PDA

View Full Version : vent of ebay

momtofuss
10-16-2003, 09:16 AM
I just sold something to someone, and for the past two days she keeps sending me paypal Credit card payments, and it says in the auction that I do not accept paypal credit, just noncredit card in big letters lol, and I emailed her twice saying I don't accept it and she keeps sending it :rolleyes:

zitra
10-16-2003, 09:27 AM
Tell her one more time, and add that if she tries to pay you again any other way than what you stated in your auction, that you will have to file NPB, and relist the item (and then leave feedback to the effct that she doesn't read auction instruictions correctly and keepsd trying to pay via credit card through paypal, after you have told her numerous times you don't accept it).

ezmoney163
10-16-2003, 09:48 AM
I had a woman do that and she kept saying Why?? Why??? Well I do not think it matters why, I told ya in the auction so lets get it right and leave it at that. If you do not read that is your problem not mine. Finally after a week of this crap she finally sent my pphf
I swear somepeople should buy glasses instead of auction stuff. LOL

Candice
10-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Maybe she doesn't know what she's doing. :confused: I dunno.. maybe she was trying to send it from her debit card.. can't you do that? Sorry, I'm no help... :D

ezmoney163
10-16-2003, 01:40 PM
Debit card is concidered the same as a crdit card on Paypal. If she read the terms of the auction she should know it was not an option.

Njean31
10-16-2003, 04:17 PM
debit card is the same as credit card? uh-oh

ezmoney163
10-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Yea why what is wrong Njean???

AngelGrim
10-25-2003, 08:18 PM
sometimes i think people just get sound wound up they don't think.

harloo
10-26-2003, 11:28 AM
I think some people do this intentionally because they want you to agree with their terms. Then they get mad if you don't accept it.

SilverKittyNH
10-27-2003, 09:04 AM
First, do you have a credit card logo in your auction? This happens quite frequently when people check the "Paypal" box under "payments accepted. Check your auction page and see if it has the paypal credit card logo inserted. This is USUALLY the culprit of those credit card payments in "non-credit card" auctions.

Second, sometimes people do not understand that anything BUT credit cards are accepted and do not understand that a "debit card" with a credit card logo is the same thing for paypal purposes.

Third, some people haven't linked any other accounts and have no idea what an "e-check" is. You have to run them through the process, especially if they're newbies.

Bottom line, if you're gonna have a "no credit card" auction on ebay when EVERYTHING on ebay is geared toward credit card payments, then you're gonna have to deal with people that do this. Sometimes, they just don't read (or if they do, they just don't understand)

Smile- At least your SELLING!!!

Njean31
10-27-2003, 09:15 AM
my question is this: if you run out of funds in your paypal account and your account is linked to your checking acct and you pay by drawing money out of it, is that payment then a credit or debit payment and inturn costs the recipiant $$ to accept it? i am confused because in the beginning i had a regular paypal account but this woman paid me and this payment didn't automatically go in my account, i had to "accept" it and open a different type of account. i did it because it was for over 100.00 and i really wanted it. but now i think i am charged a fee for all payments. thanks, nancy

ammandy
10-27-2003, 11:02 AM
I sell that way on eBay, and I look up each winning bidder before I send them my EOA e-mail. Here's what I put in some of them:

"I prefer to receive PayPal payments via Instant Transfer, e-check, or payment from PayPal balance. Unfortunately, I cannot accept credit card or debit card payments.

The easiest way to tell if you can pay via PayPal is to look at your User Status. If your status indicates that you are "Verified," then I will be able to accept your payment. Please let me know, though, if you are in the process of adding a bank account, or "verifying," and I'll be happy to wait until that's done. I do allow up to 10 days for payment to be received.

However, if your status says that you are "Unverified," you will need to mail payment to the address below. "

If the buyer is verified, but keeps sending credit card/debit card payemnts, I include something like "if you are a verified PayPal user, please do not change the default payment source (which is your bank account), or I will not be able to accept your payment."

Hope this helps!

ammandy
10-27-2003, 11:08 AM
NJean, if a user is "Verified," that means that they have a bank account linked to the PayPal account. PayPal's order of preference for sending payments is 1) PayPal balance 2)bank account and 3) credit card.

The first 2 are defaults and don't require any action by the sender. However, they can override the preference for the bank account by changing the fund source. The buyer you mentioned my have changed it to a credit card payment (and thus made you upgrade your account) so that the purchase would be covered by credit card protection.

Once you upgrade, you will be charged for all transactions, including non-credit card ones. You are allowed to have one personal account and one upgraded account, so if you have another e-mail address, you should be able to sign up for another personal account.