PDA

View Full Version : Posting New Threads

Night Wolf
08-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Sorry, just had to try it to see if it would work. :p
Feel free to highjack this thread if you can't start a new one. ;)

jcw
08-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Maybe things are starting to get back to normal. I just had to try and I still can't post a new thread.

sharinbo
08-27-2003, 09:43 PM
I can't either...how did you do that? I need advice from someone who has had a positive pregnancy test before!!!! HELP! I have a dark line and a faint line...2 lines is suppose to be positive...is that true even if the second line is super faint?

julie_angel
08-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Sharinbo, yes, even if the line is faint, as long as it is there, it is positive!:D

Thank you for letting us hijack your thread! I still can't start a new one.

Night Wolf
08-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by julie_angel
Thank you for letting us hijack your thread!

Your welcome!

Sharinbo usually it means positive although I have had tests that say the line has to be so dark and they have a description on the instructions but most of the time if there are two lines it is positive.

DBackFan
08-27-2003, 10:10 PM
http://www.souvenirs33.com/images/shop/beginplaatmolen.gif

Just trying something and it worked..lol. I collect Delft Blue and this is a great piece.

janelle
08-27-2003, 10:35 PM
I still can't post and sharinbo--I'll be praying it's positive. Huggs.

janelle
08-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Getting Pregnant
Pregnancy symptoms: Top ten signs you might be pregnant
Approved by the BabyCenter Medical Advisory Board

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's below:
• 10. Tender, swollen breasts

• 9. Fatigue

• 8. Implantation bleeding

• 7. Nausea or vomiting

• 6. Increased sensitivity to odors

• 5. Food aversions

• 4. Frequent urination

• 3. A missed period

• 2. Your basal body temperature stays high

• 1. The proof: A positive home pregnancy test

• See also
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most likely, you won't experience any pregnancy symptoms until about the time you've missed a period or a week or two later. If you're not keeping track of your menstrual cycle or if it varies widely from one month to the next, you may not be sure when to expect your period. But if you start to experience some of the symptoms below (not all women get them all) and you haven't had a period for a while, you may very well be pregnant. Take a home pregnancy test and find out for sure!
Trying to get pregnant? Boost your chances!
Our FREE preconception newsletter, with:
• Advice from trusted experts
• Tools to help you conceive
• Support from others trying to conceive!
• Offers from BabyCenter and partners See a sample

10. Tender, swollen breasts
One of the early hallmarks of pregnancy is extremely sensitive, sore breasts. As your body gears up for the months of pregnancy to come, you produce more of the hormones estrogen and progesterone, just as you do before each menstrual period. In fact, the tenderness you may be feeling now is probably an exaggerated version of how your breasts often feel just before your period. The tenderness will diminish significantly after the first trimester, once your rising hormone levels have stabilized and your body becomes accustomed to them.

9. Fatigue
Feeling tired all of a sudden? No, make that exhausted. Increased levels of the hormone progesterone and the extra effort your body requires to start making a baby can make you feel as if you've run a marathon when all you've done is put in a day at work. You should start to feel more energetic again once you hit your second trimester, although fatigue generally returns sometime around your seventh month.

8. Implantation bleeding
The fertilized egg begins to burrow into the lining of your uterus about 8 days after ovulation. As the embryo gets bigger and continues to implant itself, you might notice a slight staining of a pink or reddish brown color, at around 12 to 14 days after ovulation. Only a minority of women experience this implantation spotting. (If you have pain along with spotting or bleeding, call your practitioner immediately as this can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy.)

7. Nausea or vomiting
If you're like most women, morning sickness won't hit you until about a month after conception. (A lucky few escape it altogether.) But some women do start to feel queasy a bit earlier. And not just in the morning, either — pregnancy-related nausea and vomiting can be a problem morning, noon, or night. It tends to peak around eight to ten weeks, when your hormone levels are highest, and then will most likely taper off as you begin your second trimester.

6. Increased sensitivity to odors
It's not uncommon if you're newly pregnant to find that you're now overwhelmed by the smell of a bologna sandwich from several desks away and that certain aromas instantly trigger your gag reflex. This, too, may be a side effect of rapidly increasing estrogen in your system.

5. Food aversions
While some women insist they crave certain foods during pregnancy, food aversions are even more common. You may suddenly find certain foods you used to enjoy are now completely repulsive to you. This problem may come and go or last throughout your pregnancy.

4. Frequent urination
Shortly after you become pregnant, you may find yourself hurrying to the bathroom at an alarming rate. Why? It's most likely due to the fact that during your pregnancy the amount of blood and other fluids in your body increases and your kidneys work harder to quickly get rid of waste products. This symptom may start as early as six weeks into your first trimester and remain or even get worse throughout your pregnancy.

3. A missed period
If you're usually pretty regular and your period doesn't arrive on time, you probably took a pregnancy test long before you would have noticed any of the above symptoms. But if you're not regular or you're not keeping track of your cycle, nausea and breast tenderness and extra trips to the bathroom may give it away before you realize you didn't get your period.

2. Your basal body temperature stays high
If you've been charting your basal body temperature and you see that your temperature has stayed above the coverline for 18 days in a row, you're probably pregnant.
And finally...

1. The proof: A positive home pregnancy test
It's best to wait until at least the first day of a missed period before you take a pregnancy test. (If it's negative, try the test again in a few days.) Once you've gotten a positive result, make an appointment with your practitioner and head on over to our pregnancy area. Also, don't forget to update your profile and sign up for our "My Baby This Week" newsletter. Congratulations!

