PDA

View Full Version : Please Read about Yahoo E-mail

ImaGApeach
08-25-2003, 02:33 PM
I went to check my e-mail awhile ago and I had this message in my inbox! Subject: your account ikekeiii

Hello there,

I would like to inform you about important information regarding your
email address. This email address will be expiring.
Please read attachment for details.

---
Best regards, Administrator
ikeieiie

It has an attachment for the message and I scanned it (so glad I did) and it said attachment not clean-virus found!!
Has anyone had this? And how do I report it to Yahoo?

MelanieAnn
08-25-2003, 02:35 PM
I haven't gotten this.

I have an sbcglobal account, and haven't gotten any spam since I got it in January.

GeThang
08-25-2003, 02:36 PM
I haven't had it, but I will certainly be on the lookout.

Unicornmom77
08-25-2003, 02:36 PM
HUH! I dunno but i think there is a report funtion on there somewhere! Crazy virus's!!!! URRRGGGGG I am tired of all of the "virus" emails!

Gherky
08-25-2003, 02:51 PM
I've been getting those too but deleted without opening.

teddy2948
08-25-2003, 02:52 PM
I think when you open the mail there is a link at the top of the email that says something like this is spam. WHen you click on that link it allows you to block the address and/or report it.

Technologist
08-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by teddy2948
I think when you open the mail there is a link at the top of the email that says something like this is spam. WHen you click on that link it allows you to block the address and/or report it.

This is the internet worm that has been affecting everyone.

DO NOT BLOCK the address, or report it as spam, or you won't EVER get email from yahoo admin again!!!

NoOne sent this to you, it was the WORM that caused admin@yahoo . com to send that email.

Just delete it, and make sure that your virus definitions are up to date.

ImaGApeach
08-25-2003, 02:58 PM
thanks everyone!

sweetlady28
08-25-2003, 03:34 PM
I have gotten that e-mail more than I care to count, just hit the deleate button, it will come from many different yahoo e-mail addys.

It has that blaster virus attached, DO NOT OPEN!

blocking will not work, they use many diff. e-mails for the from field and reporting does no good, I tried and never heard a word from yahoo and I still get it daily.