PDA

View Full Version : hit the bottom tonight

mightyman
09-08-2003, 05:57 PM
ok here is the basic story

labor day 1999-valentines day 2000 - i lost 100lbs to down to 220

on valentines day i was going out with my tennis team so i went to a fancy mens store and bought some new $125 pair of pants - they looked so good on me and were the most expensive pair i have ever bought (my manager gets excited about spending that for a suit LOL) - the pants were a 44 size for slacks - i remember the man helping me coulnt believe how much i lost - i had to show him my drivers license to get him to believe me

so anyway - today i went back there as i have to meet with our ceo on thursday so i need to look decent - i bought size 54 pants

now that is the bottom - whats weird tho is im not depressed about it

anyway wanted to share and get it out of me

tsquared
09-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Dude if you are happy that is all that matters!! Its on the inside that counts and what is on the outside is not important and those who think it is are not worth having around.....Personality will take you farther than anything else in my humble weeeeeeeeeeeeee minded opinion.

GeThang
09-08-2003, 06:36 PM
I agree completely with T

mightyman
09-08-2003, 06:37 PM
im not happy

DOOFIS
09-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Then do whatever it was you did before when you lost all that weight. I need to lose that much. I wish I had the will power to do it.

DAVESBABYDOLL
09-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Ok mightyman...I pm'd you :)

we are going to be weight loss buddies, ok? ;)

julie_angel
09-08-2003, 07:17 PM
{{{{{mightyman}}}}} I'm sure you look great! As long as you are healthy, who cares what size pants you wear? Besides, just think how great you are going to look on that nice new couch!!!! Seriously, we are all here for you!!!

Dolly<3
09-08-2003, 07:32 PM
((((mighty)))) As a semi-single woman, I can honestly say that I couldn't care LESS about a man's size. Wait, that didn't sound right. :eek: What I mean is that I don't care how much a man weighs, or what size pants he wears. I honestly don't care AT ALL. I've dated all types of people in all shapes and sizes and I can say their physique says absolutely nothing about their personality. I know it's a cliche, but it's what's inside that matters. It's what's inside that's going to make you happy for the rest of your life - especially when what's outside changes!

Health is important too, but physical appearances don't matter to me, and the people it matters to DON'T MATTER. :p

Confidence is a big turn-on. You could be like um... Ralphy! From Last Comic Standing. Did anyone watch that? Well he was really big, and I would SO date him. He was funny and had a great personality. His g/f was about 100lbs. lol Anyway, it's not all about dating and all, but it's just that the most common reason to not like the way you look is b/c other people might not like it.

So don't care what other people think. Also, know that you're attractive no matter what size you are. :)

Oh! And it's OKAY that you gained the weight back. Don't beat yourself up over it. It happens. Things will fall into place for you, and when you're ready to lose the weight and keep it off, you will.

julie_angel
09-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Yeay, Amanda!!!! I couldn't say it better myself, I agree with EVERY single word you just said!!!!

My man is big, and that is the way I love him. If he loses weight, I will still love him. If he gains weight, I will sill love him just as much! I love him for his heart. If he looked like an alien, I would still love him. Nothing on the outside matters nearly as much as what is inside.;)

jaybird
09-08-2003, 07:59 PM
I have to say this. I think I know Allen (mightyman) fairly well, probably better than most people here. He's the age of my son and he's helped me with a couple things and we've talked on the phone many times. This is one dynamic guy. He's absolutely cool as ch*t and he has so much on the ball. He's in grad school and working full-time for a very prestigious corporation. His contributions at work are invaluable. He is warm, sweet, funny and just the absolute best guy. I'm very lucky to consider him a friend. And whether he's a size 54 or a size 34, his heart is as big as they come.
(((((Allen)))))

Danny
09-08-2003, 08:12 PM
It is also important to like yourself. If you are not happy - then figure out why you aren't and change what needs to be changed. It may surprise you that your weight is only a by-product of what really is making you unhappy. It isn't all about pounds and inches. You are much more than that!
I would suggest counseling. Or find something that satisfies you as a person and concentrate on it. Focus on good things - learn to like yourself.
Your true friends will love you no matter what weight you are - but if you get to a healthier weight - they can love you longer. Obesity can do a lot of damage. Find the goodness in yourself that is so evident to everyone else and realize that you are worthy of love and health and every other great thing life has to offer.
Start with a good physical and a nutritional and exercize plan you can live with. Fad diets won't help - you need to change your entire relationship with food. The best of luck.

