PDA

View Full Version : last 2 weeks LONg

treasurymae
10-11-2003, 06:12 AM
OK i have been having all these feelings/moods in the last couple of weeks which i explained in the depression thread. Anyway thats not my real problem for now. My husband has been on depression meds for quite awhile anyway he ran out last month of his lexapro and we didnt have the money to have it refilled. So he had to wait 3 days before we could afford it. OK He started going thru withdraws, having bad headaches, wanting to sleep all the time, and not eating. He has been moody, gripy and blaming me for everything. I'm at my wits end. The dr changed his meds when he went back in so know i'm gonna have to wait for them to take effect. The kids and i are walking on eggshells .. Well the kids dont know they are i'm just trying to keep them quite and away from him. So i get all the crap. I feel really bad cause i know he is sick but i'm only human and i can only take so much before i bite back. We had a arguement the other night about spilled tea.......I mean my god spilled tea. I just couldnt take it any longer he was griping that i didnt do a good enough job cleaning it up and while holding the windex bottle he told me to do it in the morning . So i just figured fine i'll clean it now. Go over to clean it and he says no no just leave it until morning. Well why should i leave it until morning when he is just gonna gripe till then. HE gets all angry and i get angry and i told him i cant take anymore. That maybe he should just go find an apartment. Which i felt bad for saying and appologized later. But last night he kept bringing it up , saying i still owed him an apology for cleaning up the tea. WTF so i ended up going to bed just because i didnt want to fight or go thru this again. He then proceeds to tell me its not about the tea spilling it s about me listening to him and doing what he says. I had a hard time sleeping last night actually for the last 2 weeks. i feel bad for arguing with him and i'm trying just to avoid him. he's still asleep this morning and i'm worried about what kind of mood he will be in. thanks for listening. i just needed to get this out.

cpbaby
10-11-2003, 06:34 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Im so sorry. I dont agree with his "problem" of you listening to him and (this REALLY irks me) "doing what he says", but I do realize he is sick and may not be able to help what he says. I hope things get better soon.

twinfawn
10-11-2003, 10:16 AM
I just wanted to step in and give you (((((((treasurymae)))))))))
I take lexapro and have never ran out, god I hope I never do...I really do worry about it...I try to make sure I always have plenty, but I have came close before.So I totally understand what happened:(

schsa
10-11-2003, 01:56 PM
I suffer from depression and even I don't like being around me when there is a meds problem. It's hard to control the garbage that comes out of my mouth. I know that it has to be hard on you having to hear some of the things he says and not talking back.

Just keep telling yourself that his brain is not functioning correctly and at some time things will start kicking in again for him. It's not that he doesn't love you, he's just out of control.

tiffany21
10-11-2003, 02:50 PM
hugs

treasurymae
10-11-2003, 04:24 PM
thank you all. We've been thru this before with his meds being changed but he has never been this bad.. I think it does have to do with the withdrawls from the lexapro. Today he hasnt said anything really just been quiet. He decided it would be better for everyone if he just didnt say anything until the new meds kicked in. I just hope they kick in soon. last time his medicine was changed he wouldnt get out of bed for at least a week, didnt go to work or anything.

twinfawn
10-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Jeeeeeeeeez, That worries me about myself, I take lexapro because of the stroke, now I am totally afraid of ever getting off of them.....

annie169
10-11-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm with ya treasuraymae!! {{{{{treasurymae}}}} There are days I just wish my hubby just wouldn't come home AT ALL. He's much better now that he's on Lexapro and Wellbutrin. But I know how those days go. You don't know what mood he'll be in when he gets home. Is he gonna gripe and moan or what??? I live like this every day and it's not fun.

ImaGApeach
10-11-2003, 08:59 PM
{{{{treasurymae}}}}}
I am BP and not on meds right now and I feel my DH is BP also but he does not believe in PDocs or taking meds like that he just self medicates hisself with drugs/alcohol and you never know what to expect from him. I feel for you-I hope things get better for you.

Unicornmom77
10-11-2003, 09:48 PM
hugs 4 ya hun! and kids 2

treasurymae
10-12-2003, 05:29 AM
thank you all for the hugs.

I feel for all of u that have to go thru this too. "Hugs" to u also

DAVESBABYDOLL
10-12-2003, 07:04 AM
It will all work out {{{{{HUGS}}}}}