PDA

View Full Version : Its Past Time To Bring Our Boys Home!!!!!!!!

gobs101
10-16-2003, 05:11 PM
I couldn't agree more! Not only is the sucide rates up but the divorce rates are skyrocketing with this deployment. Families are being torn apart.

justme23
10-16-2003, 05:44 PM
I disagree. Now I realize in saying this that I am opening myself up to more flames than I could ever possibly want and I am totally sympathetic to these suicides and Iraqi caused deaths. I also totally understand situations where a particular soldier should be brought home temporarily (I think mesues son in law is the one that was posted about).

HOWEVER... Whether our service men asked to or not, Bush did declare war on this country, and we virtually destroyed large portions of it. We have to be there to clean it up. Nobody can say that I only feel this way because I do not have family over there and I do not understand how it feels to have someone deployed... it's not true. My uncle is there... and will be there for atleast 9 more months, if not longer. He is part of the 'clean up' crews. They have put alot of effort in to their work and are seeing great changes every day. They also see how much nicer a vast majority of the country is now that they believe they are totally free. It would be unfair for us to destroy their country when they had no more fault in our attacking than our own service men and women did. It upsets me a great deal to see articles such as this... not only because it's happening but because things like this are all we hear. The bad. The media really needs to show the difference over there and quit dwelling on just the bad. At any rate, if we did destroy it and then just packed our bags and left, there would be a world wide outcry and we would be seen as horrible selfish uncaring and destructive ppl. So I feel we are doing the right thing by staying there and helping them set up their own government and cleaning/repairing what we tore up. I know you will all disagree w/ me and I am prepared to be screamed at... but this is how I feel... and I would not feel this way if it weren't for all the emails my Uncle sends our family. I would have only the media to rely on and would want them home just as bad as eveyrone else, but as long as he keeps sending positive emails about the stuff that's going on over there, I will continue to feel we are doing the right thing by being there.

momfromTN
10-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Good old media, showing only one side of things, like usual. We just had a guy we know from church who just came back. He says the news reports just do not show the whole story.

HumNbirdMO
10-16-2003, 06:52 PM
I agree MomfromTN...my hubby says the EXACT same thing. And I figure since he is actually there (in Iraq) and sees what is going on that I will definetly believe him over Dan, Tom and Peter any day of the week. God forbid they actually tell the stories about all the good things that are happening there, oh no, wouldn't get the ratings to tell those stories now would it?? UGH!!!

I too am sorry to hear about the suicides, it is very sad, but IMO there is more to the story (as usual) than the media is telling.

BTW Justme23, I totally agree with you too....about the troops staying. The kids and I miss him terribly and want my hubby/their daddy home more than anything in the world, but he has a job to do and until they tell him he is finished, that is where he will stay.

Shancopp
10-16-2003, 07:09 PM
I totally agree Justme! I'm sure it is very hard to be there, away from your family... Thank God my husband is the type of person who can adapt and stay positive in most all situations. That is what helped him. Other soldiers have told me that my dh is who lots of soldiers would come to for a pep talk/shoulder to cry on or to get their heads on strait. But many soldiers' wives left them or cheated...lots lost homes/businesses/money. There are many reasons, I suppose for the way they feel over there, not just because of the living conditions, etc. I know what they did over there was worthwhile when I see the pix my dh and others took of the people and especially children, hugging, smiling and giving our soldiers "thumbs up" for changing their lives for the better. God bless them!

justinenycole26
10-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by justme23
Whether our service men asked to or not, Bush did declare war on this country, and we virtually destroyed large portions of it. We have to be there to clean it up. It would be unfair for us to destroy their country when they had no more fault in our attacking than our own service men and women did.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Let's go blow s**t up so we can spend millions of dollars to fix it. Makes perfect sense to me. We are still paying war reparations to Germany from World War freaking 2! What exactly are we telling these countries? If you mess up, we're gonna blow the he!! out of your country, then we're gonna spend billions to make it way better than it was before. :rolleyes:

AngelGrim
10-16-2003, 08:48 PM
I went to buy flooring wood at the lumber yard in Mercer MO and they said sorry our best wood was bought up to send to Iraq, you will have to use this cheaper partical board or do without, I was angry, why couldnt' they use the cheaper stuff over there, and how come the countries that are involved with destroying our property don't have to help us clean up-World Trade Center, Pentagon, and so on, sorry jmo I think our guys need to come home.

schsa
10-17-2003, 06:38 AM
They are there to help Iraq rebuild now. Yes, people commit suicide every day and you have no way of knowing who will do it. I deal with people who are so depressed they want out. To family and friends they may appear happy and together. But inside they are a mess. The soldier who commits suicide could just as easily been the civilian who came home.

