PDA

View Full Version : my life today is a big vent

tigerskiss1963
10-18-2003, 01:07 PM
hi all
i dont like to vent about any thing much so i will try and make this short.

my DH paid the credit card bill by phone with a check
he told the credit card company he will be paying 80.00
the agreed well guess wht happend the credit card company took
259.00 not the 80.00 they agreed to.
so now we have no money for 2 weeks and we are running out of food
my mil gave us dinner 2 X but said she cant keep doing this.
well my main worry is not but my 2 kids.
my dd needs to have some thing for school lunch we nothing left.
i asked her school if they could give a few free lunches and we would pay for them when my DH gets paid again.
the school said that it up to the lunch company so they gave me
the number i called and told them our problem they said sorry
but we can not give lunches for free.
after that i told them they would be getting there money in 2 weeks
they just said sorry but we cant help you.
my crappy day does end there my DH and got into huge fight about all of this he called me a stuid ass *****.
Some he has never said to me then he say why dont you get a job.
i told him if i do i will need help with my DD until i get home from school.
he said your lazy i cant take this any more
thanks for listening to my petty vent:(
i will go hide my face and cry

schsa
10-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Call the local churches and find out where you food bank is and then go get something to eat. That's what food banks are all about. You should also contact your local Salvation Army and your local Goodwill. Both of these organizations will help you out.

One thing about the country is that we have food. Make some calls and see what you can get. Food banks work differently but they should allow you to get enough food to get you through the next two weeks.

Check this site out:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikeswayze/commres.html

momfromTN
10-18-2003, 02:11 PM
He called you vile names and called you lazy? HOW are you lazy? I don't get it. DH needs smacked, badly. Is he often abusive like this? Blaming you for everything gone badly? I would consider counseling, if I were you. Even if you got a job, it would not pay you immediately. He is being really immature and such an example for your children. And actually, if someone in my family didn't have any food, I would give them what I could and help them get food. Your MIL sounds like a real winner too. Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. She would rather your kids go hungry. Hmmm. Caring grandma, that one.

Just a last resort. Could you use the credit card to pay for food? Sorry if that is a dumb question, and I normally wouldn't suggest it, but I was just curious.

I would also call the bank and stop payment on that check PRONTO. You did not authorize that much to be taken and so they have STOLEN money from you.

tigerskiss1963
10-18-2003, 02:25 PM
hi thanks for the links
no i cant use the credit card because its over it its limit
and we are trying to get rid of that card the fees are killing us.
i get blamed for that too.
iam not lazy i try to do things around the house i would get a job but there is no one for DD when she gets home from school my son is 14 but they fight so much that would not leave them togther for long.
i have been trying. now all i hear is get a job
you just stay home i dont know why does and says those nasty things to me.
he normaly never says stuff like that to me.
but he has been acting very rude with me and some times my son my calls him names back it gets realy ugly some times he has never hit me
if did my brother would have shot him already.
but i just feel a little better knowing some one cares to all my bbs sisters thanks

ttistin
10-18-2003, 03:10 PM
I agree with another poster, call the bank and put a stop on the check, you did not agree to that amount and they had NO right to take it. You agreed to a certian amount so you would have money to go out and get food for your family. Call the bank and see what they can do to help you out on this.

{this is one reason why we dont have a checking account anymore}

Also call the county or local churches or anyone else you can think of. I know it is embarassing{sp} and all to do that, but it is for food for your kids. Think of it that way. I know I would go through and do anything for my kids and I am sure you are the same way, You do have the inner strenght to do it. :)

As for your dh, go on strike with anything that has to do with him. Dont do his clothes, his cooking, dont pick up after him, heck dont even talk to him. He will learn that you are a woman and he can not treat you that way. :) {plus you could always go grab a skillet and smack him one;) }

Good Luck

iluvmybaby
10-18-2003, 03:14 PM
tigerskiss1963, what your husband is doing to you is called mental abuse, calling you names and making you feel like you are worthless and that you dont do anything. I advise you to think about what people are saying seriousily because emotional abuse usually leads to physical abuse. Check out this website: Abuse 101

http://abuse101.com/emotionalabuse.html

Sending hugs and positive energy, I have been there and done that, if you ever need to talk PM me and I will hook you up with my email address,

dena_darling
10-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Hey. This happened to me but it was a different company.
I had authorized them to take out of my checking acct $40 a week.
Well they took $160 twice. I called them and complained but they
did not offer to put the money back. So, I called the bank and
explained to them what happened. They put the money back into my
acct. But the bad part was that I had authorized them to use
checks #'s 1013-1017. Well the bank & that company had told me to
put stop payments on those check numbers. So i did. Well that
company made up a different check number to get another $160 out
of my acct. It was check #7777. I did not even have checks up
that high. So i had to close that acct and reopen a new acct.
You might want to think of doing that too.

Good luck to you and don't let dh drag you down and make you
feel bad. You did nothing wrong and he is just taking out his
anger on you. Hugs.

momfromTN
10-18-2003, 04:49 PM
I let very FEW things ever be automatically taken from my checking account. Mainly our life insurance payments. Thats about it.

AngelGrim
10-18-2003, 06:36 PM
I agree check with the churches and such, MIL sounds like mine, makes you wanna choke, good luck

tsquared
10-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Give me the phone number to the credit card company and well go round....i deal with this often and everyone wants to take everyone. I hate people that sit behind a desk and think that they have the power to ruin peoples lives......find out where the food bank is and call them up or go to it......most every town has one......

tigerskiss1963
10-18-2003, 07:02 PM
hi T
i have been calling people i called my church they sent me some stuff
also the credit card company that gave us the royal screw
are giving us a hard time so on monday my husband is calling the bank
mabe they can put a flame under the ass of credit card company.
Thank for being my online brother T

DBackFan
10-18-2003, 07:07 PM
(((Theresa)))) Let me know if I can help sweetie. You know I am your friend. :) Take the advice you have been given here already.

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-18-2003, 07:38 PM
Theresa, I hope things get better for you.

Can you apply for free or reduced lunches at your children's school?I know here you can any time.

{{HUGS}}

Unicornmom77
10-18-2003, 08:27 PM
I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time hun! You have gotten alot of great advice here so far!

Last year we had a prob with school lunch application and for some reason they discontinued my kids's free lunches, they NEVER LET THEM GO WITHOUT! I would hope and pray that the school would feed her w/ or w/o any $$! The kids's school sent nasty letters home after about one week, I didnt even know until then! But I am sure if DD went to school they would feed her hun!

If you need anything ANYTHING AT ALL Dont be afraid to PM me or email me I will do all I can to help!

You will get through this hun!

tigerskiss1963
10-19-2003, 07:13 AM
hi all my bbs sisters
well i had some good luck for dd luch money
my mom sent me lunch for my DD for 2 weeks
my is on a fixed income she does not have much but she did send some thing for her baby has calls her. she lives in florida.

Dolly<3
10-19-2003, 08:20 AM
((((tigerskiss)))) I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. When this is all over, you need to talk to your husband. I know he's stressed right now, but he can't take it out on you or your son.