PDA

View Full Version : Why Christians want to see people converted...

jdglmg
10-17-2003, 10:28 PM
As a Christian, I believe the Bible to be completely true, being inspired by God. According to the Bible, Jesus is God's Son whom God sent to be our Saviour and to give us an example of how we are to live. Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus also said in Matthew 28:19, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." So for me, sharing my faith with others is both an act of love for others and an act of obedience to God. If I truly love another person and I truly believe the Bible then I have no choice but to share the message of Christ with them. If I do not share, then I am indicating that I do not care if they spend eternity separated from God, which is the fate (according to the Bible) of anyone who rejects Christ. So it is not to be superior or indicate that my way is better than someone else's way, but it is to say that God's way is the only way.

I am not sharing this in an attempt to offend anyone, but to try to share why Christians feel such a strong desire to see people converted.

curlymae29
10-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Beautifully said jdglmg

Merry99%
10-17-2003, 11:43 PM
I am so glad you made this thread,I feel like people so misunderstand why a christian witnesses,and is compelled to lead others to Christ's way.It seems they take it as a personal attack instead of an act of love.This is confusing to me when what they believe is suppose to also be based on love and doing no harm.Not personal to anyone,just overall observation of the world.
I was just reading rev 22 and its a good example of how God wants us to believe,and if anyone wants respect to do their own thing,and go their different paths,christians should be comforted in knowing,we did share the word and we do not have to keep contact with that person who choses anti-christ ways,that its afterall between them and God at the end.

10 Then he told me, Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near.
11 Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy.
Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
15 Outside are the dogs, those who practise magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practises falsehood.
16 I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.

Had to add,Christians do not dislike dogs(animals) LOL Verse 15 it says "Outside are the dogs" dogs meaning male prostitutes,or sodomite.

MsSaveALot
10-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Merry99%
I am so glad you made this thread,I feel like people so misunderstand why a christian witnesses,and is compelled to lead others to Christ's way.It seems they take it as a personal attack instead of an act of love.This is confusing to me when what they believe is suppose to also be based on love and doing no harm.Not personal to anyone,just overall observation of the world.
I was just reading rev 22 and its a good example of how God wants us to believe,and if anyone wants respect to do their own thing,and go their different paths,christians should be comforted in knowing,we did share the word and we do not have to keep contact with that person who choses anti-christ ways,that its afterall between them and God at the end.

10 Then he told me, Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near.
11 Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy.
Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
15 Outside are the dogs, those who practise magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practises falsehood.
16 I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.

Had to add,Christians do not dislike dogs(animals) LOL Verse 15 it says "Outside are the dogs" dogs meaning male prostitutes,or sodomite.

Yes Yes! Parables are important (Just like the one you quoted about the dogs). Parables are to keep wicked people from understanding. See there are those who will read THE WORD and try to trick you because they can "quote" but thay always end up speaking aganist what GOD SAID and they don't even understand what they quoted. That's how you spot the "Broad of Snakes" (remember the pharassies). That's how GOD reveals the true intentions of those who try to trick you.

And I love the above that you poster, quoted. What JESUS SAID , don't keep your mouth shut about The Gospel. It's very important. Also I believe some people just say what they say, because they simply don't want to accept what GOD SAID. They want to continue to do bad things and not try. It's not about being perfect because with our flesh, and the principalities and powers working aganist us, we end up making mistakes (GOD makes it clear the battle is HIS). The thing people fail to see is, they just have to repent. Don't walk away when you trip or fall, get back up and repent.:)

BeanieLuvR
10-18-2003, 11:15 PM
jdglmg, what you said is so true. Thanks!!! :)

Unicornmom77
10-19-2003, 01:44 PM
I feel the need to share the gospel and have ppl follow our Lord because I see thier needs and hurt. I know what he has done in my life and I want them to have the same happiness and joy!

And what you all said was AWSOME!! thanks for sharing

momofjohnjr
10-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Muslims witness as well but it is much more by actions speak louder then words, being available for questions, sharing stories etc. and it seems to be quite effective. I prefered this method when I was a Christian as well.
My husband likes to invite the Mormans and Jehovahs Witnesses inside the house though.. ha ha... I'm not keen on that approach! ;)

AngelGrim
10-21-2003, 05:58 PM
:) Just saying "AMEN"

Merry99%
01-15-2004, 01:31 AM
A goodnight yall bump:)

Unicornmom77
01-16-2004, 01:49 AM
Bump

curlymae29
01-17-2004, 08:26 PM
bumping again.

Mom2jal
01-17-2004, 08:58 PM
There really is no need to keep bumping threads to the top with one word replies. All it does is prevent newer posts from being seen and fills the board with basically dead topics where there is no ongoing discussion. In the future such threads will be locked.