PDA

View Full Version : More ebay problems

girlwithsoul
10-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Okay.....I bought a CD on the 3rd from a guy in Ontario. I sent him the personal check he asked for (he said cash or check only) that very day. He received it on the 7th and told me that day that he had mailed the CD to me. It's now 9 days later and still no CD. He says it can take up to 3 weeks depending on the border but my question is how did he then get my check within 4 days.....the check has been cashed. I'm DYING for this CD as it is no longer in print. What should I do? Wait a little longer? Also.....my check has cleared and he has not left me feedback even though I've asked him to repeatedly. HELP! TIA!!!

Kelsey1224
10-16-2003, 02:25 PM
I know that mail to canada is longer. I would also think that a letter would have an easier time going through the mail than a CD...which is media mail.

Willow
10-16-2003, 02:28 PM
I've been told that media mail can take from ten to fourteen days.

atag71
10-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Canada does not have media mail- but I did once send payment there and it got there quick- but it took forever for me to get my item. I would wait a while longer.

Bohemut
10-16-2003, 02:41 PM
I had a similar situation. I sent my MO and it got there right away, but when he sent my CD it took three weeks. The man I ordered it from told me that letters get through faster and any kind of package takes longer. He also said that the larger the package the longer it takes. Glad I just got a CD otherwise I might have had to wait months! Hope you get yours soon! :)

Sunnymoonx
10-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Don't packages to and from Canada have to go thru customs? That might be what is holding it up.

cpbaby
10-16-2003, 03:40 PM
Packages of any kind from Canada take FOREVER, or so it seems. They have to go through customs and all that ring-a-marole.

MISSYNAUGLE
10-16-2003, 04:38 PM
I would wait atleast 2 weeks because customs is what holds evertything up. They can even open and check your package. Also alot of people don't leave feedback after you pay right away until you receive your item and leave them feedback. It might sound dumb but I do it and so does my brother because you would be surprised how many people don't even bother to leave feedback even after you do. If after you receive your item and you leave feedback the person still don't leave feedback for you email them and ask them why. I have to do that alot. I just had a person leave me feedback from 4 months ago. thanks!!!

sea-shell
10-16-2003, 04:57 PM
I had a candle order that went to Canada - took about 2 weeks for her to get it and the package had been opened and inspected when she received it.

poohdinkle
10-16-2003, 08:26 PM
I won an auction on ebay from someone from Canada. My package was mailed on the 25th of Sept and I just received it this past Tuesday, Oct 14th. I was told that shipping usually takes 15 to 20 working days.

AngelGrim
10-16-2003, 08:57 PM
I will know not to buy from there if it is something i really want fast lol hope you get it soon

girlwithsoul
10-17-2003, 06:52 AM
Thank you guys so much....you are always the greatest! I've been burned before on auctions and really didn't want it to happen again since I REALLY want this CD. Now I won't overreact or react at all until after the 25th or so. Thanks again guys!!!!

squirt
10-17-2003, 08:49 AM
now I know why I don't shop on line

girlwithsoul
10-17-2003, 10:03 AM
squirt.....i normally never do either but this particular CD is out of print and I cannot find it ANYWHERE but on the net. Sometimes you just have to shop online.

girlwithsoul
10-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Ok....help!!!!!!!! It has now been 14 days since this guy says he sent the CD and still nothing and he's not responding to my emails about feedback either. What should I do? I don't want to be out $14.00 because I waited too long to report it. It's now been 21 days since I WON the auction AND paid for it! HELP!

Willow
10-21-2003, 01:56 PM
I think you've given him plenty of time to get the cd to you. 21 days is more than enough time to wait for something.

girlwithsoul
10-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Well he said it would take a while since it's coming from Ontario but I just want assurance that I'm not jumping the gun. UGH!!!! I WISH I could just buy this CD at the store!

Willow
10-21-2003, 02:28 PM
I did hear that media mail could take anywhere from 10-14 days and considering you're waiting on something from Canada maybe that is the case. I hope so anyway. :)

MISSYNAUGLE
10-21-2003, 04:11 PM
I say give it until Friday to make sure. Did you pay using Paypal? You can file a complaint and most likely get your money back. Even so Ebay has a form you can fill out to file a complaint. It all depends on how you payed this person. They could have atleast emailed you because im sure it don't take 2 weeks for email to go through. Hope it works out for you.

Willow
10-21-2003, 04:21 PM
I won't purchase from anyone who lives out of the country because I'm afraid of this happening to me. There have been a couple of things that I would of liked to have purchased but one was from Australia and the other was from the UK and I just didn't want to go through the hassle. I hope everything works out and you get your cd.

girlwithsoul
10-22-2003, 06:56 AM
I normally wouldn't either but, like I said, this CD is no longer in print and I'm desperate.

He emailed me today asking how I paid him and that the CD should have been sent then. Well, I paid with a personal check so that I would have record of it and he sent it on the 7th. I told him all this in a response email so we'll see what he says. If nothing else....I want my $14.00 + postage back. Sigh

HaveKids,LostMind
10-22-2003, 11:36 PM
I think all you can do is wait, in this situation. Who knows, it may really be caught up in the mail. Its not like you can stop payment on the check....You could ask for proof that he mailed it. Was it insured?

And as for him leaving you feedback, he doesnt have to. And the more you pressure him to, the more likely he is to think that you want him to so that you can then leave him negative feedback. At least that's the way I would take it...

Anyway, hope it gets to you in the next few days. I hate waiting on packages day after day....:(

Syrinx
10-23-2003, 04:55 AM
I've sent things to and bought items from people in Canada and sometimes the mail's quick and sometimes it isn't. It's because of customs. I've also heard from someone from Canada that the Canadian mail service can be very slow.

With eBay, you have 60 days to file a complaint, right? I know it's hard to be patient when it's something you really want, but I'd give it more time.

mficke0713
10-24-2003, 12:23 PM
I won an auction on E-Bay from Canada 10/5/03 and I'm still waiting. He e-mailed me last night and is going to send a duplicate because he said I should have received it by now.