PDA

View Full Version : Disney at Christmastime?

DOOFIS
09-08-2003, 07:42 AM
I just called Make a wish to postpone our trip to Disney, we were supposed to go in October. The woman suggested we might like to go at Christmas so we won't be at home where we have spent so many Christmases with Dave.

So now my mother and I are wondering what the weather is like and is it crowded?

gemini26
09-08-2003, 07:46 AM
I say it is a great idea. Weather in southern Cali is usually pretty nice. I don't know about the crowds though but I do think it is a great idea!

DOOFIS
09-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Oops! should have specified Disney World. Florida. sorry.

gemini26
09-08-2003, 07:55 AM
Welp, FLorida I have no clue. But honestly if you think it might be a hard time ( and I can understand it being so) I still say go for it. Be in a different environment and go play tourists. There are lots of things to be done and a change of scenery will probably be ok.

Willow
09-08-2003, 08:22 AM
We spent a Christmas in Florida one year. I don't think it's overly crowded like it is in the summer when everyone is on vacation. You won't have to worry about standing in long lines in the heat either which is good.

CHERNL
09-08-2003, 10:30 AM
I was at WDW on New Years Eve last year and it was a MESS! But Jan.1 there wasn't hardly a soul there. Check the Disney website (www.disney.com) for details. Hope the trip helps; hugs to you (((DOOFIS))).

justbeachy
09-08-2003, 10:52 AM
I think it should be really nice Doofis, I live in Florida and frequent the parks when I can. It should be in the upper 60's, lower 70's that time of year and is generally alot less crowded. Good Luck with your trip.

kidzpca
09-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Hon. Going to Disney World at Christmas time is wonderful. Yes it is busy but Make A Wish does a wonderful job of making the trip Great if not wonderful.

Our dot had her wish this past March. Our family of Four stayed at Give Kids The World for the week and saw all the attractions in and around Orlando.

At Christmas, Disney goes all out. From the parades, floats, decorations. Most is done in old World style. Much Like the 1700s. 1800s and early 1900s. If possible stay for the Candlelight Precessional on Sat or Sun if at Disney World. It is a group of hundreds of high school chorus singers that parade down mainstreet to the train station singing Christmas Caroles along the way. They are either dressed in robes or old time christmas outfits. It is an experience you will never forget.

I personally have done the Candlelight Precessional four times while I was in high school in Florida. I also got to meet a few celebrities at those time too. Good luck and If you stay at Give Kids The World enjoy the Avenue of Angels and look for Tiffany's brick in the street from March, 2003 and Portage MI.

Tell them We Send Our Love too.

Ladytiger
09-08-2003, 06:50 PM
What a wonderful idea! Enjoy the trip and hug Mickey (and Pooh) for me!

DOOFIS
09-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm just not sure we will be ready to go then but I know I won't be ready for Christmas at all.