PDA

View Full Version : dang computer

xsweetestx
10-15-2003, 04:57 AM
I like to play the game on AOL (pogo) and now for some reason it will take me to the game but wont load it so I cant get into it to play... Ive defrag and several other things but it still doesnt work..I cant even get any freebies cause it wont load... Any suggestions? This thing is only 2 yrs old and Im getting pissed...Thanks

nooshu
10-15-2003, 05:08 AM
I don't have AOL right now but I did for many years. I frequently had problems with it's browser and wasn't able to access alot of sites or pages. When that happened, I used my Internet Explorer browser instead and found that to work when AOL wouldn't. HTH.;)

Editing this in: Ooh-this info was in one of my newsletters-so I thought it might help you:TO CLEAR OUT AOL CACHE: in your browser click on Settings-Preferences-scroll down & click on Internet Settings-click Delete Cookies, then click ok-then click Delete Files, click ok........sign off and close AOL......then do the same thing with Internet Explorer......go to Start Menu-click Control Panel-click on Internet Options (if your pc does't show internet options look on left side of page and switch to classic view and then you will see it)...when you click Internet Options you will see a window similar to the AOL window-do the same thing-Delete Files and Cookies and click OK......ALSO.....be sure to do a Disc Cleanup (go to Start Menu-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Click on Disc Cleanup-after it is done calculating you will get a window w/2 tabs-Disc Cleanup and More Options.....Disc Cleanup should automatically be showing if not click on that tab-use the scroll bar and make sure each item is selected-click on each item to select-you will see a check mark appear next to selected items......Click OK........when this has completed.........YOU MUST RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!.......If you don't restart nothing will be cleared out!!!!!!!!.......Do this DAILY........it will help those on dial up for pages to open faster.....and will keep you from getting those annoying Page Will Not Display messages....all the cookies and temp files just slow pc down-and they are not neccessary to keep-it is just all the "junk" that the websites stick in your pc

Quaker_Parrots
10-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Also, try updating your Java same thing happened to me at Pogo, and doing that helped

AngelGrim
10-15-2003, 11:07 AM
sorry to hear about your problems, sometimes I just want to punch my puter out, but then I feel bad and wanna hug it later, haha. Good luck.

John
10-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Java http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/index.html

xsweetestx
10-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Thanks for all the help//Working on it tonight so we will see....Thanks Again

ttistin
10-16-2003, 07:54 AM
ok the computer dummie was just wondering....what is java?? I have heard this before but I have no idea what it is or what it does.

xsweetestx
10-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Can someone tell me what Java is? I went there and dont even know what to do.. have done everythng to this and it till doesnt load anything..Thanks

John
10-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Java is a client side scripting language/program.

Go here http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html and download
"J2SE v 1.4.2_01 >> Windows Installation >> SDK" then install the program.

ttistin
10-16-2003, 12:48 PM
do you have to upgrade java at all? I have never done anything with it so I have no idea.

John
10-16-2003, 09:57 PM
Yes, you do have to upgrade it because Microsoft don't bundle this in their OS anymore or have this at their windows update website. You use java all the time, you just don't know you're using it. Many websites use this programming language, especially browser game sites.

Quaker_Parrots
10-17-2003, 03:52 AM
If you see a little coffee cup on your task bar near the clock(it is only there when you are using a website that uses java) You are using java. Pogo uses Java, and I think Macromedia Flash on their games(I definately know they use java though, cause I had this problem last year, I had java, but something happened to mine( may have gotten corrupted), or it wasn't the current version, and I had to download the newest version to get Pogo to run.

ttistin
10-17-2003, 05:06 AM
ohh ok, I guess since I have had this thing about 4 years I should upgrade it then huh.

squirt
10-17-2003, 08:50 AM
I don't have AOL anymore either, I had nothing but problems with it when I did have it. Sorry you're going through this