PDA

View Full Version : old fashioned recipe's wanted

NINK
09-08-2003, 01:27 PM
hi everyone. i would love it if you would post your family recipes.
i want your mother's, grandmother's, great grandmother's recipes. things that you love to eat, things you grew up with. things that are old fashioned and homestyle. i will also share a recipe for sugar cookies now, and add to the thread myself later.

grandma Judi's sugar cookies:

3T milk
1# butter
1# powdered sugar(4cps)
4 eggs
1t baking soda
¼ tsalt
1T vanilla
6 heaping cups flour

oven @ 350. mix together roll out to ¼ ". bake 10 minutes, they will not be brown on top, just on bottom. cool.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

my grandma and i would make these every christmas, this recipe makes a lot. they are delicious. we always frosted them using powdered sugar mixed with just enough milk to make it spreadable and a little salt. these are tough to mix because there isn't much liquid for all that flour, but they are worth it.

jaybird
09-08-2003, 01:33 PM
There's an entire thread!

http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=148323

:D :D :D :D :D

NINK
09-08-2003, 01:53 PM
cool

DBackFan
09-08-2003, 02:53 PM
I have no name for this but Grandma made it for me all the time and it is soooo good!

Potato's
Polish or German Suasage Ring
Butter
Kale
Garlic

Cut and quarter potato's and set to boil. Place sausage ring on top of boiling potato's until it splits and juices go into the spuds. When potato's are done remove sausage to cool, drain and mash potato's with lots of butter! Blend in Kale with the mashed potato's and cut up the sausage and mix through. Season with garlic salt and pepper.

This is easy and awesome! Can also be used with spinach instead of Kale, just make sure its cooked!..lol

NINK
09-08-2003, 04:22 PM
i just had another idea, i think i am going to pick a bunch of my fave recipes from what is posted and print them out on nice paper and make a recipe book out of them. what i think would be really cool is to have some names to go with these recipe's like dbackfan you said your grandma made it, what is her name? any of you who post if you don't mind give me a name, i know i don't know who they are but who cares, i think it'll be neat. if any one has ever bought a recipe book from a church or school they are like that.

DBackFan
09-08-2003, 04:27 PM
My Grandma's name was Joan VanOssenbruggen. She passed away about 7 yrs ago. Neat lady :)

Great idea too :D