PDA

View Full Version : Security!? What security!?

Vienna
10-05-2003, 02:16 PM
We recently moved into a new place, thinking it was more safe than the area that we were living in. This place is a gated community with hired security that makes rounds every 30 minutes. Well, the back gate exit has been stuck open for about two weeks, we live in the last building by that gate. Today when DH went to leave for work he got a nice suprise! Someone broke into our car, and trashed it. They tried to steal the stereo but only managed to rip the removeable face plate off, took a small cup of pennies (!?) and emptied out the console. Thankfully they didn't manage to get the whole stereo out, but finding a replacement face plate is going to be a real pain (seeing as I don't remember what model the stereo is, just that it's a sony :( ). Somehow in the process of ripping the glove compartment out they unhooked cables or something. Now the vents on the car do not work. UGH! :mad: :mad:

I guess this is a warning to everyone, no matter how 'safe' you think your neighborhood is. CHeck, double check, make sure you lock your car doors!! I kick myself in the rear thinking that I probably left that one door unlocked, all the rest were locked.

schsa
10-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Time to make a major complaint to the landlord. If they are offering security, they have some explaining to do. Especially with the back gate being broken.

FreebieCyn
10-05-2003, 05:16 PM
I agree with you....I would definately complain to the Management about this.....They have to be liable being that their gate was broke and there was suppose to be Security....I wish you the best of luck in getting everything fixed hun..........

Hugs,
Cyn

Vienna
10-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks you two. DH will definately be visiting the front office in the morning. Maybe now they will get on the ball and fix the gate.

Dolly<3
10-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Ew, I know how much it sucks to have your car broken into. :( About the face plate - I don't know if you can get it replaced. They ask for a lot of info when you call b/c people will steal them w/o the face plate and then need one. I don't know what the genius who broke into your car thinks he's going to do with the face plate. When my car got broken into once, the face plate wasn't on it, and they tried to steal the thing but just ended up breaking it. So I had to get a whole new one. You could check ebay for the face plate you need. Someone might have one for some reason, and you can see pics of it to see if it looks like the one you had. Good luck!

And good luck w/the landlord (?) too. Hey, what if it was a crooked security guard? :eek:

marcy122
10-05-2003, 09:29 PM
I have a faceplate, but it's a JVC.

My son's truck got broken into(in the work parking lot his first week!!!!!) & he hadn't taken the faceplate off. Anyway-- I got there to file the police report & when I leaned in the truck, the plate was still laying on the seat, but the stereo, amp & CDs were gone. What a brainiac-- I was more pi*sed than before! Then I had to get a new window for $200 bucks-- all together, just barely over the deductible. What a bite.
Anyway--I agree with everyone else--the complex should be responsible for your loss--when hubby goes in to raise hel* He should ask for the name of their insurance company. Probably wouldn't hurt to take pics of the broken gate, too.
Good luck!