PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Christmas.....

LadyBones
09-24-2003, 12:02 PM
How old were your kid's when they found out there was no such thing as "Santa Clause"?

My oldest son told me he knew when he was around 8 or so, My 13 yr old son was told about 10 or 11 years old, But My 8 year old son still think's there is a Santa Clause.
His friends try to tell him there is none, but DH and i and his older brothers tell him there still is. In a way i wish he knew there is no Santa, But in another way i want him to always believe! I love watching his face on christmas morning!

His best friend is 9 and she has known since she was 7! they celebrate christmas sometimes a week earlier and it really confuses my son. I just tell him they do things different over there.

VenusA423
09-24-2003, 01:26 PM
What?!? There's no Santa Claus?! :D I was 7 or 8, a friend told me the Tooth Fairy wasn't real :eek: and I just figured that it was the same for Santa and the Easter Bunny. My daughter is 16 months, so she doesn't have a clue either way. :D

sharinbo
09-24-2003, 01:35 PM
I was about 7, and it happened when I recognized my mom's handwriting on a gift bag from "Santa".

Dolly<3
09-24-2003, 01:37 PM
I don't remember how old I was or how I found out. I remember having suspicions when I was around 6 or 7 because I found the gifts, so that's probably when. My mom still writes from Santa on some of the gifts though. :D

zitra
09-24-2003, 01:39 PM
My oldest is 10..and he will never be told (by a member of the family). If he figures it out on his own fine, but I think kids grow up too fast, and should be allowed to beleive as long as they can.

Ladytiger
09-24-2003, 01:40 PM
LOL-The giftwrap gave this "Santa" away.
DD saw me wrapping gifts with the same wrapping paper that *one* of her gifts from Santa was in.
Little imp didn't tell me that until she was ten-she figured it out before then but didn't want to hurt *my* feelings, thinking that I still believed in Santa LOL
Then she made me a list of impossible things that Santa does. There went that!

zitra
09-24-2003, 01:43 PM
We do not wrap gifts from santa..they are left, unwrapped under the tree, late Christmas Eve, with tags

LadyBones
09-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Ladytiger
LOL-The giftwrap gave this "Santa" away.
DD saw me wrapping gifts with the same wrapping paper that *one* of her gifts from Santa was in.
Little imp didn't tell me that until she was ten-she figured it out before then but didn't want to hurt *my* feelings, thinking that I still believed in Santa LOL
Then she made me a list of impossible things that Santa does. There went that!

LOL i always kept the gift wrap out and told my kids, if Santa need's extra, I'll save it for him, With so many children he has to deliver to, this will help him out!
My boys never questioned it...lol :D

Unicornmom77
09-24-2003, 02:06 PM
I use "santa" paper for gifts from santa and it is keep put up and thrown away if any is left!! They kinda know, because we consintrate on the real reason for the season.

My kids r 8 , 6, and 4

Mini
09-24-2003, 02:09 PM
I'm not exactly sure but our family has never really been into the whole Santa thing. But my dads friend still asks me what Santas bringing me every single year:D Sorta makes me feel like a kid again..for a few minutes:D

Angelseyes28
09-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by zitra
We do not wrap gifts from santa..they are left, unwrapped under the tree, late Christmas Eve, with tags

LOL that's exactly what we do too:D And I always make sure that Santa makes a mess with the cookies and hot chocolate. That way I can make a big show Christmas morning about having to clean up after a messy fat man;):D

twinfawn
09-24-2003, 09:22 PM
My kids came home from their dads when they were 7 and 8 and told me their dad told them that there was no such thing as Santa, I was so mad and sad at the same time..They were my babies.....and he took the miracle of Christmas away from them...My son was so sad......:(

ibbygayle
09-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by twinfawn
My kids came home from their dads when they were 7 and 8 and told me their dad told them that there was no such thing as Santa, I was so mad and sad at the same time..They were my babies.....and he took the miracle of Christmas away from them...My son was so sad......:(

Thats horrible. I can understand how you feel. I want my sons to believe for a long time. They are 5 and 3 right now and my 5 year old just started Kindergarten so I'm sure he'll hear about it from someone. I just hate it when somebody (especially a grownup) tells a child there is no Santa.

We do the cookie and milk thing too and it is so cute to see them checking out the plate and glass. My 3 year old asked me in July to make cookies and leave some out with milk that night so Santa would bring him so presents :p ;) .

twinfawn
09-24-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted from ibbigial: Thats horrible. I can understand how you feel. I want my sons to believe for a long time. They are 5 and 3 right now and my 5 year old just started Kindergarten so I'm sure he'll hear about it from someone. I just hate it when somebody (especially a grownup) tells a child there is no Santa.

Oh yeah just seeing his little face , he was looking at me for the truth, I could see it in his eyes. I wan't to kill his dad at that moment...But that was one of many moments.....But that was 4 years ago, and he is fine, bur he is my one and I miss playing Santa.....:(

ocvachick
09-24-2003, 10:41 PM
I was extremely young.... 5 or 6... caught mom and dad every year from the time i was 4 and then finally figured it out no later than first grade.

my sister was about 9 when she stopped believing.

callsheb
09-25-2003, 08:32 AM
my son was 9 when dh told our now 22yr old that there was no santa it upset him so bad he cried over it so now with my granddaugther she will find out by herself and noone in our family will tell her she is 6yr old now to this day our son tells us it was so upsetting for him when he was told that he will never tell his son. We thought since our daughters knew and excepted it well dh thought it was time to tell him wrong i wished he never had to see my son so upset that day will stick with me forever.

HumblePie98
09-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Unicornmom77
I use "santa" paper for gifts from santa and it is keep put up and thrown away if any is left!! They kinda know, because we consintrate on the real reason for the season.

My kids r 8 , 6, and 4

I use SANTA paper too! My mom did that for us! She even used to take red paper and make little mittens for tags!

My Little brother in law didn't know there wasn't a Santa or Easter Bunny until he was 12. (I really thought that was extreme.) He was totally crushed! If he had know sooner I think It could have been avoided.

My little guy has no clue. He is just excited to know that Santa is comming soon!