PDA

View Full Version : The Charlie Daniel's band...

Mini
08-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Was awesome!! They put on a show at the local fair..it was loud..but well worth it!:D They sang: Devil went down to Georgia, The South's gonna do it again, It's not a rag it's a flag, and a few others i can't think of right now.(not sure on the names of the songs..was to busy watching him):D

Edited to add..Brad Paisley is gonna be there tonight. Jeff Bates(sp?) Trick Pony and Montgomery Gentry are also gonna perform this week. Brad is tonight, Trick is tomorrow, MG is thursday, and Jeff is friday.

Sweetberries
08-19-2003, 02:07 PM
oh man it sounds like you had alot of fun :) I love that song the devil went down to Georgia. :) :D Brad Paisley is gonna be there tonight.
oh man Iam jealous I love him :)

justbeachy
08-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Brad Paisley is yummy!!! I like Charlie Daniels, too. I am going to see Bocephus on the 31st. Are you going back tonight?

Mini
08-19-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm going back Thursday but not for MG..but i will certainly listen for them:D

intimidator329
08-19-2003, 02:36 PM
I wanted to see Charlie at the Ky state fair.. can't afford GAS now to get there to see anybody.

I'm trying to win tickets to see Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban but no luck so far. I'll hitch hike to see them!!

ImaGApeach
08-19-2003, 02:49 PM
I saw them at the Country Fest in Atlanta a few years ago-it started pouring rain and he just kept right on playing-There were alo9t of people there(Alan Jackson,Kenny Chesney,Hank Jr, and alot more) but they put on one of the best shows I saw!

GeThang
08-19-2003, 04:47 PM
The Charlie Danile's band was in my area last year. Didn't get to see them. Trick pony was in my town this summer, didn't see them either. Wish I would have though.

sweet~n~sassy
08-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Glad you had a good time. I saw them a few years ago, also saw Lonestar, the Wallflowers, Train and Matchbox 20 and a few others. Last year I saw Phil Vassar, a friend and I met him after the concert, got his autograph and my picture with him.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
08-19-2003, 08:29 PM
I was there too and he sang "Drinking My Blues Away", "Long Haired Country Boy", "Legend of Wooley Swamp", "The South's Gonna Rise Again", a couple of songs about patriotism, a Gospel song "How Great Thou Art", said the Pledge of Allegance, Sang the National Anthem...and more... oh and he also bashed the National Association/Organization of Men and Boy Lovers and yes it IS a real organization. :eek:

It was awesome. I so wanted to see Brad P. tonight but ah well... I got to see CDB!