PDA

View Full Version : Need Costume Help!!!

aimefisher
10-15-2003, 08:47 PM
We have regular costumes but need cheap and easy suggestions for the boys for school. They are only allowed to do STORYBOOK CHARACTERS. Any help is welcome.

Unicornmom77
10-15-2003, 08:51 PM
Huh I will have to think about that one!! Good luck tho! I will post if I find any ideas!

islandgirl
10-15-2003, 09:56 PM
I've got the perfect thing... Jack and the Beanstalk !!!

I saw it in one of my magazines (I think BHG), let me find it for you!

I couldn't find it on their website bhg.com, but here's the instructions:

Grab an orange shirt, green pants (they show army-colored carpenter pants), burlap sack, and 2 pairs of green tights.

Cut a hole in burlap sack for the head and 2 holes for the arms..leave edges frayed. Iron-on letters to spell "JACK" on the front.

For beanstalk: cut legs off green tights; cut the foot off each leg. Stuff legs with batting, and stitch ends together to form a stalk. Use green pipe cleaners and twist them around a thick marker into spirals and poke thru the stockings to give it the "viney" look. They also used craft foam to make bean shapes that sorta look like peapods.

Wrap the "beanstalk around him, paint some plastic easter eggs gold for him to hold - and make him a burlap sack and glue on gold coins made out of cardboard and pin them to the sack. Use brown ribbon as a handle.

I hope this helps. I know it's not as good without the picture, but that kid on there was downright cute!!

twinkiesmom
10-15-2003, 09:59 PM
Dunno about the characters you are looking for, but maybe this can trigger some ideas.

http://www.parentcenter.com/refcap/fun/outings/35676.html

Jolie Rouge
10-15-2003, 10:01 PM
I just posted some no sew costumes in A&C's - look and see if any of those could be addapted. Maybe Tom Sawyer ? ( coverall orr tattered jeans, straw hat, bandana tied to a cane pole ...) If you have a Pirate costume he could go as Captain Hook or one of his band or cutthroats ( or Long John Silver )

ocvachick
10-15-2003, 10:08 PM
maybe Pooh Bear... to me he is a classic... maybe Christopher Robin if you could find a good picture from the older books.....

twinkiesmom
10-15-2003, 10:08 PM
I remember seeing an easy pirate costume in the above-link I posted.

islandgirl
10-15-2003, 10:11 PM
that is a very neat site, twinkiesmom. I love those ideas!!