PDA

View Full Version : OMG I cant believe this!! {vehical problem}

ttistin
10-09-2003, 05:58 PM
Ok our van was in the shop, dh took it down to get it hooked up to the machine to tell them what is wrong with it. Ok $55 there. That is all DH told him to do, hook it up and find out what is wrong so we can go from there. It says among things that the Oxigen senser is shot so without telling us he goes and puts a new one in, but the threads are messed up on the main part so he puts teflon tape on it. Hello that isnt going to hold dip#@$#. Dh goes to pick it up tonight and the guy tell him this, Dh is like that is never going to hold. The guy says yea I know:eek: So he pays them $180.00 for this cob job:mad: :mad:

Dh just pulls out of the drive way and POP there it goes, I am just so happy his boss decided to wait for him instead of just taking off. He takes it back and they are like "what happened?" Well duh crap head, what do you think!!

Now they say it will cost at least another $100 to fix it, AGAIN!!

I dont think they can do that can they? They knew they didnt fix it right, dh even told them it wasnt right. They said it was just barely held in there, just touch it and it would fall out. ok yea that is good.

Can they fix it like this knowing it was going to break again {soon} and then expect to get pain AGAIN to fix the same thing??

I cant wait to get something new:(

zitra
10-09-2003, 06:02 PM
((((HUGS))))
That SUCKS!

iowakat
10-09-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure but I think if he accepted the vehicle and paid for the work, that's the same as accepting it as fixed. Why were the threads stripped....did the mechanic do it? Good luck.

justme23
10-09-2003, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't pay and I'd tell him he f'ed it up and he needs to repair his mistake. We recently spent 700 dollars to have our car fixed... one of the things fixed was the replacement of a bolt that holds the tire on. Not even a week later hubby had a flat and had to change that very tire and the bolt just snapped off. I was FURIOUS to say the least. So we called up the guy who fixed it and he said 'buy another bolt and bring it in'. Which we did and he fixed for free. Even if you accept it as repaired the work should last more than out the driveway and other than buying parts, the job should be free... PERIOD. I'd also tell him that if he refused to fix it for free that you would have the vehicle towed somewhere else, all his work documented and hire a lawyer and pursue civil action against him for the work that he messed up and KNEW he messed up.

ttistin
10-10-2003, 04:43 AM
The thing that makes this all worse is the fact that this guy is my dh's uncle and he sold us the van 2 years ago, he fixed some things on it for us already and has never done this to us. He knows we are looking for a new vehical and I think he wants us to buy from him so he cob jobs the van togeather and offers this "really nice SUV" to us for a "good" deal. I am sorry but I am not going to buy from him again. He knew what he did to the van and He didnt care, all he wants is the money from us buying a new vehical from him.