PDA

View Full Version : Well its happened

mesue
10-02-2003, 11:18 PM
Today hubby had to go in to work 2 hours early, he left a little after 4am why you might ask, so they could lay him off and send him home before noon. We kept hearing rumor after rumor that they had gotten new contracts but that was just one more lie that was told. Their closing the plant down and only keeping just a few by seniorty another week to close it up for good. The economy is so bad here I doubt he will be able to find another job. I'm afraid we might have to move which would not bother me except that I would have to leave my Mom who depends on me for a lot of things.

Taterbo
10-02-2003, 11:23 PM
This stinks..Sorry to hear about the lays off..It is happening all over the country..Something needs to change soon.
Hope he finds a new job.

twinfawn
10-02-2003, 11:39 PM
I'm sorry Mesue, I know how you feel, my husband was laid off from a plant here where we live too, and we just about can't make it, I wish I could do something to help you....I will keep you in my prayers....

Dolly<3
10-03-2003, 01:01 AM
I feel for you. Especially since you might have to leave your mom. :( I hope it doesn't come to moving. Good luck.

nightrider127
10-03-2003, 05:52 AM
Been there, done that. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
Try to remember when one door closes, another one opens. I know this is hard to keep in mind at this time but in the end, it does work out this way.

jcw
10-03-2003, 06:11 AM
So sorry about this. Hope he finds another job real soon and you don't have to move

kelly12569
10-03-2003, 06:51 AM
((((((((((mesue))))))))))

there have been alot of layoffs in a near by city here too. My sil has been at her job since high school and she's 50 now. So we're talkin ALOT of senority and she may be getting laid off too :(

Tasha405
10-03-2003, 08:40 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope things get better for you. {{{Hugs}}}

I kinda know how you feel. My hubby was laid off in Jan and still hasn't found another job. He's going to school right now and drawing unemployment but that will end as soon as he's out of school in the spring. I have no idea what we will do then. We have no family here that can help us and I know we'll probably have to move. I just don't know where though. :(

callsheb
10-03-2003, 09:13 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your hubby i am scared and worried as we find out today if dh is one of the ones getting laid off today. I hope your dh finds a new job soon.

CABANN
10-03-2003, 09:18 AM
{{{{mesue}}}}

I hope everythings works out.

schsa
10-03-2003, 09:21 AM
Time to go back to school. Take the unemployment and if nothing is really available, come here. We have jobs galore. Our area is just booming with opportunity.

Princess4J
10-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by nightrider127

Try to remember when one door closes, another one opens. I know this is hard to keep in mind at this time but in the end, it does work out this way.

SO TRUE. 3 YRS AGO RIGHT AFTER I HAD MY SON, HUBBY FOUND OUT HIS POSTION HAS BEEN ELIMINATED, HE HAD A JOB FOR ONLY 4 MORE MONTHS.
HE FOUND ANOTHE JOB, A LITTLE BIT BETTER W/ ONLY A WEEK LEFT OF THE OTHER. AFTER 2 YRS, GUESS WHAT ? IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE TO KEEP
THAT PLANT OPEN IN CALIF. SO AGAIN HE WAS BEING TOLD SORRY,
WE HAVE NO PSOSTIONS FOR YOU TO TRANSFER TO. AGAIN
LAST MINUTE HE WAS ABLE TO FIND ANOTHER JOB.
THIS ONE IS THE BEST. HAVE FAITH, TRY TO STAY STRONG.