PDA

View Full Version : Do *not* Ever!!!

Ladytiger
10-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Use regular dishsoap in the dishwasher!:eek:
I ran out of Cascade, thought "what the heck, I will just use Ultra Dawn", right?
Umm, wrong, very wrong. I came downstairs, rounded the corner, to SUDS, rolling out of the kitchen!
Remember the episode of the Brady Brunch where Bobby does his own laundry?
That is pretty much what it looked like. My cats were growling at the suds LOL

Angelseyes28
10-13-2003, 02:12 PM
LMAO for once I think I am happy I don't own a dishwasher!! Hey look at it this way, now you have a clean floor too:p:D

Unicornmom77
10-13-2003, 02:22 PM
You can if you use one tiny drop!! LOL I have done this also!! But we had CARPET!! OMG That was not fun!

Have fun cleaning that up!!

Willow
10-13-2003, 02:30 PM
I've had to do that on a few occassions. Like Unicormom said, you just have to be careful how much you use. I learned that the hard way. lol

cpbaby
10-13-2003, 02:32 PM
My DH(NOT dear either) used Sunlight Dishwashing detergent instead of Sunlight DISHWASHER detergent once. I made the oldest go across the street to buy two boxes of salt to sprinkle ont he bubbles(knocks them right down, handed the DH the mop, and took the kids and went to bed.

When I got up the next day, my floor was clean.

jaybird
10-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Bwahahahahahahahaha. I'm not laughing. Nope. Not me. :D

Sarah & her roomies did that in their apartment when they were in college. She filled BOTH cups with Dawn. They all left, went out for an hour or so. Came back and the kitchen floor was covered with about 6" of suds.

GeThang
10-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Ooooh wow. Sounds like an adventure chic. :) I don't have a dishwasher, but I do hope to have one someday. Now I know not to do something like that :)

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Oh, to have seen the look on your face Ladytiger ROFLMAO :D

How long did it take you to clean it? lol (sorry)

DreamWarrior
10-13-2003, 03:25 PM
LMAO!!!!

annie169
10-13-2003, 03:26 PM
I'll have to do that sometime when my floor needs mopping and the dishes need cleaning....LMAO!!!! NOT!

Dolly<3
10-13-2003, 03:50 PM
I did this one time when I was babysitting in high school. I thought I'd be nice and do their dishes...then suds started coming out and I ran to turn it off and they STILL came out. THEN the mom came home to get something and I was in there catching suds as they came out of her dishwasher and throwing them in the sink. :o

VenusA423
10-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Something I had done, too. We had one of those things for Jet Dry. Well, I never used it and had run out of regular detergent and poured some Dawn in the Jet Dry thingie, and kept squirting it in, because it didn't seem to be filling up. After using about a quarter of the bottle, figured that was MORE than enough. Yep, it sure was. At least I didn't have to clean it up... I was pregnant and so upset, hubby did it. LOL! Glad to know I'm not the only one who's done it. :D

unicorn9149
10-13-2003, 05:17 PM
My dot did that when she was younger, we had carpet in there also. What a mess.

gonzo
10-13-2003, 06:08 PM
I went to Ohio for a visit leaving dh home alone. I told him DO NOT use Dawn in the dishwasher, there was plenty of cascade, even showed him the box and were to put it. Came back a week later and sure enough he had used the dawn. He said the dishes were really dirty and he wanted to give the cascade a boost. He filled up the dishwasher and went out to cut the grass, came back in for a some water and slid across the floor which was cover with bubbles. Lesson learned the hard way!

mlayton1994
10-13-2003, 06:36 PM
lol

ezmoney163
10-13-2003, 06:54 PM
I am glad for the advice had no idea this would happen. I am not laughing at any of you thi=ough. I hate to clean up extra unnessary messes. LOL

IselaRose
10-13-2003, 08:28 PM
wow! Another reason why my dad should never use the dishwasher...this would be something he would do

Ladytiger
10-13-2003, 09:03 PM
:D :rolleyes: :eek:
It's ok, laugh away! I'm not one to get offended-we all need to laugh at ourselves.
Well, in case you DO use detergent in there...
It took me two hours to get it cleaned, and the soap outta the dishwasher, 2 cyles and me opening the door and using a turkey baster to get the water and suds out-yeesh!
Now my DD said that she won't let me live that one down. LOL one mistake compared to ummm, say 50 of hers?:D

*Edited to add, I laughed more at the cats growling at the suds, they were petrified!

treasurymae
10-14-2003, 04:39 AM
i must admit i'm guilty of doing the same thing. First time i ever had a dishwasher, ran out of soap , so i decided that a little dawn would work poured it in until i felt there was enough and walked away came back a little later and my kitchen floor was filled with bubbles...it took for ever for me to get it clean and then to get the water out of the dishwasher ........That was murder. Hubby just couldnt believe i had put regular soap in there.. Laughted for a long time.

zitra
10-14-2003, 06:55 AM
I once was so sleepy, (had just gotten up to get the kids off to school) I grabbed the laundry detergent into the dishwasher. LOL! I realized it as soon as I pour it in, and was able to clean it out.