PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Easy Disk

Kelsey1224
09-24-2003, 10:08 AM
I just got this package in the mail and it has lots of neat stuff. I think it was in response to a survey I took a couple of months ago.

It comes with an "Easy Disk Manual"...but I'm not sure what an Easy Disk is. There is also a CD which says Easy Disk Manual Drive and Tool.

The package includes this little baby mouse on a retractible cord, a pair of ear phones (also with retractible cord), a small plastic thing...round at one end with a USB port at the other with the words 64 MB printed on it (I think this is the Easy Disk), as well as some other cords...one with USB ports at both ends and the other with a USB port at one end and then a "square" port at the other end. This particular cord is also in a retractable case where when you pull one end of the cord, the other extends. (Doncha all love my computereze...LOL.)

Also included was a canvas bag to hold everything and a REALLY nice pen with the name Siebel/Microsoft on it.

By the way...the manual says that the USB Flash Disk is a mini-removable electronic hard disk with the storage media of flash memory.

Now can some of you tech-geeks explain what it is that I got???

Quaker_Parrots
09-24-2003, 10:13 AM
http://www.flashmemorycenter.com/Easy-Disk.html
Easy Disk
Okay, I used to get very confused about the difference between the Easy Disk, or the EZ hard drive, and the pen drive. But the reality is that they are all variations on the same thing. They are all flash memory centers, but the Easy Disk doesn't necessarily have the same stick shape you'll find on a pen drive.

An Easy Disk is simply a portable hard drive. It uses flash memory as the center of its storage capacity. No matter what its shape, the Easy Disk is compact, lightweight, durable and simple to use.

As with all flash memory centers, the capacity of an Easy Disk can range. You can find USB hard drive sizes between 16 MB to 512 MB. Easy Disk offers amazing convenience, due to their size and the way they plug easily into your computer's USB port.

The Ease of Easy Disk
There's a reason these hard drives use the name Easy Disk. They truly are ridiculously simple. Easy Disks are flash memory centers that are immediately recognized once they are inserted into the USB port. They require no installation drivers, and therefore save you a great deal of time.

Kelsey1224
09-24-2003, 11:29 AM
WOW...Thanks for the information. So...this is like a floppy disk, only with more memory?