PDA

View Full Version : The lady cut my hair more than I asked her too

ulqini24
10-15-2003, 01:40 PM
I've been going to this place for two years.She was always good,I want my hair to grow longer so I told her just trim it, she cut 4-5 inches of my hair. I am so upset, I'm keeping my hair in a ponytail because people are telling me you look so much older with that hair.

Since when does trimming mean to cut 4-5 inches. I'm ready to go back there and smack the b.....

sorry for venting about such a stupid thing, I know it will grow, but how long is that going to take.

If anybody here knows of anything to make the hair grow faster please let me know

Thanks

cinnamonch
10-15-2003, 01:55 PM
why didnt you say something to her a the time? Not like you didnt notice what had happened when she was finished

Kelsey1224
10-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by cinnamonch
why didnt you say something to her a the time? Not like you didnt notice what had happened when she was finished

That's my question too. Couldn't you see how much she was taking off. Four or five inches is a lot and is hardly a trim.

Not that it is your fault...it's just that I'm always very clear on how much I want taken off. I show them...and if it's not enough when they are done...I then instruct them to take off a little more.

Since you didn't say something at the time, I'm not sure about your going back now.

My hair grows really fast...about a 1/2 inch a month!

MySonNick1
10-15-2003, 02:38 PM
Everytime I go to get my hair trimmed or to get my son's hair cut, the first thing they ask when they are done is "Is this ok?" or something to that effect.

~joes4evr~
10-15-2003, 02:44 PM
I just had mine trimmed, snd she says hair grows about 1 inch amonth

I hope that helps... I hate having my hair cut, and I only do it 2 times a year

TX_Cowgirl
10-15-2003, 03:02 PM
what did you say when she was done...
that is when you should have told her that is not what
you asked for....sorry this happened....
hopefully it will grow out fast

ezmoney163
10-15-2003, 03:05 PM
I know from experience how tramatic it is to have a bad hair cut, but why didnt you say something to her when you were there, I have only two girls who do my hair and both of them always say how is this, is this what you wanted or something like that and if not then they fix it. Personally I think you should have said somethign when you were there. All I can say is it will grow back.

Dolly<3
10-15-2003, 04:06 PM
Jeez! What nice people are telling you that you look older with that haircut? Maybe they're jealous b/c it's so cute. :D I'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think. ;) How short is it? Look online for some styling tips for your hair length. You might find something really cute and easy to do with it that'll make you like it. :)

schsa
10-15-2003, 04:21 PM
The only good thing about it is that hair will grow back but I would be reluctant to recommend her to anyone or to let her cut my hair again.

I am one of those people who would rather have more cut off than less but I don't grow my hair much longer than shoulder length. Give your hair a few days to adjust to less weight. It will grow back.

mlayton1994
10-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Hugs. I have had that happen but, in my case it was just my bangs but it still looked bad.

AngelGrim
10-15-2003, 06:19 PM
I feel for you, I once about 10 years ago went to have my hair cut, I wasn't facing the mirror and so I couldn't see what was going on, I smelled french fries but was right next to their snack room and thought that it was coming from there, nope she was eatting them while doing my hair, I didn't realize how much was being cut and went from waist long to mid back, talk about upset, I lost it on her when I got turned around and looked in the mirror, hope you find a hair stylist that will treat you better next time, I did, my mother lol. Bye

ulqini24
10-15-2003, 06:49 PM
I told her just shave my ends, she's done it before. She was talking to her sister while cuting my hair and I think she must have messed up one side and fiexed it by chopping my hair.

Thanks for all your support.

Why I did not do anything about it then, I dont know, it was blow dried straight and it looked shorter but not that much and I was in a hurry, but when I washed my hair this morning my hair is wavy and when it dried I saw what she did.

I know one thing for sure, my mum, my sister and I will not be going there anymore. And she got a lot of business from us,she is right around the corner and we would always go there,not anymore.

zitra
10-15-2003, 07:11 PM
((((HUGS)))) been there

mom2cvam
10-15-2003, 07:16 PM
{{{Hugs}}} I went to get my hair done last month and they cut it too short and colored it redder then I wanted it. I wasn't happy with it then. I had long blonde hair and now I have short red hair! But I'm getting use to it and I have gotten alot of compliments on it. I guess I got comfortable with the way it was. The hair will grow back and in the mean time make the most of it. I'm sure there is some cute styles you could do with it. I'm sure it looks great on you! ;)

dlwt
10-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Oh Man I had that happen to me once as well. I wear glasses and they make me take them off during the cut so I cant see sh?t. It was a cute cut but I asked for a trim and it was Much more than that. It will grow out. Sorry it happended to you though, I know how ya feel.

ulqini24
10-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Thank you very much everyone. I am keeping my hair in a ponytail for now so I dent get upset over it.