PDA

View Full Version : someone please tell me

mesue
10-18-2003, 02:20 PM
what is wrong with me, for the past two weeks I have been sleeping 16-20 hrs a day, I can't stay awake no matter how much I try I yawn constantly and just feel weak also I have a dull ache around the sides of my temples. I'm also nauseated. I've been drinking coffee trying to stay awake but that only makes my nausea worse. Anybody know what these weird symptoms could be, I have not fallen or done anythng any different than usual, I'm just so sleepy all the time, I know its late fall but hibernation is not something humans do.

gobs101
10-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Maybe you need to get your Thyroid checked by the sounds of this. Good luck!

Soldierwif
10-18-2003, 02:58 PM
You may need to be checked out by your family Doctor. Just by what you mentioned it could be all sorts of things.

mesue
10-18-2003, 03:07 PM
I just got my thyroid checked about 3 months ago I have always had hypothyroidism and am currently on 200mcg of synthyroid and 150 mg. of effexor and have been taking my meds on schedule. Thanks!

annie169
10-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Possibly diabetes??? I know that was 1 major symptom my mom mentioned when I was diagnosed in high school. TG, we got it under control and I've never tested positive since...even thru pregnancy

AngelGrim
10-18-2003, 06:32 PM
a friend says to check and make sure your not pregnant, lol she had these symptoms so just a thought

sarahur
10-18-2003, 06:43 PM
thats how i was the first 3 months when i was having my first son , i could not sleep enough and had know desire to do anything not even eat really. the only time i was awake was if my husband was home and then i had to force myself to stay awake , you might want to think back it could be a baby .

Unicornmom77
10-18-2003, 08:29 PM
I am sorry you are so tired hun!! WAKE UP! LOL

I would say go to the DR! Or atleast call and speak to a nurse!

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-18-2003, 08:42 PM
sshhhh!she's sleeping :)

Not to frighten you but,I would check for diabetes,my father has this and sleeping all the time was a first symptom. Call your doctor on Monday,and Keep us updated.

Unicornmom77
10-18-2003, 09:18 PM
OR YOU COULD BE RELATED TO MY HUSBAND!! There are several ppl in his family that live like this all the time, my hubby if left to sleep could do so for a very long time! His cousin one of my very good friends sleeps atleast 10-12 hrs ALL THE TIME and at one time when she was having a hard time with alot of things she was sleeping 20 hrs a night sometimes! It may be a sign of depression or somthing like that!

I will pray for you hun! I hope you feel better soon!

mesue
10-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Well I'm definitely not pregnant, I had my tubes tied years ago, I am one of those people that sleep 10-12 hrs on a normal basis, I think thats related to my sleep apnea, thyroid problems and depression, I'm overweight so the diabetes is a possibility though it does not run in my family history. I seem to be pulling out of this a little bit but will go to the dr. if I can get an appointment soon, some the headache is fading and I stayed awaked the whole day and did not pass out until 9:30pm. so the prayers are helping, thank you all.

Willow
10-19-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by mesue
I just got my thyroid checked about 3 months ago I have always had hypothyroidism and am currently on 200mcg of synthyroid and 150 mg. of effexor and have been taking my meds on schedule. Thanks!

Maybe you need need the dosage increased. I have a friend who has trouble with her thyroid. She told me that her levels got so low that she could hardly stand up. Her husband took her to the hospital because she was so bad. It took a while for it to get adjusted. For a while it was too high and her eyes were bulging out. She really has to be careful with it.

MySonNick1
10-19-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by mesue
Well I'm definitely not pregnant, I had my tubes tied years ago, I am one of those people that sleep 10-12 hrs on a normal basis, I think thats related to my sleep apnea, thyroid problems and depression, I'm overweight so the diabetes is a possibility though it does not run in my family history. I seem to be pulling out of this a little bit but will go to the dr. if I can get an appointment soon, some the headache is fading and I stayed awaked the whole day and did not pass out until 9:30pm. so the prayers are helping, thank you all.

You can still get pregnant even if you have had your tubes tied. I don't think it is very common, but it has happened.

schsa
10-19-2003, 10:44 AM
I take twice as much Effexor as you do and I sleep alot. How long have you been taking Effexor? Do you take it in the morning or night? In order for me to stay awake during the day I have to take it at night. But I also know that I get a second wind about 3 in the afternoon. I think it must start to wear off at that time.

Left to my own devices I could sleep about 15 hours a day. I sleep about 10 hours at night and on my day off I take a nap in the morning and in the afternoon and I don't have a problem sleeping at night.

ckerr4
10-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Could you be having minor migraines in connection with something else? I say minor because of the dull ache - many migraines will develop into more than a dull ache, but not all, of course. ALso, I say in connection with something else, because sleeping is usually used to help you feel better, rather than as a symptom.

However, yawning is often a symptom or indicator of a migraine, so that might be a possibility. Naseua is also a symptom, and adding excess caffeine can make the problem worse.

I hope you can get into your doctor and get the mystery cleared up.

mikang
10-20-2003, 03:40 AM
mesue,
I was feeling just like you are. I just had my thyroid taken out about 2 months ago and I've been on synthroid for a month. Well, I couldn't get enough sleep and I had no energy. When I was awake I could'nt hardly hold my head up. If I walked to the kitchen I had to sit down before I could get back to the bed. My husband took me to the doctor Friday and my blood test showed one of my thyroid levels to be 43.585 when it was supposed to be 0.421! My doctor almost swallowed his teeth! lol! He said he didn't know how I was able to walk into the office. If you have thyroid problems already you probably need to have it checked again. My doctor upped my synthroid and also gave me another med that boosts the synthroid to make it work faster. I've taken 3 doses of it and I'm already feeling a lot better. I'm able to get back on the computer which I haven't even had the desire to do. When I can't get on the computer my hubby knows something is wrong with me! lol! I hope you get to feeling better. Keep us updated!

LadyBones
10-20-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by cleencolla
These were my symptoms too except i also had a sore throat
Guess what?.....Dont laugh....Mononucleousis.....yes that MONO
Carmen

I had those same symptoms also!!!! and yes it was MONO for me!!!! I did'nt have the sore throat, but i had a low grade fever for about 6 months, and slept forever...lol

zitra
10-20-2003, 05:03 PM
I can relate to the sleepiness, and nausea..it ended up being anemia (for the sleepiness), and every morning I would feel nauseas, due to acid reflux/gerd got better once I started taking prevacid for the heartburn/nausea, and iron pills for the anemia/tiredness.

atag71
10-20-2003, 07:35 PM
i would get your thyroid rechecked. Sounds like it may be the culprit and you can't be too careful.

I was once on 600mg of Effexor a day plus Lithium(both for depression) plus something for my insomnia.