PDA

View Full Version : work ??

woleys
09-24-2003, 01:43 PM
I was wondering can anyone tell me does a company have to give you a "check stub" when you get paid. I am not for sure if thats what its called or not......the paper you get with your check that has your hours, pay etc on it???

TIA

zitra
09-24-2003, 01:48 PM
I have always gotten one anywhere I have ever worked..Hubby's jobs have always given him a check stub as well, until he got direct deposit, and then he didn't need one becuase if he needed to prove how much he made, he could just get his bank statement.

tiffany21
09-24-2003, 01:51 PM
yes you should get one with each check. it shows all the taxes they have taken out.

Kelsey1224
09-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Yes...you should get one which itemizes everything. Even if your check is direct deposited, you should get an "advice of payment" with the breakdown.

woleys
09-24-2003, 02:07 PM
so if a company is not giving a check stub is that illegal and should it be reported the labor board?

Kelsey1224
09-24-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by woleys
so if a company is not giving a check stub is that illegal and should it be reported the labor board?

Labor laws vary from state to state. I don't know if it is actually "illegal" in Arkansas. That would mean that there was a law stating that employers need to provide one.

I would call the local Employment Department (or as some people call it...the Unemployment office). They would know. Or, if you have a state labor board...give them a call and ask them.

I found the link to the Labor Board of Arkansas:

http://www.ark.org/labor/

I tried searching the regs for specifics on wage reporting (i.e., pay stubs) but couldn't find anything.

Hope this helps you.

woleys
09-24-2003, 03:35 PM
Thank you so much! I really do appreciate your help. :)