PDA

View Full Version : need advice on containg a pet....

visagirl
10-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Hello all,

I really need some advice. Myself, two kids and hubby are moving from Chicago to Tennessee, (probaly Brentwood or Franklin). We will be renting a house for the first year until we get to know the area. I have a black lab that we have had since we purchased our home and he is use to roaming free in our yard which is fenced. Now that we are renting, alot of the homes we looked at renting have very large yards and no fencing. I do not want to dig invisible fencing into someone else's property nor do I think an owner would want that. Does anyone have any solutions?

Also, what in your opinion is to make new friends when you know no one? I am pretty sure that I can make friends with moms at my kids new school but any other words of wisdom is appreciated.

Thanks

LadyBones
10-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Invisible fencing is a good idea, it does not go that far down into the ground...A few inches is all it needs.
If you don't want that, the only other thing a can recommend is a cable tie out. It's not a chain it's a cable. then you just tie your dog up. Or ask your landlord if you can get a kennel to put your dog in.
Thats the only ideas i have....
As for friends i'm sure you will make some at your childs school! and get to know your neighbors as well!
Good luck in your Move!

GeThang
10-05-2003, 06:19 PM
I was thinking the cable tie up too. That is how we always kept our dogs contained. Invisible fencing is great too. Some landlords don't have a prob with it.