PDA

View Full Version : Why am I sending myself emails?

janelle
08-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Is this a virus too? It's from me with my name to me with my name or some kind of spam in the subject line.

I know I haven't sent me any spam. LOL Spaming myself would be dumb.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

zitra
08-20-2003, 10:38 AM
I keep gettign e-maisl that either say "your application", "thank you", or "details", in the subject line at least 50 just today! Everytiem i get one my notron antivirus pops up!

There is another virus goig naround it is called W32.Welchia.Worm..if you go to symantec.com it will tell you about it (link is on the left hand side of page).

SaraSmiles
08-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Oh my, i will have to go check this one out. :eek:

Xica
08-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by janelle
Why am I sending myself emails?

To make yourself feel important? :confused: :p

I used to get emails from "myself" too. It's annoying. :rolleyes:

janelle
08-20-2003, 10:52 AM
Guess I"m going to have to block me as junk mail. Gotta tell Hotmail not to send me any mail from myself to myself. I must have two personalities. One trying to contact the other one. LOL

I have a pen pal and it is me. :eek: :eek:

KitaKat
08-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Sounds like, to me, you have a split personality! Obviously your 'otherside' is doing this to aggrevate you. LOL j/k :D

Its a form of spoofing, I think...

I wouldn't block myself as junkmail because you do get certain emails that you signup for like a contest, survey, or greeting cards sometimes from you addie. Why they do that, I dunno... but thats why I don't put myself in the junk mail.. :p Bet that sounds kinda weird! LOL

janelle
08-20-2003, 11:04 PM
But I never open those since they look so stupid. I've never written myself a letter and I'm not about to send myself an email. My hubby sends himself emails all the time from his office though. Just some things he wants to keep at home. But this is my hotmail. My sign-up, contest mail.