PDA

View Full Version : No one with me at hospital

belle5691
10-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Monday I go to the hospital for my hysterectomy--my parents have so graciously :rolleyes: told me they will be here to take me to hospital at 6 am..surgery is at 8...However, they will bring their Ford Ranger truck AND their dog...so their is barely room for me to get in--my husband cant...Our car broke down over 3 weeks ago and cannot get another one until the 16th. I wish my parents would not even stay. Would rather just be dropped off, take care of myself, and when its time to go home will figure out what to do then..:(

ieatalot
10-10-2003, 08:15 AM
thats really sad if they bring their pet in a truck to the hospital & sit there waiting for you until it is over. They won't be able to see you for close to 5 hours, depending how fast they prep you, get you in & get the operation done. Then there is recovery room & that wait is atleast an hour or more. Someone should report them for animal abuse over this.

I hope your operation goes well & that you have the help you will need at home. Please listen to your Dr.s about what NOT to do because you don't want scar tissue, its painful & very dangerous so please take good care of yourself.

If you live on a 2 story home, set up a bed on the first floor, you don't want to do steps for atleast 1- 1 1/2 weeks.

nooshu
10-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Aww-that stinks. I hate when people act so nonchalant about something that is such a big deal to us. I can only imagine how that makes you feel. Keep your head high and good luck.

Princess4J
10-10-2003, 08:18 AM
I'M SORRY TO HEAR YOUR HUBBY CAN'T BE W/ YOU.
IT'S HARD WHEN YOU ARE ALONE & GOING THROUGH
SOMETHING LIKE THAT. {{{HUGZ}}}

belle5691
10-10-2003, 08:22 AM
LOL---about the pet....Believe me, my dad will be outside with that animal. He has always treated that animal better than my brother or I EVER got. I doubt my dad will go in the hospital at all, will be walking the dog, playing with him, feeding him, all that nice stuff. I wish I had someone else to depend on right now because believe me, it wouldn't be them taking me to the hospital..Just kinda stuck right now I think.
Help I need at home:rolleyes: Well, my 13 year old son is a tremendous help....my husband--he just lets it not get done at all. Just not in a good mood about any of this. Ive been there for him through 3 heart attacks this year, a shoulder surgery, a bout with pneumonia...now he is in depression, and I really need someone...but its not going to happen here. Oh well, life has to get better when I get this done, get a car later in the week, then when I am recovered, am able to get back out and enjoy life---with or without him. :)

ieatalot
10-10-2003, 08:29 AM
I know what you mean about husbands, mine at the time brought me home & had me vacuuming & doing the dishes 4 or five days after I had mine done. That is how I learned about scar tissue.....the hard way!

It's time you turn the tables on him when he needs you or your help. Start taking care of only yourself & your son, it will pay off in the long run.

When I had mine, I told the X husband not to be at the hospital at all. Trust me, the first day is not very pleasant & you won't want company anyhow & you won't really remember anything about that day to begin with. Just have your parents or a friend drop you off at the door & do it alone. My X was there.......he stopped in after work.......& i told him just to leave (i think!) but I never was one that wanted company while in the hospital, you may be different.

As for the dog well I am glad that he isn't going to be locked up the whole day. Maybe your parents should realize that yes animals needs love & attention but so do their offspring.

belle5691
10-10-2003, 08:39 AM
That would be nice if parents learned that...but I dont see it happening with mine. How long should I figure being in hospital? It will be abdominal, with leaving both ovaries in. Heck, the way I feel right now about most people in my life I would take a permanent vacation in the hospital--when I finish with hysterectomy,they can move me to the floor with the padded rooms!

ieatalot
10-10-2003, 08:44 AM
I had a total abdominal on a Friday & I was home either on Monday or Tuesday.......I can't quite remember!

I had crappy parents too & no, they don't ever change!

momfromTN
10-10-2003, 08:47 AM
I want to make sure I am not misunderstanding. Is a HYSTERECTOMY done outpatient now? If so, that is outrageous. That is MAJOR surgery.
Take care of yourself. I know depression is a bad thing, but your DH needs to be there for you, after all you have done for him, IMO.

belle5691
10-10-2003, 08:49 AM
Not this one...it will be an inpatient procedure. Just not for sure how long I will be in...I know at least overnight. Wondering if I should expect longer?

ieatalot
10-10-2003, 08:49 AM
no you aren't released the same day. That would be impossible because they have way too many complications to look out for with this kind of surgery

ckerr4
10-10-2003, 09:32 AM
(((Belle))) I'm sorry:(

BigLyd1
10-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Belle, just remember we'll be thinking about you here.

I don't know about hysterectomies, but I do know that they like to kick you out of the hospital as soon as possible.

ieatalot
10-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Ravenlost
I was home for five weeks and for most of that five weeks I did very little...in the first week or so there was no way I could have done dishes, laundry, etc. It was hard to get up and down out of the bed!

That was why my health paid for that, I had trouble with scar tissue for 2 years until they were able to get it all burned off with some kind of chemical but by the 11th day after my surgery I felt great & was almost back to normal except I still feel funny when I touch my scar. I don't think I will ever get the total feeling sensation back around that scar & I had mine in 1995 at the age of 31.

ieatalot
10-10-2003, 10:07 AM
wow, that sounds nasty but why do Dr.s leave in one ovary? I wouldn't want to have to go through that again.

Also...I forget the girl's name that started this thread but make sure if they place you on estrigin (sp?) to take it properly & also have some blood work done after 4 months to see if they have you on the proper dose.

Soldierwif
10-10-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm so glad bell cleared up the animal issue. I'm sorry ieatalot you totally threw me off with your first reply. Let me tell you, You had me shaking my head the whole time I was reading your reply. I couldn't figure out how you came up with the reply you did. I thought I read bell's post wrong, & I reread it & still your reply didn't add up to what bell posted....lol

Anyway, I hope you (bell) have a fast recovery.

queenangie
10-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Sending you both hugs

and prayers!

Keep us posted how things are going for you!