PDA

View Full Version : Help with Xmas ideas?

Sarahsmom
10-05-2003, 07:42 AM
Hi
Christmas is just around the corner.
I like others need ideas for presents.
List the people you need ideas for.
Also help by giving ideas.

I am looking for suggestions for:

18 yr old college freshman daughter, likes Brithey Spears, Dance

18 yr old college freshman daughter's boyfriend, likes Michael Jordan and soccer.

Family of daughters boyfiend, need suggestions for family gift.
this family mom, dad and 3 teens.

Family friends who lives miles away, last yr cost me more to ship presents to them than present. Looking for some kind of gift certificate idea or pre-sent gift box.
this family, mom, dad, 2 college kids.

-++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==-

Suggestion I have for teen girls.
Italian Charm bracelet--- just about any type of charm can be found on e-bay.
Dorm pants, hoodies, dangly shinney jewerly.
Cute bed sheets---JcPenny has neon bright sheets.
Custom made mouse pads, and Bed pillows.

Thanks for any suggestion.
Maybe we can all help make gift giving easier.

catssass
10-05-2003, 08:25 AM
For the college kids, if they live in a dorm, you could do a bath caddy type of thing with shampoo, conditioner, body wash etc. all in a carry to the bath caddy...if they live off campus, you could do a collapsable type of hamper with washing stuff in it and a roll of quarters(did this for my son)and they always can use GC's for food places...
and for the family, you could do a movie basket with popcorn, movie candy and GC's for movie rentals, or even get them movie theater coupons, all theaters have GC's

schsa
10-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Call a mall that is near where they live and find out the stores there. Then call about gift certificates especially for the teens. There is tons of stuff on line that you can order and have delivered so that you don't have to from hot sauces to angora sweaters.

Everyone I know is getting a gift certificate this year. Even gift certificates to Amazon.com should suit everyone in the family.

Danny
10-05-2003, 01:04 PM
As an add on to Schsa's idea - the malls around here have mall gift certificates - good for ANY store or restaurant in the mall

Taterbo
10-05-2003, 01:52 PM
For the college age kids GC to Music stores or Movie passes..If you have an area athletic team tickets to a game,team jersy's,GC to a sports type store.
His family..what about a nice floral arrangment or a fresh holiday wreath. At the the holiday times FTD and Telefloral have some really nice things out and you can have them wired and delivered to arrive a few days before the holiday so they can be enjoyed for a long time.
Same thing for your friends that are a long ways away also some florist have fruit baskets that are nice also. Your friends also may like the movie passes or a gift card from American Express or a prepaid Visa/MC with a note to use it for a special night out on the town. They could use it for a dinner out. Some of the chain resturants have gift cards also, so if you know a certain place they like to go, you could get one from there. Another thing is GC to a grocery store.
Good luck hope you get a ton of ideas...

Sarahsmom
10-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Last year I did the gift basket with the blockbuster gc and popcorn, candy and soda, few other things.

My daughter is looking for something very special for boyfriend for xmas. something that you don't just go out and get. She made him a scrapbook for there 1 yr.
We have a big fair (THe Big E)here and we went all over looking for something really special and came away with nothing.
They have been going together for a little over a year. And I must say they are made for each other, he is a keeper.

We need something special for him, and personal for her.
HELP

sea-shell
10-06-2003, 03:33 AM
I have gift certificates available for my website. Email me if interested.