PDA

View Full Version : Meatloaf well be at the fair!!!

janelle
09-10-2003, 11:57 PM
Does he have a web site?

http://www.meatloaf-oifc.com/meat/oifc1.htmhttp://www.meatloaf-multimedia.com/

http://www.qgm.com/meatloaf/

Quite a few.

sweet~n~sassy
09-11-2003, 06:05 AM
Meatloaf is one of my all time favs. I want so bad to go see him, but he isnt playing anywhere close to me :(

A few years ago my neighbor had tickets given to her to see him and she just threw them away because she had no clue who he was. I could have choked her.

adair
09-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Lucky you janelle. Meatloaf has some good music. Everytime I hear one of his songs I think of his role in "Rocky Horror Picture Show" as "Fast Eddie"

janelle
09-11-2003, 01:47 PM
I've just heard his music sporadically over the years but I like it. What I have heard of it.

Can anyone tell me about him? Is the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" where he got his start with the public? How did he bacome popular?

elsaleh01
09-11-2003, 02:36 PM
and i thouhgt you were talking about food.... Never heard of this person

katiebear
09-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Meatloaf is one of my very FAVORITE singers! People my age make fun of me for liking him (I'm only 22 and he's more popular with my parent's generation) but i don't care :) Freshman year of college, I had an old 70's poster of Meat in one of his white ruffled shirts back when he had Looong hair hanging on my dormroom wall- My roomate *hated* that poster, threatened to rip it down every day when she had boys over who looked at the poster then looked at her funny :) Mom went to see him in Atlantic City this past weekend and called me from the show...she said she had a great time!
Enjoy the fair!!

Willow
09-11-2003, 04:08 PM
I like some of his songs. I Would do Anything for Love is a good one. I'm not a huge fan but he has some okay songs.

GeThang
09-11-2003, 05:04 PM
I like some of his songs too. That is so cool that he is going to be playing close by to you :)

janelle
09-11-2003, 08:09 PM
I found his biography---

Marvin Lee Aday was a singer and occasional actor who, for reasons never definitively answered, recorded under the name Meat Loaf. In all likelihood a childhood nickname, the tag stuck, and many puns followed as the performer -- who tipped the scales at well over 300 pounds -- became one of the biggest chart acts of the 1970s before enjoying a commercial renaissance two decades later.

Meat Loaf was born in Dallas, Texas. The product of a family of gospel singers, he moved to Los Angeles in 1967 and formed a group known as both Meat Loaf Soul and Popcorn Blizzard. The band earned some renown through opening gigs in support of the Who, the Stooges, and Ted Nugent before Meat Loaf won a role in a West Coast production of the musical Hair. During a tour stop in Detroit, he and a fellow castmate named Stoney teamed to record the 1971 LP Stoney and Meat Loaf for Motown's Rare Earth imprint.

After a tenure in the off-Broadway production Rainbow (In New York), Meat Loaf earned a slot in More Than You Deserve, a musical written by classically-trained pianist Jim Steinman. An appearance in the cult film The Rocky Horror Picture Show followed, and in 1976 Meat Loaf also handled vocal duties on one side of Nugent's LP Free-for-All. Soon, Meat Loaf reteamed with Steinman for a tour with the National Lampoon Road Show, after which Steinman began composing a musical update of the Peter Pan story titled Never Land.

Ultimately, much of what Steinman composed for Never Land became absorbed into 1977's Bat Out of Hell , the album which made Meat Loaf a star. Produced by Todd Rundgren, the record was pure melodrama, a teen rock opera which spawned three Top 40 singles -- "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," "Paradise by the Dashboard Light," and "You Took the Words Right out of My Mouth" -- on its way to becoming one of the best-selling albums of the decade.

A sequel was planned, but in 1981 Steinman issued his own solo debut, Bad for Good. After Meat Loaf released his own
follow-up, Dead Ringer , rumors began flying, and it was reported that Loaf had been unable to record the songs which comprised the Steinman album due to physical and emotional problems. Eventually, Steinman filed suit against Meat Loaf and his label, Epic, and none of his songs appeared on the 1983 Meat Loaf effort Midnight at the Lost and Found. After subsequent records like 1984's Bad Attitude and 1986's Blind Before I Stop bombed, the singer declared bankruptcy and began physical and psychological rehabilitation to restore his road-ravaged voice.

After several years in relative obscurity, Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman reunited in 1993 for Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell , which continued the original's storyline and duplicated its thunderous sound. The follow-up proved almost as successful than the first Bat Out of Hell , selling over five million copies and yielding a massive hit single with "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)." Without Steinman, he returned in 1995 with Welcome to the Neighborhood.

julie_angel
09-11-2003, 10:07 PM
For some reason, I couldn't picture you being into Meatloaf's music, Janelle. No offense, I'm just surprised. If you get to see him, have fun.

janelle
09-11-2003, 10:23 PM
LOL, I have my moments. I am concerned about my hubby though. He doesn't care for off color language. I just hope he can't understand most of the lyrics. He usually doesn't.

He keeps me centered and I get him to loosen up sometimes. HAHAHAHA If Meat is kissing another guy though I'm outta there. Disappointed enough when George Michael went that way and I had the hots for him too. BOOHOO. Now whenever I watch the video I got of him it just takes away from the fantasy when I know he is singing to a guy about "Father Figure". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gherky
09-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Cool! Have fun at the fair! :)

smeans
09-12-2003, 06:02 AM
i LOVE meatloaf. one of my all time favs. have fun!!!