jaybird
09-08-2003, 08:25 PM
YEA Danny!!!! You've reinforced so many things I've been telling Allen for months! Thank you! Sometimes I think he thinks he has 2 mommas and only hears blah blah blah! THANK YOU DANNY! I'm copying and pasting your reply and emailing it to him every day for awhile!

miccit
09-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Just wanted to give you ((((((((hugs)))))))).

Everyone here gave you some really good advice. I don't really have anything to add. Other than, have you tried to find a walking partner? I have found that if I am left on my own the only walking I do is between the computer chair, to bed, or to the refrigerator. But, if I have someone to walk with me, it is so much easier. Especially since my walking buddy is a real nag!;) She and I both give each other as much moral support as we can.

Once again ((((((hugs)))))). And I hope everything works out for you.

jonette5
09-09-2003, 12:03 AM
BIG MEN ARE SEXXXXYYYY!

I am a big gal, 5'7"..240... and I love big men. Kinda funny, my hubby is 6' tall and only weighed 148 pounds when we married...totally not what I usually go for, but he swept me off my feet with his sexy "Sam Elliot" voice! LOL. He weighs 205 now! HA HA! I fattened him up! He now has a nice...what I call a...BUBBA BELLY! I LOVE IT!

The inside is sooooooo much more important than the outside. If you are a good person (from what I have read here you are) then that is all that counts.F**K anybody who says otherwise!

mightyman
09-09-2003, 02:55 AM
thx everyone -

mightyman
09-09-2003, 02:55 AM
thx everyone -

DOOFIS
09-09-2003, 05:13 AM
Hey mightyman in your sig what does bird ivitational fat off mean?

MsLynn
09-09-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by DOOFIS
Hey mightyman in your sig what does bird ivitational fat off mean?

ditto

mightyman
09-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Well ok - you know jaybird - she has the diet thread

i came up with the idea to have a bird fatoff hehe :)

this was the invitational one - i thought i would do better but i didnt

talk to bird - she probably will do a 2nd birdoff too

sweet~n~sassy
09-09-2003, 06:57 AM
((((((mightyman)))))) you seem like such a great guy and it doesnt matter what size you are, it is what is inside that counts. :)

nosamiam
09-09-2003, 07:32 AM
{{{{{MM}}}}} You KNOW we ALL love you very much!!!!

mightyman
09-09-2003, 07:37 AM
see here is the problem - at my current weight of over 360lbs - i cant play tennis, i cant fit in a booth at a restaurant, i cant fit in an airplane seat, i cant buy nice clothes, i cant walk too far without losing my breath, i cant enjoy life.

i want to enjoy life.

gemini26
09-09-2003, 07:43 AM
MM, you know we are here for you to talk with. You can pm me at anytime. Yu know we all struggle with weight loss and it is just a mine set. That is a big hurdle we hyave to get ourselves over and it is very hard!! I am still struggling with it but I keep trying and so should you. Keep walking and working out. You have been doing great!!! Now just try to add a little bit more in and make tiny healthier steps in what you eat. Don't try to change everything at once because your mind and your body will rebel. Remember you can pm me or I can give you my email address if I have not yet. You take care and concentrater on making Allen happy and screw what anyone else thinks!!

jaybird
09-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Allen, I've told you before, I don't care how heavy you are, until it starts affecting your life, and it is doing that mentally & psychologically now. And it is affecting your life physically, because you can't enjoy the things you used to and because you can't do normal, everyday things. I have told you before, I don't want you to die. When it starts affecting your joints, your heart...well, you understand what I'm getting at. We've talked before about your weight and why it seems you are using it as a protective barrier, a emotional cushion.

Any time you need to talk, or just want to, email me and tell me to charge up the cordless! :D

Now, buck up and let's go to work.