PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to anyone here?

sstepp
10-09-2003, 02:58 PM
I just got a call from the Capital One Fraud protection center checking about recent activity on my card. Someone had made (3) $1 charges to Yahoo and a $384 charge to Eddie Bauer. I have gotten these before but they always turned out to be me doing the charging but not this time. I am so mad. I haven't even used this card in over 6 months so I have no idea how someone could have gotten the number. Thankfully I won't have to pay but now I'm really worried. Please let me know if this has happened to any of you before and if you ever found out how it happened.

Thanks,
sstepp

Xica
10-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Capital One's called several times today to speak with hubby. (we each have our own credit cards from before we got married) I thought perhaps it was about fraudulant activity but now I'm sure it is. Thanks for the heads up. I'll let you know if I'm wrong.

morris2b
10-10-2003, 06:38 AM
I hope it is capitol one fraud protection and not someone trying to get your cc information....Be careful you never know these days...

Xica
10-10-2003, 09:36 AM
DH called the number on the back of his credit card to speak with a rep. They said the fraud department was trying to get a hold of him to make sure the charges were on items he purchased. Luckily no one was making unauthorized charges on the card.

PrncsNYC
10-10-2003, 10:23 AM
yep. I had someone call from Chase and he talked normal until this one part of his speil and then he sped through it and I couldn't understand him. He wanted me to say yes to something but I asked him to repeat that part again 3 times bc he was obviously mumbling JUST that part. He hung up on me. I called chase and they said they didn't know anything about the call...

sstepp
10-10-2003, 10:50 AM
It was definitely Capital One because the message was left on my answering machine and I returned the call through the number on the back of my card. Worried me so much I called and checked all of my cards. Guess you never know.

sstepp