PDA

View Full Version : I Got An Idea???? Whata Think???

brooks45
09-20-2003, 09:40 PM
I HAVE BEEN READING ALL THE SAD STORYS OF THE AFTERMATH OF HURRICANE ISABEL AND SEEN PICS IN THE NEWS!

THERE IS THIS ONE LADY OUT OF 100S IF NOT 1000S THAT LOST THERE HOMES WITH NO HOME OWNERS INSURANCE

SHE IS 90 YEARS OLD AND WAS LEFT WITH NOTHING BUT A SUITCASE OF CLOTHS TO HER NAME AFTER THE AFTERMATH OF HURRICANE ISABEL,SHE LIVED IN HER HOME FOR 30 YEARS AND HAD NO HOME INSURANCE

I THOUGHT ABOUT GETTING A CARE PACKAGE TOGETHER FOR HER,BUT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET IT TO HER AS SHE DONT HAVE A HOME NOW!

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I MIGHT GET THIS DELIVERED TO HER,ANYWAY OF IT REACHING HER BY REQUESTING THAT THE POST OFFICE FORWARDS IT TO THE RIGHT LOCATION!

THERE WHERE LOTS OF SAD SITUATIONS BUT THIS ONE REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART BECAUSE MY MOM IS 85 AND I KNOW HOW SHE WOULD FEEL IF SHE LOST HER HOME! IT IS VERY HEART BREAKING!

ANY SUGGESTION WOULD BE GREAT,,THANX IN ADVANCE!!

Hi_Ya!
09-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Try e-mailing CNN and see if they can help? :)

erniemarie
09-20-2003, 10:10 PM
the destruction and devastation is terrible, but she will be helped, people with no insurance actually come out better because they are eligible for assistance through FEMA which basically replaces everything and anything and does it very quickly, whereas with insurance you have to file a claim and go through miles of red tape, there are some people who do not get insurance on purpose because they know they will get more help and assistance without it (I know this from living on the outer banks of NC on Hatteras Island one of the areas hardest hit)

if you really want to help contact the news station you saw the story on and see if they will help you