PDA

View Full Version : my shirt is ruined

intimidator329
10-14-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm so mad right now. I wore my dale earnhardt shirt today and now it's ruined.
My mom's brother is totally nasty. He doesn't use toilet paper and he never washes his hands so hubby and I have to bleach to bathroom everytime we use it. It's costing us a fortune in paper towels and clorox spray bleach. My mom won't get on him cuz he'll start screaming and she rather not deal with him (he also has milk in the fridge from SEPT 21!!) When he brushes his teeth, he leaves his tooth brush on and has toothpaste all over the mirror.She's suppose to be taking care of him ,but he gets away with murder and I get blamed for stuff he does. sorry, that's another vent.
Anyway Some of the bleach must have went to the edge of the counter and when i leaned over, it got on my shirt. It's my favorite cuz it's his 2001 schedule shirt. on the front it has his intimidating expression and on the back it has his smile. Plus he's wearing the hat that all the teams wore at rockingham the weekend after his death. I love this shirt cuz I have the hat too and I wear it with it and every one wants my hat. rambling I know.
the front of the shirt where it was black on the bottom is now ORANGE!!!! :mad: :mad:

Willow
10-14-2003, 02:38 PM
Sorry about your shirt. :(

ezmoney163
10-14-2003, 02:43 PM
There is marking pens you can getthat will fill in the spots. I am not sure what they are called but I have heard they really work well.

HTH

annie169
10-14-2003, 03:28 PM
OH MAN!!! THAT JUST SUX!!! BTW...did you see Richard Childress drive the #3 Saturday night?? I about cried!! It was soooo great to see that black car back on the track even if it was only for that prelim lap!!!

Tippytail
10-14-2003, 03:41 PM
How about that Rit dye?Maybe just brush it on and blot it immediately with paper towels so maybe it'll match the washed black look and blend in with the rest of the shirt.

Sorry to hear about your shirt,though...

AngelGrim
10-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Tri chem pens will do it if you use a black one, at least that is what my mother in law says bye

Unicornmom77
10-14-2003, 09:04 PM
dang!! sorry to hear that! i love nacsar also!!
bless yur heart!

littlemissy
10-15-2003, 10:16 PM
try a marking pen like a Sharpie, you may have to touch up after you wash it, those are the laundry markers you use to write your name on your drawers (underwear for non-Southerners) when you go to summer camp.

intimidator329
10-16-2003, 10:23 AM
thanks for the tips. I'm going out next week and see what I can find.

did you see Richard Childress drive the #3 Saturday night?? I about cried!! It was soooo great to see that black car back on the track even if it was only for that prelim lap!!!
I had to tape that part because we had to run to the store. I did listen to PRN on the radio and they were descibing it. It gave me cold chills and I did cry a little. I haven't gotten the courage up to watch the tape yet.

freeplease
10-16-2003, 06:01 PM
I'd be more worried about where he's traveled through the house! That's disgusting! :eek:

squirt
10-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I have ruined so many of my shirts and blouses the same way, don't you wish there was a bleach that was safe. Hope someday they make one.

CHERNL
10-26-2003, 02:58 PM
I too have ruined the fronts of a few shirts with Clorox Clean Up with bleach. I took the cleaner and sprayed the shirt all over, gave it a tye dye effect, or a misting will make little tiny dots kinda like stonewash. I don't know if you can avoid the printed portions, but I know that the ones I did look cool now, not just like I goofed. Might be worth a try?