GeThang
08-27-2003, 10:48 PM
Ahh, thread hijackings are nice :) I tried to post a second ago and it still wouldn't work for me.

sharinbo
08-27-2003, 11:44 PM
Well let's see...I'm more than 2 weeks late, I've had morning sickness, (more like afternoon-evening sickness), VERY sore breasts, very moody, sleeping wayyy too much, and several other things I won't mention here, lol. We've been trying for 3 years....I'm going to retest in the morning with the first morning's urine..this was taken at 10pm and it still shows a faint second pink line. This would be the ultimate in good news. Ohhhh...I am so scared to even hope!

janelle
08-27-2003, 11:52 PM
Looks like you have four signs so far. YIPPEE. :) :) :)

sharinbo
08-27-2003, 11:54 PM
http://members.cox.net/swatson11/IMAG0131.JPG Do you see two lines?

janelle
08-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by sharinbo
http://members.cox.net/swatson11/IMAG0131.JPG Do you see two lines?

Sure do, even with a fuzzy picture. I see it!!!

sharinbo
08-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Woohooo! I can't get the pic any clearer between my cheap camera and my shaky hands lol. Thanks for checking it out...I needed to know if it was just wishful thinking!

Char
08-28-2003, 12:08 AM
:( :confused: :eek: LOL, this "being unable to post new posts" is killing me ! lol, I have some GREAT coupons to get posted !
I am sure I am getting what everyone else is getting, the infamous;
"Parse error: parse error in /home/bigforum/public_html/newthread.php3 on line 504"

YIKES !
:p

janelle
08-28-2003, 12:13 AM
Woohooo! I can't get the pic any clearer between my cheap camera and my shaky hands lol. Thanks for checking it out...I needed to know if it was just wishful thinking!

I think you are!!!!! I had wishful thinking too but I never saw any second line faint or otherwise. Now get your rest and take care of yourself. :p :p :p

sharinbo
08-28-2003, 03:41 AM
Thanks janelle! I just woke up and tested again. I got TWO LINES! They can't both be wrong, right?

This is the best....my mom is going to FLIP!
Somebody pinch me!

Quaker_Parrots
08-28-2003, 03:44 AM
Congrats

LadyBones
08-28-2003, 04:22 AM
I just woke up and tested again. I got TWO LINES! They can't both be wrong, right?

Somebody pinch me!

Look's like you are!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

ImaGApeach
08-28-2003, 05:00 AM
congrats-i see 2 lines!

janelle
08-28-2003, 05:24 AM
OMG Shari, I'm so excited for you!!!! I didn't sleep all night and I prayed off an on for you while I was awake. I'm so happy for you. I know how much you wanted this. Congratulations!!!!! New momma. LOL

kimp67
08-28-2003, 05:40 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!

janelle
08-28-2003, 06:06 AM
Well I'm going to take an eight hour nap after being awake all night. I hope they don't want to show our house today. Yawn. I'm still excited for Shari so hope I can sleep. LOL :o :o :o That does look like a yawn doesn't it?

justbeachy
08-28-2003, 06:41 AM
Congrats, Shari. I definetely saw a line. I say someones been drinking the BBS water. ;)

jcw
08-28-2003, 07:05 AM
Congrats I saw 2 lines also and I guess your second test really showed up for you.That's great news. Get to a dr. quick so they can confirm it for you .

adair
08-28-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Char
[B
I am sure I am getting what everyone else is getting, the infamous;
"Parse error: parse error in /home/bigforum/public_html/newthread.php3 on line 504"

[/B]

am getting the same thing.

adair
08-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Thanks janelle! I just woke up and tested again. I got TWO LINES! They can't both be wrong, right?

Somebody pinch me!

Congratulations

suzziq03
08-28-2003, 07:49 AM
:( I cant start a new thread, been trying for days now. so Im going to have to ask here.

Does anyone here have rheumatoid arthritis? I went for testing Tuesday and wont have results back till after next tuesday... I am on some medication right now ( Meloxicam 15mg ) I have been doing some research on the web on this I had never had ANY pain what so ever before Saturday past im 29 years old and was basically bed ridden for 3 days from the pain I could barely get up, couldnt lift my arms couldnt walk, have pain in both knees, and both shoulders... If anyone has this can you please let me know how it effected your life? are you able to work? how much is the medication?
Im feeling great right now, and probably overdoing things sense I wasnt able to move for so long, and I know its probably just the meds making me feel that way, but I cant stand to sit still for long. Please, if anyone has anything they can tell me I would much appreciate it.

tiffany21
08-28-2003, 08:01 AM
I can't start a new one either so I will post a pic

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid76/p407c8ed3ccbae0733f96eb17b4951c62/fb42b571.jpg

my friend sent this to me.

Night Wolf
08-28-2003, 08:13 AM
I just woke up and tested again. I got TWO LINES! They can't both be wrong, right?

Congrats!

Night Wolf
08-28-2003, 08:16 AM
tiffany that sign sums it up, gas prices have gone up every week here. :(

Night Wolf
08-28-2003, 08:31 AM
suzziq03 I started a thread with your question so everyone who hasn't been to this post will see the title and maybe someone will have an answer. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Here is the link so you can add anything and see posts.
http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?threadid=332401

Princess4J
08-28-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by tiffany21
I can't start a new one either so I will post a pic

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid76/p407c8ed3ccbae0733f96eb17b4951c62/fb42b571.jpg

my friend sent this to me.

LOL TIFFANY21 !!!
THATS SO FUNNY :D

AND SADLY SO TRUE.

I THINK A NEW THREAD IS NEEDED IN V/W.

THE ULTIMATE WHINE THREAD.:D

Unicornmom77
08-28-2003, 09:00 AM
OH CONGRATULATIONS SHARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!