PDA

View Full Version : Life.

girlwithsoul
09-03-2003, 10:30 AM
I haven't posted in a long while but I wanted to let everyone know what's going on with me. I've started yet another semester of college and am now only 6 classes away from graduation. Since I'm going to night school while I work this should mean I can graduate by the end of 2004....FINALLY!!!! (it's been almost 8 years since I started but that's what happens when you have to work LOL).

I got my real estate license earlier in the year and now I'm working full time for my broker as her executive assistant and I'm also doing agent work for leasing. I love this new job. I've been here 2 and a half weeks and even though I've taken a small pay cut for now (until leasing picks up), I couldn't ask for a better place to work. I love it!!!!

ALSO!!! Most recently.....I auditioned for Romeo & Juliet and have been cast as Lady Capulet. I'm so excited. They're doing the show with the original verse but they're stylizing the action by making the dynamic of goths (Capulets) vs. punks (Montagues). My character is typically Juliet's mother but with this new stylization Lady Capulet is more the mother of the goth clan....not a true biological mother. The cast is young and fresh and I'm just soooo excited. The fight scenes are going to be incredible too.

And lastly....I have 2 nieces or nephews on the way. My sister and my SIL are BOTH pregnant and due 1 day apart from each other. Crazy. I already have 4 nieces so needless to say we're kind of hoping for some boys in this family LOL.

Well.....that's it. Thanks for letting me share.

Oh yeah....I'm going to North Carolina (Raleigh area) for the first time ever on Halloween weekend for a family reunion. I want to go off on my own during my trip....any suggestions on fun things to see or do?? TIA

captorquewrench
09-03-2003, 10:32 AM
(((((((((gws)))))))))))
been wondering about you!
glad yo hear all is going well.

girlwithsoul
09-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys!!! I've missed this board so much since I've been too busy to get on the net much these days. I'm just so excited about EVERYTHING!!! Capt....we need another girls lunch very soon!!!

captorquewrench
09-03-2003, 12:16 PM
yeah, we do, or a mini-potluck, someone bring the main, someone a side, someone bread/salad, someone else dessert

tsquared
09-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Good Golly Molly when do you sleep??????lol glad all is going well for yo and good luck reaching your graduation goal!!!!!!

girlwithsoul
09-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Capt....we'll definitely do something like that. What a great idea!!! T.....I find plenty of time to sleep....with my eyes open....all day long LOL.

I also forgot to add another cool thing I'm doing. I've been singing and recording for some friends of mine who are producers here. They're great guys. Anyway, a girlfriend of mine and I have been singing for them for a few weeks and we've recorded two songs that are really great...IMHO LOL. We'll perform them live for the first time at a female vocalist showcase two weeks from today. I'm so excited.

Anybody have suggestions on North Carolina fun things???

captorquewrench
09-05-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by girlwithsoul
I also forgot to add another cool thing I'm doing. I've been singing and recording for some friends of mine who are producers here. They're great guys. Anyway, a girlfriend of mine and I have been singing for them for a few weeks and we've recorded two songs that are really great...IMHO LOL. We'll perform them live for the first time at a female vocalist showcase two weeks from today. I'm so excited.

hmmmm where? open to public? admission?

girlwithsoul
09-09-2003, 10:26 AM
It's at the Industry Cafe downtown on Rusk. I think it's $5 cover. It's a bar, coffee bar, restaurant, internet cafe and music club all in one. Very laid back atmosphere. My partner in crime and I will be singing two or three songs. Our name is CydMarie. I'm nervous and excited. This is something new for me. I would love if you come but there will be others if you can't. This show is on the 19th starting late. But you definitely need to come check out Romeo & Juliet in January. It's going to be great!

captorquewrench
09-09-2003, 10:39 AM
lessee, the 19th is bad. romeo & juliet in jan sounds interesting. we're shakespeare fans at our house, but somewhat traditionalist about it, but are still open to seeing the different settings sometimes done with keeping the script the same. it can help understand. I saw one set in 1920's that was fun, at the Houston Shakespeare festival one year. I can't remember which play it was.

corkster
09-09-2003, 10:39 AM
Wow! You are a very busy lady:) Congrats on your "part"! Will you be wearing this?http://nla.gov.au/nla.pic-an24797935-v