We went to Iraq and we took over. Now we have to help them start their country all over again. It's a moral issue at this point. And if we can make them self sufficient then they will grow as a country. They will have money from the oil that they sell. However it has to go back into building the country and not just put into the pockets of a few.

momfromTN
10-17-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by justinenycole26
Yeah, that's a great idea. Let's go blow s**t up so we can spend millions of dollars to fix it. Makes perfect sense to me. We are still paying war reparations to Germany from World War freaking 2! What exactly are we telling these countries? If you mess up, we're gonna blow the he!! out of your country, then we're gonna spend billions to make it way better than it was before. :rolleyes:

No disrespect, but it isn't as simple as we just got a wild hair up our behinds and decided to just "blow stuff up". Freedom isn't free and WWII is one of the reasons we are not speaking German in America today. Hitler had to be stopped.

momfromTN
10-17-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by AngelGrim
I went to buy flooring wood at the lumber yard in Mercer MO and they said sorry our best wood was bought up to send to Iraq, you will have to use this cheaper partical board or do without, I was angry, why couldnt' they use the cheaper stuff over there, and how come the countries that are involved with destroying our property don't have to help us clean up-World Trade Center, Pentagon, and so on, sorry jmo I think our guys need to come home.

You nailed it! The WTC and Pentagon is one of the reasons our boys and girls are over there. They are paying for what was done to us.

momfromTN
10-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
Geez, I just shared an article. Please don't turn my thread into a war zone.

On the contrary. I think this thread has stayed rather repsectful. Thank you for sharing.:D

squirt
10-17-2003, 08:44 AM
I agree, it is time they come home, have a good day.

cSoReNSoN
10-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Saddam had nothing to do with the attacks on the Pentagon or the WTC. Oh where, oh where, are those silly little weapons of mass descruction?!? I know, I know! In a cave with Osama. Or maybe, just maybe, they're in North Korea. Hmmmmmmmm, the one certainty is they aren't in Iraq.

Soldierwif
10-17-2003, 05:59 PM
We, we, we,we, we....That's all I see..We didn't do anything, We are sitting here on our butts while Our Soldiers are fighting this war.

I'm sorry but it just gripes my nerves to see people say we.

ginna74
10-17-2003, 08:22 PM
my brother in law is in Bosnia and will be extended 6 months so he will be there a year. I know doesn't compare with the war but it is still dangerous.

I wish that I didn't have this stupid depression so I still could have been in. It really eats me and hubby that we couldn't help out. More me then him... he was in the Gulf War and he says that was enough but he still would have loved to help. they got him out of the guard 3 1/2 years short of being in for 20.. sucks.... he was in the navy for 10 and guard for the rest..... I go to a VA doc and she said that was normal for vets to feel that way but it doesn't make it anybetter....

anyways would I like them to come back yes... but will I support their stay you becha

ocvachick
10-17-2003, 09:00 PM
I have a friend in Iraq...Just talked to him online for the whole 10 minutes he could have. Its horrible. He misses home and wants to come back. His friends have "turned" on him so he thinks.... no one will want to see him. Its just a morale thing with him. Hes been there since February.... My heart breaks for him, I mean hes like my big brother and anything I can say to him at this point is meaningless. He just wants to come home and I can now see why. So all I can do is just say a little prayer for him and hope hes ok and when he does come around and wants to talk about whatever he needs to talk about that I can have the strength to listen.

justinenycole26
10-18-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by momfromTN
No disrespect, but it isn't as simple as we just got a wild hair up our behinds and decided to just "blow stuff up". Freedom isn't free and WWII is one of the reasons we are not speaking German in America today. Hitler had to be stopped.

