PDA

View Full Version : Message at startsampling..

kjsmommie
10-10-2003, 03:34 AM
Note from StartSampling, Inc.
Posted Thursday October 09, 2003

Update on the FTM Program

At this time, we have discontinued prizes at the 1000 FTM level. Our partner, who administers the 1000 FTM level, has changed the focus of their business and will no longer be offering or supporting prizes.

As this was an unexpected turn of events, we do not know if we will be offering prizes at the 1000 FTM level in the future. We will provide you with additional information when available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

The StartSampling Team

jenny_pig
10-10-2003, 05:31 AM
Is it just me or does startsampling seem to be on a downward spiral? I hardly ever get samples anymore. I have a lot of 'frequent trier miles' but no way to spend them because I don't have a credit card to pay the outrageous postage and handling. (surely I'm not the only one)

KitKittyKat
10-10-2003, 05:49 AM
Never go there anymore. I signed up within a month of their debute on the web. Got two $50 checks and a sweatshirt as prizes before they majorly went down hill. Now there is no point in visiting this site. It is a joke. Can't get samples either now (not anything I want).:mad: :mad: :mad:

shamrock
10-10-2003, 06:08 AM
I have over 7,000 miles and I have never gone there and found anything available. So I rarely even check there anymore.

Snoopy25
10-10-2003, 06:35 AM
I have over 18,000 points and nothing has ever been available for me either. :mad:

GINGER
10-10-2003, 06:38 AM
I still check the site daily, but don't expect to find anything. Are there other freebie sites out there to try? If so, I would greatly appreciate the info.

gingerkaymckinne@netscape.net

Shadowcat_99
10-10-2003, 07:00 AM
I agree with everyone's post. I've written to them a few times, telling them how disappointed I've been with their Miles program, and their response is that it is a bonus, and that we're getting samples, and that should be enough.

Hrumph, I say :mad:. One of their big selling points when they started was the FF Mileage program. I have almost 17,000 miles, and I hate everything they are offering. It's all too cheesy, especially compared to what they use to offer (gift certificates to Amazon, color tv's, dvd players...), and don't get me started about the 1000 mile program that they've now discontinued... to have to pay s/h on each item, not just one rate for a lump of items, is absolutely ridiculous! Like I'm wanted to waste 1000 miles on a Spongebob Squarepants key chain, and then pay $5.95 s/h for it! :eek: It was a total outrage!

Start Sampling really needs to get they eye on the ball again. I personally think they should offer better quality name items at the 10000, 15000, and 20000 mile level then do all this smaller mileage thing.

And that's my .02 worth for today.

- TK

Willow
10-10-2003, 08:14 AM
I haven't even received any samples from them for months. I think they will be going under before too long.

belcherpi
10-10-2003, 08:35 AM
I have over 11,000 miles and nothing to use them on. I think they are nothing but a big joke anymore. When I first started with them, I got all kinds of things. I tried and tried for the DVD players they were giving away a couple months ago but of course I had no luck with that. I don't even go to startsampling anymore. It's just a waste as far as I'm concerned.:rolleyes:

marcy122
10-10-2003, 08:36 AM
I don't go there much anymore either. When I first found them, I went everyday, got good samples & a couple of good rewards. Not in the last year or so, though!
I think they're headed under, too.

peaceangle
10-11-2003, 07:57 AM
I know I can't believe it! I have all these miles and was trying for a dvd player, and nothing of coarse, all they have left is those stupid prizes at the 5000 level. It has been nice to get the samples, but man, I've been saving and saving for something nice, and now there is nothing, and don't think there is going to be either.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

twinkiesmom
10-11-2003, 06:02 PM
I signed up w/them in 2000. When their miles program went caput the first time in 2001 or something like that, I just stayed away. They can keep their miles, IMO.

hotwheelstx
10-11-2003, 10:01 PM
I have over 8,000 miles. They can keep them. I've received a couple of samples in the last 2 months or so. NOTHING that is worth mentioning, either. Not very impressed.

Keep the miles...Start Sampling. It's not worth the time, effort to receive nothing.

Cubbie
10-12-2003, 05:50 PM
I've been a member for almost 4 years and have over 14.000 miles and the only thing I've ever been able to order with my miles was a t-shirt. That site is a total joke...... :mad:

AngelGrim
10-14-2003, 07:32 PM
I don't even go there anymore, just gives me grief