PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Spy Blast??

ImaGApeach
09-02-2003, 04:56 AM
Yesterday I had spyblast icon on bottom of computer and unless the one of the kids put it on my pc I do not know how it got there.
Now every few minutes I get an alert pop up. What do I need to do when it does this? It really is kind of worrying me. It says to check one-a) do nothing b) do not show alert for 5 minutes c)log off current user d) disconnect e) shut-off machine Any suggestions on this or info would be greatly appreciated!

kelblend
09-02-2003, 04:59 AM
Go to your control panel and then to add/remove programs. Once you are sure you don't want it, click remove. Then you can do a search on it, to make sure it removed it all.

http://www.spyblast.com/

ImaGApeach
09-02-2003, 05:16 AM
Is this any good? I know it "alerts" me but does it stop the invasions?

mewoman
09-02-2003, 08:32 AM
What should I do if the SpyBlast begins to FLASH?

If the SpyBlast starts FLASHING, alerting you that someone is attempting to access your computer, disconnect your internet connection immediately to avoid damage caused by the hacker. While the SpyBlast is an effective early detection tool, it does not prevent hackers from invading your privacy. The only way to actually prevent hackers from ever accessing your computer system is to purchase a firewall. Firewalls can be extremely expensive and we believe the SpyBlast alert is the next best thing.

kelblend
09-02-2003, 08:39 AM
Good Grief I would have to turn my computer off every few minutes!!
Find a firewall instead!!!! I'm sure there is a thread with good firewalls on here.
I use norton myself. I know they use to have a 15 day free trial for awhile. Go to www.symantec.com if you wanna check it out.

ImaGApeach
09-02-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all of the replies!

dobiesnj
09-02-2003, 09:26 AM
I had SpyBlast on my computer and it messed it up, so I uninstalled it. I use ZoneAlarm (the free version) for my firewall and it works great. You can turn off the alert window, which is what I did, since it kept alerting me every few minutes. I think the address is www.zonealarm.com. Seems to do the job very well!