PDA

View Full Version : How can you find someone like a relative?

Lisa03
09-03-2003, 03:46 PM
I have a friend who is trying to locate her half brother whom she has never seen.

is there anywhere to see if she can find him?

she would like to meet him

where do you find information and what kind of information does she need?

Lora_1994
09-03-2003, 05:47 PM
if she knows any address, and his birthdate she could write social security administration and give them what info she has. They will contact him and then he maybe get in contact with her if he wants. I dont know about anything else. U.S. search...

I'd say she at least needs to know his age,birthdate and posibbly last addy or state he lived in.

If you need any help, you can pm me or e-mail me and I'd be more than happy to help you!!

lora_1994@yahoo.com

ocvachick
09-03-2003, 09:27 PM
I located my Dads half brother that he had never met... I first checked with some message boards on AOL of people looking for their missing family... found some links... then one day i opened the white pages online and started entering his name.. sure enough! and this summer we met him for the first time ever. it was awesome!

best of luck in your search

Lisa03
09-04-2003, 04:50 AM
thanks everyone

she doesn't really know that much about him from what I understand.

no birthday- she knows his name and that he may be in Ohio

that's it

the story is her Mom was 14 and got pregnant buy an older guy.

They got married and after the baby was born (either 6 wks or 6 months) the guy took off with the baby

no one has seen him since

tragic story but she got to thinking about him and wanted to find him

I figured she would need more information to find him

squirt
09-04-2003, 07:58 AM
if she knows he lives in Ohio and knows his name, then contact the state police in that state and tell them you are trying to locate this person. Through their data basa they will see if he lives in the state, make sure your friend leaves her name address and telephone number where the authorities can contact her. Try the post office also, although i'm not sure how that works. I've used the one through the police, and it did work. Hope your friend finds her loved one. You know there are television shows also that will do that, the one by Robert Stack if it is still working, also call Walsh on America's most wanted and see if they can give you any ideas.

Lisa03
09-04-2003, 08:08 AM
thanks squirt

I'll tell her