PDA

View Full Version : grrr trade and bad trader list question

monkeygirl
09-24-2003, 11:00 PM
I sold 4 dvds to someone who said they'd send cash (i said ayor) I never got the money. That was probably at the beginning of the summer and I've waited this long for it. About half way through I offered to send 2 of them in case the mail was slow/ had faith that she'd sent it and felt bad if it had been lost. She said no she wanted to wait. The other day I got an email from her saying that she would just write it off as a bad trade and she wasn't surprised because I was on a bad trader list. So my question is what bad trader list could I be on and wouldn't they notify me or ask my side before putting me on it? I've had one trade that I sent the money and somehow switched letters on an envelope so I got it back and didn't realize I'd messed up but I did resend to the right address. Also one time i sent 2 packaged to the wrong people but fixed that as best i could too. I'm not sure what else would make me be on one. I now have my doubts about her sending the money so she may have just said that too.

Willow
09-25-2003, 06:01 AM
just bumping

ImaGApeach
09-25-2003, 06:20 AM
I really can't help you any-I have not seen your name on any of the bad traders lists I have seen-I hope you get things straightened out-I have never understood why anyone would want to send cash anyways in the mail.

Willow
09-25-2003, 06:28 AM
There is an actual Yahoo group that pertains to bad traders and they have a very big list. About a year ago I joined because I wanted to become aware of bad traders but I ended up unsubscribing from it after about a week. Someone here might have the link.

BeanieLuvR
09-25-2003, 07:12 AM
This list was posted in OT a few weeks ago. Your name is on it. I have no idea why b/c I don`t do trades. I also read that if you sign up for an exchange and don`t send your end then you get added to the list. HTH

here is an update from sept 10
1.. sassiebo

2.. shylvgirl

3..carollin

4..candice

5..moonmamama

6..cayce_25

7..mauiorchild (was super late on sending exchanges, no positive on
current status)

8...icequeen455434

9.. monkeygirl

10..anglemom

11..Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee (was super late on sending exchanges, no
positive on current status)

12... Iggysgirl

13...Elusive Butterfly ~ AKA slashsteelsbutterfly (was super late on
sending exchanges, no positive on current status)

14... H2223M

15...noluckwv

16...Zohanna

17...Cayce25

18...hOObastank

19...the1bea

20...imthe1uwan

21...LIZARD1 (says that her sister did all the bad trading on the
boards... I don't know her, & I would use your own judgement)

22...shadowcat22

23...CRAZYFORBEENIES ~ AKA Malika

24...freebgurl

25...Meridian

26...ModelJane

27...JaJeMel

28...CuteKitten

29... princesskitty21

30...danielkorbel

31... _Chrisforlife

32...XxSasseyxX

33...Sanitychek

34...nlarson

35...hhallam

36...amb22

37...Amanda2181

38...OOAmandaOO

39...mandyjo41240

40...Danielle81

41...paininthebutt

42...SheltonX5

tigerskiss1963
09-25-2003, 10:03 AM
it looks like people are quick to put sellers on bad trader list
i saw the list to at yahoo.
i am a member but dam thats alot from this board i like giving people second chances and thirds i have not put any name on that list i dont think i could because people have given me chances i know i have been slow some times.

Quaker_Parrots
09-25-2003, 10:09 AM
http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?threadid=292179&highlight=monkeygirl

Here is her feedback, she has 1(yes one) negative out of 29 feedback replies. and that negative was a long time ago. I do not understand why she is on the list, if that is it. And if it was because of a bad exchage, why didn't they put that in her feedback? or at least give a reason she was on the list in the first place? Here is the link about the list too: http://bigbigforums.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=317984

spongebob
09-25-2003, 11:02 AM
number 14 did come though on hers, i have asked for her to be removed. it was a motherday exchange.. that i started..

Willow
09-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Is being late not a good enough reason to be considered a bad trader? I'm not trying to start trouble. It's an honest question. I'm asking because of a situation that I had with someone on eBay. She was very late getting my item to me. I finally did receive the item but it took an awfully long time and that isn't someone I would want to do business with again. I think people should be made aware of that so it doesn't happen to them. I know eBay is different from the for/sale trade forum but I know of one Yahoo list that is compiled with names of bad traders, and sellers and some of them are from eBay.

Quaker_Parrots
09-25-2003, 12:29 PM
I agree, you should be let known if a trader is slow to ship, but to put a person on a bad trader list and given no explanation? that isn't right.

tigerskiss1963
09-25-2003, 12:54 PM
if your going put some one on abad traders list dont you think the person should get reason why i have had a few slow trades
but i did not want to do that to the person i guess its just me being
kind and giving and yes i have had trades go bad.
but i know that not all are like that.

Willow
09-25-2003, 01:50 PM
Yes, I think they should have a chance to explain their situation. I do feel bad for those that were put on a list for being late one time and not being able to explain why but there are so many others who like to take advantage of people and do it time and time again.

ImaGApeach
09-25-2003, 05:38 PM
if they do not have a chance to explain theirselves that mean anyone that did not like them or for whatever reason could put them on the bad traders list and that does not seem fair to me-and being late if they kept in touch and explained to me that they were having problems but i got the items i would not put them on the badtraders list

monkeygirl
09-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks everyone. I just couldn't understand why a person would be put on a bad trader list without being contacted about their side of the story first or even informed that they were on it. I have no idea why I was put on it or who did it. The one bad feedback I have here I had some computer problems and when I offered to pay for the items a week later she'd already left the feedback and relisted and she never changed the feedback. Anyway most people I've traded with are great so I wont let that experience ruin it. Thanks again

GeThang
09-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Anyone have a link to the bad traders yahoo group? I'd like to take a look see. Whoever has it can just PM it to me. :) Thanks!

Dolly<3
10-01-2003, 04:01 AM
I would think that the person would be given a warning or a chance to tell their side of the story before being listed as a bad trader. It seems only fair.

hiltonqueen
10-02-2003, 11:32 AM
It's my club & I compiled the list via BBS members. I don't belong to other club, this is the only place that I help.

I tried PMing members at first, but it was a poor response, time consuming, & a waste of time. I have put a disclaimer on occation, asking people if they know someone on the list that should not be there, to please email me.
There are some of you that are seeing red because your on the list & all you have to do is email me or PM me & tell me what happened & ask to be removed. I'm not mean, I'm just looking out for people.... someone has to!
Unfortunatly, people hang on to things... and if you say, was really late on a trade, some people won't know that it was resolved... it just sits there untill it's brought up again later.
Yes, life happens, no doubt about that, but when someone makes a commitment & doesn't follow through, it makes the trader less trustfull. Usually when "life happens", the perp isn't on the boards & becomes awall... what are you suppose to think, when there isn't anything to go on?
Just remember, that it can happen to you as long as your trading & doing exchanges... no-one is exempt.

No flames please.