PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Baby .... Update!!

sandytrap
10-14-2003, 05:24 PM
I just had my dr. appt this afternoon. My blood pressure was 145/95 which is quite high still. They did a fetal fibronectin test which determines if you are likely to go into labor within a week. Mine was negative. He has ordered an ultrasound by another high risk dr. at a different hospital and will use that ultrasound to determine when he will take the baby out. I have been measuring two cm. bigger consistently throughout the preg., even after only gaining 8 pounds.
If the due date is wrong...i could be 36 weeks today instead of 34...which means they will deliver in 2 weeks anyway. The pain is still really bad, and they started me on a new medicine. It worked very well when I took it this afternoon and I am hoping that it keeps working. My doctor was great with me today and I was able to explain all my concerns/fears to him with no problem. He does not want to deliver her at 36 weeks if possible, but will do it at 37. I am really excited because I can see the light at the end of the tunnel of pain. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. The ultrasound is this coming Tuesday and I will have a follow up with my dr. on that Thursday. Thanks again for those that have been praying for us and thinking about us. Also, your advice has been wonderful for me...it's good to know that 36 and 37 weekers do so well once delivered!! We really appreciate it all!!

Sandylapp@hotmail.com

mom2cvam
10-14-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm glad that the new medicine is working better for you and that the doctor made you feel a little more at ease. I'll keep you and the baby in my thoughts.
(((hugs)))

queenangie
10-14-2003, 07:16 PM
'Appreciate the update.
Sending prayers for you and baby.

Unicornmom77
10-14-2003, 07:20 PM
thank god! will continue to pray!