PDA

View Full Version : Need advice - daughter's 5th birthday coming up...

aerofx
08-20-2003, 11:47 PM
and we are very tight on money. We haven't had a big party for her since her 1st birthday... we usually just take her to a theme park or have a small cake with family... things like that. We had planned to take her to Disneyland when she was old enough to enjoy it, but my husband was laid off & money has been extremely tight. It's her 5th birthday & I know she would love Disneyland. I'm wondering if she would do our best to try to save up & take her there (like find deals or I believe tickets sell cheaper towards the winter) or am I just being silly & should we just have a small thing at home or visit a local theme park like we usually do. I really want to take her but given our situation I don't know what I should do. Any advice would help. TIA!

justinenycole26
08-21-2003, 02:03 AM
Do not plan on the tickets being cheaper. The price never goes down, you may be able to get some kind of deal on a multi-day ticket if you are a California resident though.
My kids always liked birthday parties at the bowling alley or the Y has gymnastics and skating party packages.
DOn't beat yourself up if you can't take her to Disney this year. Plan now to take hr next year. You could have garage sales or sell on FSOT and put the money in a separate acct. just for the trip.