist.

I can scientificly prove the beginning of human life, back to several millsecond after the big bang. Rather than people 2 thousand or so years ago, who wrote "stories", to make up things to explain why they were there....

Prove it. I guess in order to prove these things, you'll have to do the actual research yourself then. Well I didn't know I was dealing with a Scientist (that explains your fascination with Science.) However once again, your not in the position to Time Stamp our planet. Even with all the fancy machines in the world, THE LORD still manages to throw you "off".

[q]However, our science and understanding is limited, but advancing everyday. 100 years ago, people could not explain how the sun worked... and now, we have quantum physics, wich allow us to use the same forces, to make our lives better... Had they given up, and decided it was "god's will", then we wouldn't have nuclear power, MRI's, an radiologic treatment for cancer, etc...[/quote]

There is the boldest in (bold print only) statement you've made IMO.

Oh and don't forget! Man wouldn't have had to drop bombs on people, killing millions including little children at the will of man themselves. Oh yes and all the mistakes doctors made. Leaving surgical instruments inside people. Accidently cutting the wrong body part. Giving too much Medication or too little. Talk about human error in "healing".

[q]
I might not see the answer before I die, but I won't "make up" a story, to tell my offspring, in order to make them feel better, as to where we came from, and where we are going...[/quote]

THE WORD is a Record not a story. Since you don't believe, you wouldn't know that.

[q]
So therefore, my answer about the rapture is never.... you can't give an "end date" for a fable. We (humans (and all life on earth)) will be here until we all kill each other off, or the sun burns out (which won't be for MILLIONS of years)... NOT SOON! [/B][/QUOTE]

Prove it's a fable. GOD proved time and time again, what HE SAID is TRUTH. I don't understand how many spends so much time trying to disprove HIM when they can't. Never could. So again, "soon" is sooner than you think and since you don't believe. Your eyes aren't open to what we see. But like I posted, we'll find out "Soon" enough won't we?

curlymae29
10-19-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech....What about global warming? Do you feel that it will cause an end to the earth? That seems to be the thing right now...although for those old enough...it wasn't very long ago they were worried about another ice age. I thinking it was the early 70's but could have been the late 60's. They were teaching it in our schools. I was young, but I remember it well because it scared me.

Patch....what do the pagans believe? Do they believe the earth will come to an end and if so, then what?

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 06:45 PM
I remember that. The world would get cold again they say. Hmm but didn't Science now say that the earth is warming instead of cooling? or am I wrong Tech? Which is it? Hot or Cold?

curlymae29
10-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Here's another theory we've recently ran across.

In the time of Noah the sons of God married the daughters of man

Genesis 6:2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

The sons of God are the angels and they married earthly women. Their offspring wasn't of God, therefore another race. This race was wicked, so God destroyed the earth with a flood.

In Dec. of 2000 (Don't hold me to that date!) scientist announced the ability and desire to create life through cloning. This cloning is creating another race not of God. So God will destory the earth very soon because of man arrogance in trying to create life.

Njean31
10-19-2003, 06:54 PM
i've offered this website before and nobody every came back saying they checked it out. tech, it answers alot of the very questions you have scientifically. it is http://answersingenesis.org/
once at the website, you need to go to the tab at the top that says Q&A. it answers everything from fossils, timelines, dinosaurs, etc. somebody tell me please that they have atleast checked it out. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE. oh, and thank you.

it debates evolution vs creation, scientifically. IT IS GREAT

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Cloning is wrong yes curlymae. Good observation!

Cessie
10-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Technologist

More than you ever wanted to know about the 6000 year theory
http://www.drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=articles&specific=2

but it will answer your questions about how it was arrived at :rolleyes: Not all creationists believe this guy, in fact many of the leaders have denounced dr dino but he does have a following.

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 07:02 PM
I've looked at some of it njean. the part about Creation in Q&A. To me, I see that people seem to have their own understanding as to how things were Created and when instead of letting GOD teach them. That's why there are so many theories instead of Truth. Everyone can't be right? Right?

MsSaveALot
10-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Well I've enjoyed this debate Tech but I see neither of our minds will be changed. So have a good night.

curlymae29
10-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Njean31

Oh yes. I have been there many many times. I really love Ken Ham!!!! I also watch the Creation Discoveries on Sky Angel. I used both it and the website in our science and bible studies in homeschooling!

Really great site. Check it out.

curlymae29
10-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Thanks Cessie

That site is new to me! Took a quick look but look forward to looking it over better.

Thanks again.

Njean31
10-19-2003, 07:29 PM
thanks curlymae

fidellma
10-20-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm pre trib. Answer to second question, not soon enough for me.:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is gaire cabhair Dé ná an doras.
God's help is nearer than the door.