PDA

View Full Version : Help for Sinus's, puhlease

chort1313
10-17-2003, 10:38 AM
I have been fighting this sinus cold/infection for a few weeks and I can't get rid of it. I sleep with humidifiers and it makes my head feel great when I wake up and I have been stuffed up any more, but I still get sinus headaches thru out the day. I take a sinus pill for my headaches and face aches when i have them... been taking vitamin C's.....any advice? Please? No, I haven't been to a doctor, trying to stay away!!!!

cch
10-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Eat a tablespoon or two of fresh honey. You can usually get it from a farmers market if you don't know anyone who raises bees.

Dolly<3
10-17-2003, 12:18 PM
What about strong mints and gums? They have some really STRONG gum, but I forgot the name of it. It was so strong I had to take it out, but it cleared my sinuses up right away! The chewing might help too.

Edit: I found it. It's Dentyne Ice Artic chill. Chew a bunch at a time. When my sinuses hurt, my teeth hurt too and it really helps.

gemini26
10-17-2003, 12:39 PM
I have no idea but I just wanted to welcome you back!!1 {{{Chort}}}

tina z
10-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Run hot water into a sink and drape a towel, or sweater or jacket over your head while you lean over the sink.

Use some saline sinus spray for only a few days and only as directed on the bottle.

Eat the spiciest food you can stand. Homemeade super hot salsa helps here. :)

Make an appointment with your doctor! (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

chort1313
10-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions and hugs! I'll have to try to get that gum, amanda! Ok Ok, If it's not gone by the end of next week, I'm going to the doc! Thanks everyone! ((()))

chort1313
10-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
I'll go if you go...I've been struggling with my sinuses for a month now. it's a deal!!!! I'll let ya know!:D

nightrider127
10-17-2003, 06:42 PM
You need to go to the doctor and get antibiotics.

Just something to think about----Last year, my sinus infection prone husband took a flu shot He didn't have a sinus infection all winter. I don't know if the flu shot helped him out or not. All I know is he usually has several bad sinus infections several times a year and last winter he had none. He had not been taking the flu shot.

tina z
10-29-2003, 07:31 AM
How are you feeling?