PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody started their holiday gift shopping yet?

cinnamon-butter
09-22-2003, 04:35 AM
I have. I bought two gifts so far.

Dolly<3
09-22-2003, 05:10 AM
I'm just now starting. I'm so excited! :D :D

sea-shell
09-22-2003, 05:16 AM
I haven't started yet but have had quite a few people order candles for gifts already.

VenusA423
09-22-2003, 05:23 AM
I got lots of stuff while I was in FL in Feb. at one of the outlet malls. Lots of stuff was on clearance. Been picking up things here and there since then. I usually wait until the last minute, too and end up broker than broke. Don't want that to happen this year. Think I need to pick up the pace a little. :p

Lori63
09-22-2003, 05:28 AM
I've bought a magazine for my husband's stocking, and have two free cans of cat food for my kitty. I'm getting my list ready, and I've accumulated GC's through reward programs, so I'm almost ready to go.

ImaGApeach
09-22-2003, 05:48 AM
I have got alot of stuff already except for a few items I am almost done-last year I was still looking Christmas Eve-I definitely do not want to do that again

MsPiggy44
09-22-2003, 05:48 AM
So far I have bought 3 gifts. I don't like to wait until the last minute.

DBackFan
09-22-2003, 05:52 AM
started? I am almost done..lol

sprintx
09-22-2003, 05:54 AM
Yes I always scoop up those free shipping clearance toys from Amazon this time of year. Saves a lot of time and money.

Angelseyes28
09-22-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by DBackFan
started? I am almost done..lol

LOL I thought I was the only one!:D

twinkiesmom
09-22-2003, 06:32 AM
I got 2 bigger bikes for the kids for next year since Meijer had a sale on em a month ago. Dunno if they will be Xmas presents or bd presents in spring. Otherwise, I haven't even thought of holiday shopping yet.

Lisa03
09-22-2003, 06:39 AM
I've gotten all of my Christmas shopping done on Labor Day

I figured I might as well get it over with and my job is slow also

didn't want to wait and not have a job possibly

zitra
09-22-2003, 06:50 AM
I STARTED IN JANUARY!! LOL!

MySonNick1
09-22-2003, 06:52 AM
I started mine in January.

sharinbo
09-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Argh! I'm dying to start but can't until we get our prize money, (and money from selling the other prizes, lol). This is my first Christmas pregnant, so I'm sure my family will give me baby stuff.... not sure what to even get for most of them. (Other than my brothers who have a list a mile long lol)

Unicornmom77
09-22-2003, 07:05 AM
I am a last min shopper! We try and focus on the reason for the season instead of gifts, I wait until family and friends have gotten their gifts for the kids, and I add to them If needed, We might buy somthing for each other, but not ussually. We don't shop for anyone not in our house! Just to much stress and not enough money! Plus it takes the focus of why we really celebrate!

But I do love to shop!! Just dont do a whole lot LOL!

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-22-2003, 07:22 AM
yes, I have,got some things at our town street fair.I start every year in mid year.

LindaL.
09-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Lol I have my list right in front of me...lol. I have to shop for approx. 22 people/families. And so far I have 12 of them done. And know what I'm getting for 9 of the others. just havne't decided what to get my hubby. I have plenty of time left though so I'm sure I'll find something perfect.

the1bea
09-22-2003, 07:44 AM
I have started my shopping and I am almost done. I have got my Mil, FIL, SIL, her hubby and kids. I have stuff for my parents, and a few things for my son. The only thing that I really have to worry about is the hubby. I am making most of my gifts (blankets, pillowcases) so I have to start early. I have to make a Blues Clues blanket for my son, he saw the fabric at WalMart and wanted it so bad. And I am making him SpongeBob jammies. I made him a Clifford blanket for easter and he sleeps with it every night.

schsa
09-22-2003, 07:57 AM
Everyone is getting a gift certificate this year. I expect to get on the phone on December 1 at 9 am and be done by 9:30 am. I am not shopping or going out with the crowds this year like I did last year. It made me crazy! And I hate shopping.

cleaningla
09-22-2003, 08:40 AM
I've started thinking about it. It's so much different after the kids have grown up. It's still fun. Oh wait a minute, I have a Vikings jacket I got at HSN for $11 for my brother. I have one present so far. :)

Gherky
09-22-2003, 10:41 AM
I've gotten 8 so far.

