PDA

View Full Version : ? about walmart and shoes

Sweetberries
10-14-2003, 08:09 AM
I need to buy a new pair of shoes for work they have to have traction on the bottom but I don't want to pay alot either does walmart have good deals on shoes? just wanted to know before I go all the way there today. tia

Quaker_Parrots
10-14-2003, 08:20 AM
Prices aren't bad, but I don't like Walmarts shoes anymore, their quality has aither gone way down, or I have gotten rougher on shoes, lol. They just don't last me very long.

GeThang
10-14-2003, 08:21 AM
I bought a pair of black traction shoes a few years ago at Wal-Mart. They were pretty good and were only like $15.99. I don't know if the price has raised, but I do know they have them.

ttistin
10-14-2003, 08:25 AM
I dont really care of wal-mart shoes for myself, dh buys his there and likes them. I usually go to either k-mart or payless to get mine {I like payless better}

zitra
10-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Walmart usually has reasonably priced shoes, but usually when I need a good deal on shoes i go to Payless. They have a bigger/better selection and usually better prices/deals going on.

Unicornmom77
10-14-2003, 09:37 AM
My local walmart now carries those work shoes that are non slip and extra comfy for 19.99-24.99 hubby just got some and he loves them!

Willow
10-14-2003, 09:38 AM
I've never bought shoes at Walmart so I'm no help. lol I have bought shoes from Payless before but lately I've been having such a hard time finding shoes that fit. I have such a high instep that it's hard to find shoes that aren't tight across the top of my foot.

mlayton1994
10-14-2003, 09:49 AM
I bought a pair of shoes that were called earth shoes at walmart. they are so comfortable and I am looking at buying another pair.

zitra
10-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Walmart also carries a Hanes Her Way brand of shoes ..I bought a pair of Hanes Her Way sandals, they are very comfortable (they also make a line of shoes).

ezmoney163
10-14-2003, 10:12 AM
I buy to many shoes. Over the summer me and Dh counted 31 pairs and most of them I have never worn. :eek: But anyway, if you want a good pair of shoes watch your flyers for sears and the local high end stores I know for a fact here you can get them 1/2 off and then 20 % off that. So you really do not spend that much. Not to sound stupid but please when it is your feet do not mess around. You have to stand on them the rest of your life and if they are in poor shape it will kill ya to do so. If you do go for the cheaper shoes at least by the gel inserts in them. My Dh buys the higher end work boots and still uses the gel inserts, mind you his boots willl last him up to 4 years so really in the long run it is a deal.
Hope youy find something reasonable. And that you like. :)

cSoReNSoN
10-14-2003, 10:34 AM
I always find excellent deals on shoes at Marshall's, TjMaxx, and Shoe Carnival. Excellent prices on name brand shoes! I love Skechers and often I find them for $20-25. At Marshall's I've found Steve Madden shoes for $7-10. I later saw the same shoes in a Famous footwear ad for $35-40! I've even found great shoes at the thrift store.

Willow
10-14-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by ezmoney163
I buy to many shoes. Over the summer me and Dh counted 31 pairs and most of them I have never worn. :eek: But anyway, if you want a good pair of shoes watch your flyers for sears and the local high end stores I know for a fact here you can get them 1/2 off and then 20 % off that. So you really do not spend that much. Not to sound stupid but please when it is your feet do not mess around. You have to stand on them the rest of your life and if they are in poor shape it will kill ya to do so. If you do go for the cheaper shoes at least by the gel inserts in them. My Dh buys the higher end work boots and still uses the gel inserts, mind you his boots willl last him up to 4 years so really in the long run it is a deal.
Hope youy find something reasonable. And that you like. :)

I think kids especially, need to have good shoes. When my brothers and I were little my mother always bought us stride rite shoes. Our first shoes were those little white leather shoes with the bells on the shoelaces. I still have mine. My mother had them bronzed when I outgrew them. I remember watching a show about footwear and they said the worst shoes you can ever put on a childs feet are those jelly shoes. They are rubbery and come in different colors. I don't know if they make them for boys or not but I've seen a lot of little girls wearing them and I always think back to that show.

Willow
10-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Yep I know what you mean. If I pay more money they last a lot longer. I have such problems buying shoes. :( I have two pairs of Nikes that I've had for over two years and they are still in good shape. I like the leather cortez ones. They are white with the colored swoosh. I have a pair with the black swoosh and a pair with the blue swoosh. Depending on if I can get them on sale or not I usually pay between $45 and $60 a pair.

annie169
10-14-2003, 03:08 PM
When I worked at McDonalds, I had to have GOOD traction shoes. All the grease is a terrible hazard!! Walmart has a brand I think is called "Tred Safe" that are approved by OSHA that treadwise, are really good!! My husband still wears those for his job and they last him about 6 months and cost $19.99. Also, Walmart sells Dr. Scholl shoes that are good too, but a little more expensive than the Tred Safe.

Sweetberries
10-14-2003, 06:09 PM
thanks everyone who replied :) I went to walmart today and bought a pair of tred safe shoes for $20.62 not to bad I payed alot more last time . :D :D

amysusi
10-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Just say NO..... to Wal mart shoes. Every pair I ever bought there fell apart the next day. Took them back and got my money back. Unfortunately it took about 3 pairs to learn my lesson.