Not saying it was "simple" at all, or that it should not have been done. Whou would Hitler hve turned on when he was don with the Jews? Everyone! I totally agree that we have to defend our freedom, but why pay billions upon billions of dollars to rebuild these countries? Get in there, repair what needs repairing and GET OUT! Why should we still be handing over money? And I'm sure the situation is gonna be the same in Iraq. We're gonna be paying them till the end of time.

momfromTN
10-18-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by ocvachick
I have a friend in Iraq...Just talked to him online for the whole 10 minutes he could have. Its horrible. He misses home and wants to come back. His friends have "turned" on him so he thinks.... no one will want to see him. Its just a morale thing with him. Hes been there since February.... My heart breaks for him, I mean hes like my big brother and anything I can say to him at this point is meaningless. He just wants to come home and I can now see why. So all I can do is just say a little prayer for him and hope hes ok and when he does come around and wants to talk about whatever he needs to talk about that I can have the strength to listen.

I am sorry. I didn't quite understand. Did you mean that his friends actually WON'T want to see him, or is HE just thinking that?

I have stated once before that the day I see or hear anyone disrespecting soldiers like they did with the Vietnam war, I will have to sit on my hands to keep from knocking the crap out of that person.

Soldierwif
10-18-2003, 12:57 PM
He may be just "thinking" they have turned on him. If they are "real friends" they'd stick by him. I can understand why he may think such a thing. A lot of what the Soldiers hear are the bad things just like we hear. We never here anything positive about what Our Soldiers have/are doing. The media wants to make everything look bad. They hardly ever report anything positive. The only time you'll hear anything positive is from the Soldiers mouths themselves.

I agree with you MomfromTN...I wouldn't sit on my hands that's for sure. I couldn't/can't sit back and let people run their mouths about Our Soldiers. I'd love to see those fools try and do a better job. Anyone who runs their mouth about Our Soldiers should sign up for the Military or shut up. They don't even have the slightest idea what's going on, they only know what they see on TV or read in the newpapers.

Getting off my soapbox.

AngelGrim
10-18-2003, 01:22 PM
I don't have anything bad to say about our soldiers, that wasn't what I was saying, or what I think this was about, I think this was more about how we feel they should be able to come home.
Hope they all can soon:)

Soldierwif
10-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Angelgrim...I'm sorry...My post wasn't directed at anyone in this thread. I was just typing what was on my mind...Sorry for the miss understanding. =)

harloo
10-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by justme23
I do not because things like this are all we hear. The bad. The media really needs to show the difference over there and quit dwelling on just the bad.

Hmmmmm..what are we supposed to hear from the media? I guess we are suppose to hear how everything is great on GOP's station the Fox News Channel. In any war the casualties are always reported regardless if the President comes out and accuses the media of not focusing on altering reality. The reality is that our soldiers are dying from guerilla warfare, and it will not stop.

At any rate, if we did destroy it and then just packed our bags and left, there would be a world wide outcry and we would be seen as horrible selfish uncaring and destructive ppl. [/QUOTE]

Well they already think we are horrible selfish uncaring and destructive people. IMO, this war was poorly planned. The Bush administration did not prepare for the work after the first big strike. And now we see what is happening and alot of citizens are outraged about it.

Now do I feel the soldiers should come home?

No. I feel once you sign your life away to the armed forces then expect to die. The services of this country has a history of treating the soldiers unjustly during and after war time. So if you joined the services during peaceful times to better yourself economically you must accept the consequences. That's my opinion.
Now while I know it may seem harsh, that's just the reality of signing your life away.

If Bush stays in office the soldiers will never come home. Syria, and North Korea are next.

:rolleyes: :mad:

harloo
10-18-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by cSoReNSoN
Saddam had nothing to do with the attacks on the Pentagon or the WTC. Oh where, oh where, are those silly little weapons of mass descruction?!? I know, I know! In a cave with Osama. Or maybe, just maybe, they're in North Korea. Hmmmmmmmm, the one certainty is they aren't in Iraq.

LOL. They probably are in Condeleza Rice's garage.

Where are the WMD's?:rolleyes:

Soldierwif
10-18-2003, 04:41 PM
No. I feel once you sign your life away to the armed forces then expect to die.

Whatever you say.......

harloo
10-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Soldierwif
Whatever you say.......

huh?::confused:

Soldierwif
10-18-2003, 04:50 PM
nuthin'