PDA

View Full Version : i have a taco sauce problem

elsaleh01
09-10-2003, 10:56 AM
My husband says im mental becuse i use the amount of taco sauce i do. I will only buy ortega, i should own stock in it, I keep like 4 jars in the cabinet. (hey who knows when we will need it lol) But the amount i use is huge. For like 3 taco salads (different days) i can use a whole bottle of it... On tacos i like to have the taste of the sauce not the meat or the cheese lol.... Oh well..... I just think its funny, and since i am eating a taco salad right now, the bottle is below half lol...

MamaFairal
09-10-2003, 11:00 AM
do you do this always? Sounds like a craving...lol
Are you preggo? Are you sure ??
No really....i love Tabasco sauce and crushed red pepper the same way!Put them on EVERYTHING!

elsaleh01
09-10-2003, 11:03 AM
no im not pregnant but i have done this my whole life lol.. Hubby thinks im just weird lol.... Ummm... the taste or ortega lol...

Gumball1960
09-10-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm the same way with the Ortega salsa. I can go thru a jar at a time. I miss when they used to put it out in the big 24oz. jars. :(

elsaleh01
09-10-2003, 02:40 PM
lol wow its not just me.... i dont do that with the other sauses old el paso or taco bell brand, just the ortega

Unicornmom77
09-10-2003, 02:43 PM
My hubby can use a whole jar of it also!! Maybe there is somthing in it!! Hmmmmmmmm

Gumball1960
09-10-2003, 02:53 PM
If you really use that much at one time, have you thought about buying it in bulk? Maybe in gallon jugs? I think GFS (Gordon Food Service) carries it in gallons. :D I can't get the salsa I want that way unless I order a case, but I've seen the taco sauce on the shelf there.

Gumball1960
09-10-2003, 02:59 PM
http://www.netgrocer.com/default.cfm?s=sws_ortega

They have quarts..

PrncsNYC
09-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Franks Red Hot here...tons of it...L-O-V-E it!!!!

Maeryn
09-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Ya wanna see some hot stuff??? Go to a Southeast Asian restaurant!

A lot of my co-workers are from SE Asia, and we have a fave restaurant a few blocks from the office. OMG, there's a tray on every table with hot sauce, chili sauce, all kinds of dried peppers. I've seen some of those guys dump some of EVERY CONTAINER ON THE TABLE into their food!! My eyes water just watching them eat. Even our friends who came here from Mexico and grew up eating raw hot peppers can't keep up with them.

These folks make the hot sauce lovers look like wusses. How can anybody eat that stuff??

PrncsNYC
09-11-2003, 12:03 PM
my parents are hot sauce FREAKS. they have a friend who owns a place called "Adventures in Heat" so they get lots of cool stuff. They have one that is in a medicine dropper bottle. (x-something) has skull and cross bones on it I think. It comes in a child-proof container like for pills! It's so hot that my mom ruined a batch of chili with just one drop. It was too hot to eat (and trust me, they have a high tolerance level for hot sauces! lol