PDA

View Full Version : Read any good spiritual books lately?

dsouder
10-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Need a positive uplifting book to dig into? I am reading "Rumors of another World" by Philip Yancey right now and it is a TRIP! Funny, interesting, and you feel like you are having a conversation with the author. Anyone heard about the "Body Works" exhibit traveling around Europe? YYYYikes, weird! Info on that is at the beginning of the book, the things that science can do these days . . .

Princess4J
10-03-2003, 07:15 PM
"EMBRACED BY THE LIGHT" BY BETTY J EADIE.
I'M READING HER OTHER BOOK RIGHT NOW -
"THE AWAKENING HEART"

THEY ARE ABOUT THE MOST PROFOUND & COMPLETE NEAR-
DEATH EXPERIANCE EVER.

HERE'S TWO PARAGRAGHS FROM THE FIRST BOOK;

THERE IS FROM A CHAPTER
"THE DRUNKEN MAN"
IN THIS CHAPTER A HOMELESS MAN'S SPIRIT IS REVEALED TO THE AUTHOR.
THIS IS FROM THE BOOK -

HIS SPIRIT WAS REVEALED TO ME, & I SAW A MAGNIFCENT MAN, FULL OF LIGHT. LOVE EMANATED FROM HIS BEING, & I UNDERSTOOD THAT HE WAS GREATLY ADMIRED IN THE HEAVENS. THIS GREAT BEING CAME TO EARTH AS A TEACHER TO HELP A FRIEND THAT HE HAD SPIRITUALLY BONDED WITH.

(PG 97)

During this view of pre-mortal existence,
I was inpressed by the beauty and glory of each spirit.
I knew that I had been there before, that each of us had,
and that we had been filled with light and beauty.
Then the thought came to me, referring to us all
" If you could see yourself before you were born,
you would be amazed at your intelligence and glory.
Birth is a sleep and a Forgetting".

http://www.embracedbythelight.com/index.html

sivohdarba
10-03-2003, 08:25 PM
dsouder...I am reading that book too! I love it, and find it very interesting. I have never read anything from him before, but really like his style and what he has to say. I think this book is gonna be the "Bzzz" of the charts :p
--Embraced by the light is a great book too. I picked that one up when my mother passed away. It gave me so much comfort. There is so much great stuff out there these days. Just not the time to read them all!