*StarDust*
09-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Ha Ha I usually go the week before X-mas LOL

I'm going to try, TRY and get most of it done this
year a lot sooner hopefully LOL;)

Princess4J
09-22-2003, 11:02 AM
WE DECIDED TO GIVE THE 3 OLDER KIDS
MONEY, SINCE THEY ARE SO PICKY ABOUT CLOTHES & STUFF.
I WANT TO BUY THEM EACH ONE OF THOSE MAZES THINGS.
YOU CAN PUT MONEY OR GC IN IT, BUT THEY CAN'T OPEN IT
TILL THEY DO THE MAZE / PUZZLE.

AS FOR OUR LITTLE ONES;
I HAVE BOUGHT THEM EACH 3 THINGS SO FAR.
I SAW AT SAM'S CLUB YESTERDAY A TRAIN SET, LIKE
THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE, HAS THE TABLE, TRAINS, TRACKS
& BINS UNDER THE TABLE FOR STORAGE ALL FOR $153.
I WANT TO GET THAT FOR MY 3 YR SON.

WE DON'T HAVE EXTENDED FAMILY TO BUY FOR.

janelle
09-22-2003, 01:14 PM
I always keep a gift box and add to it throughout the year. All the gift exchanges on BBS has depleted it on occasion so I keep filling it. I have a lot now since we haven't had an exchange in so long. I mostly just have to shop for the harder ones like my FIL around Christmas. My hubby goes nuts when I buy something during the year but he is happy come Christmas time and I tell him I only have a few more gifts to get.:p

nanajoanie
09-22-2003, 01:38 PM
Don't mean to brag but I'm about done. For me I MUST be done BEFORE Halloween. Reason: time to start baking and freezing holiday goodies:)

janelle
09-22-2003, 02:10 PM
MMMMM, I'd love to be at your house at Christmas with all those goodies. :p

flute
09-22-2003, 03:26 PM
bought 1 gift, a week ago saturday. Going to pick up 2 more, or send off for them, this coming friday :)

luceones
09-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Am about half way done. I am trying to buy one or two gifts per paycheck so it will all be done a few weeks before Christmas-that way I can decorate and bake to my hearts content!

ladybugva
09-22-2003, 07:23 PM
Since we don't charge christmas I definatly have to start early. I have several people completly done and some have a good start on them. but still have a ways to go.

hotwheelstx
09-22-2003, 10:52 PM
I'm basically done except for a few odds and ends (new things that come out that someone might want).

Always been a year around shopper. Kind of have to be.

Birthdays in December

Mom's (mine) Dec. 6
Scooby's Dec. 6 (yes, same day as mom's)

Dad's (mine) Dec. 28
Aggie's Brother Dec. 18
Aggie's Dec. 31
Close friend Dec. 19
Aunt Dec. 1
Stepson Dec. 30
Aggie's Dad Dec. 23
Girlfriend's dd Dec. 12
Granddad's Dec. 24

Then, to top that all off Aggie and I were married Dec. 15....10 days before Christmas. So, he lucks out anniversary gift, Christmas and birthdays.

Need to get my butt in gear and start wrapping. I basically have everything that I want/need.

Boy, am I happy I was born in the spring. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

hotwheelstx
I'm basically done except for a few odds and ends (new things that come out that someone might want).

Birthdays in December

Mom's (mine) Dec. 6

Dad's (mine) Dec. 28
Aggie's Brother Dec. 18
Aggie's Dec. 31
Close friend Dec. 19
Aunt Dec. 1
Stepson Dec. 30
Aggie's Dad Dec. 23
Girlfriend's dd Dec. 12
Granddad's Dec. 24

Then, to top that all off Aggie and I were married Dec. 15....10 days before Christmas. So, he lucks out anniversary gift, Christmas and birthdays.

Need to get my butt in gear and start wrapping. I basically have everything that I want/need.

hotwheelstx

Birthdays in December

Mom's (mine) Dec. 6

Dad's (mine) Dec. 28
Aggie's Brother Dec. 18
Aggie's Dec. 31
Close friend Dec. 19
Aunt Dec. 1
Stepson Dec. 30
Aggie's Dad Dec. 23
Girlfriend's dd Dec. 12
Granddad's Dec. 24

Then, to top that all off Aggie and I were married Dec. 15....10 days before Christmas. So, he lucks out anniversary gift, Christmas, birthday.

Need to get my butt in gear, start wrapping. I basically have everything that I want/need.